It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Must Act Where Washington Will Not - ( Texas Military Forces )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

On July 11, 13 Texas state representatives and two state representative nominees signed a letter to Governor Rick Perry, Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst, Speaker Joe Straus, and members of the Legislative Budget Board.

In it, they urged the state of Texas to utilize "all lawful budget authority" to secure its border with Mexico.

An urgent request by the Commander of the Texas Military Forces is something that Legislators take seriously. We ask members of Congress to answer Gov. Perry’s call for action and funding. However, we acknowledge the likelihood that help from Washington will be delayed, or absent altogether.

Texas must act where Washington will not. Gov. Perry has called for 1,000 additional National Guard troops and we can act now to provide them. We urge Gov. Perry, Lt. Gov. Dewhurst, and Speaker Straus to utilize all lawful budget authority to deploy additional members of the Texas Military Forces to the border as the Governor requested.

If budget execution authority must be exercised by the Legislative Budget Board under section 317 of the Government Code, then we offer our support for such a measure and ask that all steps needed to exercise such authority be taken expeditiously.

We are thankful to all the men and women who are deployed on the border dealing with this crisis. We pray for their success.

May God grant wisdom to our leaders, and may He help us all as we fulfill our responsibilities to Texans.

Texas Reps Urge State Action to Secure Border

-
OBSERVATION: Escalation ... Expected.

TEXAS is TRY'n to be nice and work with the System

AND

Awaiting Official Announcement

edit on 15-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Hasn't Obama already asked Congress for a lot of cash to do something about the border? And how exactly can the border be secured? We're talking about a huge area.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is an invasion. We have no way of knowing who is coming in to our country or where they are from. We are being far to kind and accommodating of these law-breakers. A few shots over the bow might send a much needed message.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Right and what do they plan to do?
Put armed people on the border?
And then what?
Shoot kids trying to cross?

That's going to go over real well.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
observation--with all this attention on the southern border, i wonder what's being done with the nortnern?

Canadian and Mexican Borders According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the length of the International Boundary line of the U.S.-Canadian border, excluding Alaska, is approximately 3,987 miles,, while the length of the U.S.-Mexican border is estimated at 1,933 miles. The length of the Alaska-Canada border alone is 1,538 miles. The tables below list the 13 U.S. states that share international boundaries with Canada and the four states that share an international border with Mexico, with information from the International Boundary Commission and the U.S. Geological Survey
CRS Report for Congress
With twice as long of a border, i'd be more concerned about what may be coming in from the north.
edit on 15-7-2014 by occrest because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2014 by occrest because: add source

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

From what I understood, the funds by enlarge are to accommodate the influx of people coming here outside the legal means.

Housing, clothing, food, even legal counsel. None of it's to 'protect' anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Threads like this make me vibrate with joy for the fact that I am not an American.

Tingles.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Hasn't Obama already asked Congress for a lot of cash to do something about the border? And how exactly can the border be secured? We're talking about a huge area.

We are spending more money on the Border in one year than we did in all the years from our founding until the 1990s combined. We had 3,000 border agents in 1990s now we have over 20,000. And some people are dumb enough to think we should just keep uping those numbers. Some how some way we made it to all the 1990s with almost no border patrol and to the year 2000 with a much much smaller one. So we are just tossing money away. Lets face it we do not have the money or the man power to ever truly secure our borders. However politics being what it is take a complex problem that would require some thinking to help solve and just says well Americans are idiots we will just spend more on the border. It will not solve anything but, it will make the ignorant masses feel better. Kind of like TSA.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We should cut off all trade with Mexico unless they deal with this problem before it even get's to us.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Senators
We should cut off all trade with Mexico unless they deal with this problem before it even get's to us.

I'm sorry, you want the Mexican Government to commit economic suicide???

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Until they make a 20 mile buffer zone, lining the border will do nothing. Anyone caught within that buffer zone goes to a hard labor camp for 1 year(first offense). All kids get taken to the capitol of Mexico and the government there pay for it. The Mexican gov should pay for all hard labor prison costs and all other costs. That's how you stop the BS.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Easy way to solve this issue...send the people that HIRE illegals knowingly to jail. The actual business owners. Not their hr.

It would never happen.

Who profits most?

As always follow the money to the top yet those found there are part of a justice system far removed from that of the common person.

Who HIRES all of the millions of illegals anyway? Find that answer, find the reason why they are here...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Until they make a 20 mile buffer zone, lining the border will do nothing. Anyone caught within that buffer zone goes to a hard labor camp for 1 year(first offense). All kids get taken to the capitol of Mexico and the government there pay for it. The Mexican gov should pay for all hard labor prison costs and all other costs. That's how you stop the BS.

Why not just send them back to the hard labor they were doing for dimes on the dollar? Why spend all that money chasing them only to have the price of ALL food, meat, and restaurant meals go up?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Perry is dumber than I thought. The illegals surrender to CBP. No hunting required. They use a Bush era law that let's illegals from countries that do not border CONUS to stay in the US and have a hearing. The key is to alter the Bush era law.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

From what I understood, the funds by enlarge are to accommodate the influx of people coming here outside the legal means.

Housing, clothing, food, even legal counsel. None of it's to 'protect' anything.

Unfortunately, you exactly right sir.I.E.almost none of the treasonous bastards requested funds are for returning invaders.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ADDENDUM ... ( or update ):

A working group of lawmakers appointed by Speaker John Boehner is poised to recommend

1. deploying the National Guard,

2. amending a 2008 law requiring a lengthy deportation process,

3. bringing in temporary judges to reduce a legal backlog and

4. new border security measures

to the GOP version of an emergency spending bill planned for floor consideration before the August recess.

Boehner Group Finalizing Border Security Plan ...
Before August

-
OPINION: TEXAS-Patience ... Running-Thin

( i.e. the sooner the better )

edit on 15-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I like you - we think along the same lines.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Really its just screwed up. The illegal immigrants who are coming to America could be anyone. But the biggest problem is that the U.S is being way to kind with the illegal immigrants. I mean come on this is America and that's Mexico. Theres a fine line between America and Mexico but as the months progress that fine line is becoming smeared.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Stop all the jobs and freebies to illegals and they will self deport.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: HGarner
Really its just screwed up. The illegal immigrants who are coming to America could be anyone. But the biggest problem is that the U.S is being way to kind with the illegal immigrants. I mean come on this is America and that's Mexico. Theres a fine line between America and Mexico but as the months progress that fine line is becoming smeared.

We have had gang members coming through with this recent invasion. They are even trying to recruit kids into their gangs. We also have contagious diseases coming through. People keep thinking it is only un-accompanied children coming here when there are men, woman and children, many of whom are teens on the verge of adulthood. Also pregnant women who will soon be having anchor babies and along with that comes welfare freebies.

new topics

top topics

join