It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Snowden Release: JTRIG is 4chan on Steroids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Edward Snowden and those who preceded him are not traitors. They are the pinnacle of American patriotism.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Anyone who doesnt think Snowden is a hero, is an enemy of the American people and their freedom.

Yeah that is some hero that ran to Russia who has been spying on US since end of world war 2.

Not only that but they just reopened their largest spying complex in the world in Cuba.

Snowden is NO hero.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Anyone who doesnt think Snowden is a hero, is an enemy of the American people and their freedom.

Yeah that is some hero that ran to Russia who has been spying on US since end of world war 2.

Not only that but they just reopened their largest spying complex in the world in Cuba.

Snowden is NO hero.

Since WW2? they must be the Johnny come lately's then,
No matter.
But but, what about SWAMP DONKEY, a computer hack, ' “silently” finds and encrypts all predefined types of files on a target’s machine.' and CHANGELING, (It's not just an e-mail spoof, it's also a hack) working together, are you happy with that?
Thing is, just SWAMP DONKEY on it's own can easily give you a heap of trouble, used with CHANGELING, it can be exponential and draw in any number on a mailing list. Neither exercises have a conscience, and that all the info can be invented by a NSA prat.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Agreed, the amount of info he is exposing, albeit hunted relentlessly by TPTB, unreal human.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indiglow

All I want to hear in regards to Edward Snowden are those three magic words..

Ready.

Aim.

Fire.

Snowden is a traitor who deserves nothing less than the death penalty.

People so focus on the spying crap that they tend to forget a lot of the crap he took also deals with defense measures and counter measures the US takes to defend itself. One single thing released by him that allows an enemy of the US to gain a tactical advantage deserves the death penalty. That's the bottom line.

edit on R532014-07-16T22:53:10-05:00k537Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

I drink to that. Unfortunately many people may think he is a hero and Big Brother is rigging everything that makes me & you think most of the country thinks he's a traitor. By #Manipulate online polls, #Boost Videos supporting he's a traitor, #Kill videos with millions of views and comments of people calling him a hero. And the list is endless. Scary stuff. I always knew those 2nd amendment polls, Do you like Obama Care polls, ect. were strictly to collect peoples opinions on everything and store it. Tell me 1 good reason they would do that?? I'll give you 10 Terrifying reasons they would. Copying The Nazi's playbook is never a good thing. They are perfecting it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I find really interesting that every leak of this guy is about how awesome and scary the power of the aristocracy is.

Where is that information about the war that was supposed to happen this month?

Where is it?

That would be a information to praise him. All this stuff about the government being big brother i figured out 15 years ago when i read Aldous Huxley and George Orwell. Was pretty obvious people with power would use internet to get more and more control over people.

All this government power campain feels like a big propaganda. As Joseph Goebbels said once (was really him? not sure) "A lie repeated a thousand times becomes the truth"

So Mr Snowden, when the practical information will come?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NotSoAnonymous

One thing I have noticed in Florida is the governor is still doing okay in the polls, maybe slightly behind the democratic front runner(who happens to be the ex-governor), even though he is booed of stage in virtually every public appearance.

The polls are rigged. People do not want to vote for someone who is polling very low, so in order to protect the PR of a candidate, I can see why polls are rigged. It also makes it easier to steal an election with the polling numbers are close....

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

the video used by the western press as a smokescreen during benghazi?

The only thing fake about Benghazi is the outrage over it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
All the more reason to have little trust in anything that you see, hear or read online.

Or........Think about this way.......Now the cat is out of the bag. Pandora's box has been opened and guess what??????

Maybe that was the plan all along. Slowly week after week and month after month trickle news and then let the outrage settle. Ask yourself how many stories have you seen in the last two years that ended up amounting to nothing. PTB have finally figured out the people are lost in a progressive pipe dream and will only wake up when the money and entertainment run out.

I am going to make a prediction I know for a fact will come true. Nothing and I mean nothing will come of this or any other "LEAK". TPTB have won like it or not. All we can do is hope our masters let our collective chains fall lightly upon our shoulders.

edit on 17-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I come from a land that was never conquered.

The Seminoles were never conquered.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: SubTruth

I come from a land that was never conquered.

The Seminoles were never conquered.

Freedom and liberty is a state of mind that you are born with. Only you can give it away.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: violet
I don't put much stock into what snowden says.
He doesn't reveal anything that we don't already know except for these silly codenames.

I was going to say he and the reporters he feeds are at least bringing this stuff into mainstream spotlights.

This is all old stuff to anyone who has been paying attention but most people by a huge margin are not paying attention and of those who are fewer have the technical understanding to really grasp what it and has been going on.

But then I started wondering why even after all the mainstream coverage there is relatively little to no outrage from the mainstream audience. Sure, we're pissed. But we've been pissed all along. Way before Snowden's "leaks."

Grandma, soccer mom and the Facebooking tweens still don't care.

So then who is the target audience for this info? We already knew. Government spying isn't a revelation. From Black Chamber to Minaret to Echelon anyone with any awareness at all knows the government is up your ass 24/7.

So in the end the minority will feel some sense of vindication as in "See, I was right!" but then be ultimately let down by a complete lack of action and the majority will go on simply not caring about any of this.

So true.
Most don't care.
My kids don't.
My daughter cared for about a week after she had a run in with US. Customs at the border crossing. She told me quite the story, said don't repeat it because they were very threatening, etc. I don't know if I believe her. She was freaking out they took my phone away for hours, they're tracing it now. Careful what you text me. A month later she's back to not caring. " I have nothing to hide".

I think it comes down to them not fully understanding how serious it could be. She could have been charged with a felony.. She talked her way out of it by offering up too much information. Silly girl.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I don't like this at all. But yeah, remember the YouTube video that was showing Assad's troops and the chemical weapons that John Kerry kept on going on about? That could be one of the videos artificially inflated, in theory.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So the USA can spy massively, even on its allies, but when others do it, it's not ok.
Maybe governments should start acting for the people instead of against the people and to fill their pockets, but I'm afraid I won't see that happen in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Indiglow

All I want to hear in regards to Edward Snowden are those three magic words..

Ready.

Aim.

Fire.

Snowden is a traitor who deserves nothing less than the death penalty.

People so focus on the spying crap that they tend to forget a lot of the crap he took also deals with defense measures and counter measures the US takes to defend itself. One single thing released by him that allows an enemy of the US to gain a tactical advantage deserves the death penalty. That's the bottom line.

Here is the cold, hard truth.

Like it or not, these types of tools are needed to protect us. But like any weapon, they can be used against us, which is exactly what Snowden revealed. He didn't name spies, or give up locations of sites where intelligence is gathered or processed. How stupid do you think our enemies are? They know far more about us than you think.

What has been released by Snowden, are things that are already long outdated and several degrees inferior to what they use to defend this country today.

Look up "Applebaum" on Youtube and you'll get a vague idea of what type of technology the NSA has for field operations.

What Snowden did, is reveal to the people of this country that the NSA has overstepped its mandate to protect us from our enemies by classifying us as yet-to-be-enemies. This allows them to snoop on all of us in any way that they want, because it just might be possible that someday, we could turn into a terrorist, so they have to be able to see it coming by having the ability to "flag suspicious behavior". They violate your Constitutional rights first (4th Amendment), and THEN determine if they have to follow due process to cover themselves judicially (FISA). For that revelation alone, Snowden is an American hero who was trying to protect our liberty being threatened by tyranny. How can you not see that?

If they didn't want the information released, it wouldn't be. They have already calculated all of the risks involved in the release of whatever Snowden had in his possession, and probably mitigated the majority of them by now by simply cutting all of those programs and re-instituting them under other names and classifications.

They have this down to a science, it's not their first intelligence leak.

I completely disagree with you and think that to suggest he should be killed is a childish and immature position to take considering most of your facts are probably from the media with little insight into anything more than what you are "told" to think.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Considering I had access to NSA's network for 13 years of my career, I am well aware of the internal workings of NSA that very few people could even dream of.

Edward Snowden took more than just stuff about the US spying capabilities. Some of what he took has people very nervous and for good reason.

Giving aid to the enemy deserves the death penalty. Bottom line. Ready Aim Fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Although I am now retired, it doesn't make me any less aware of whats going on.... I have friends and contacts in almost every three letter agency you can think of....and I still keep in touch with them from time to time.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Frankly, anyone regularly visiting and posting on sites like ATS (etc.), who thinks themselves handy with a keyboard should be under no illusions that everything they say and do online is being closely monitored by those guys with the tech toys.

Probably for a long time too.

And bear in mind, it's not only about what you actually do, go or say online...it's about what that can be manipulated to make it look like you did or went or said online, and remembering the difference between those can be the difference between destroying you or not.

In fairness to the 'security services' though..it would be remiss of them and they would be failing in their duty if they had not designed and use these toys for online 'security tasks'. 'Online' is obviously a huge frontier and intelligence challenge, full of intelligence that is naturally going to be a target for monitoring and exploitation by tptb..it is their job after all.

We don't have to like it, but we ought to understand why it is there and act accordingly while online.

Just mentally picture an agent sitting behind you with a notepad and pen looking over your shoulder and making detailed notes about what you are doing online, and you won't be far wrong i suspect.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join