It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did Chinese Newspaper Call Julie Bishop A Complete Fool!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Another baffoon;
Why did a Chinese newspaper call Julie Bishop a 'complete fool'?

www.smh.com.au...

edit on 15-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why should China be any different? We have been calling a lot of our politicians fools for a long time.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

Probably because she is..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

And why is the fairfax media defending her? stupid question- The Liberals and the printed media scratch each others backs.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Would it be asking too much to get something other than a link and two words?

Honestly, I can feel Julie Bishop giving you her death stare from my house. I'm not going to bother clicking a link with nothing to go on.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

And why is the fairfax media defending her? stupid question- The Liberals and the printed media scratch each others backs.

Dunno good Question the Hegelian dialectic most likely, anyone here smart enough to know what that is know other wise completely clueless sheeple!.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Would it be asking too much to get something other than a link and two words?

I posted this in an attempt to get our international ats posters interested in Australian current/affairs.
Because we seem to be the arse end of the world that no one on ats except for a handful take any notice of.
I am not pushing an agenda one way or the other! Just spreading the message for those too lazy to watch or read the news.
I Think Ill be doing this on regular basis from now on.

Any way the latest on the sage meant to post this yesterday 16/7 ;
Julie Bishop to Xinhua: I never said 'stand up to China' Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I'm not telling you to NOT post about it. It's about the general ATS rules and expectations. For starters, one liners are really frowned upon (in general). So that 2 word post was pretty dodgy. But on top of that when you link to a website about an article as such you would be better of starting by quoting something from it like this;

The editorial page of Monday's Global Times - the Chinese Communist Party's rabidly nationalistic tabloid - would seem to support Hugh White's prediction that Australia will pay a price for obstructing, rather than facilitating, the expansion of Chinese "leadership" in the region.
The paper derided Julie Bishop as a "complete fool" using a term that defies neat translation but could be construed even more harshly.
The personal attack raised eyebrows in the diplomatic corps in Australia and abroad, where Ms Bishop is widely considered to be the most competent Australian foreign affairs minister since Gareth Evans.

Read more: www.smh.com.au... H7

You can't quote the entire article, and should be approx 10% or less and contain the source link (you did that bit fine). But most importantly we all wan't to hear what your views on the topic are. What do you think of Julie Bishops standing? Is China in the right to be critical? etc. Put something down in your own words to engage in starting the conversation.

I've no problem with you posting about us down-under, in fact the more Aussie stuff on ATS the better! But I am just wary of a link with nothing to go on, it could have been anything so ATS want's you to make your posts count.

On topic, I worry that the sliding values and debate skills over the last 10 years in Australian politics has left us with a batch of pollies that are sorely lacking in diplomacy. They spend most of the time name calling and trying to get a snappy 3 word slogan on the news. The meat and substance is gone. I think Rudd actually did a fairly good job in the position of minister for foreign affairs. He was in a strong position to work well with China and had the language skills to aid him. It was a fateful decision to have him as PM though. But Julie Bishop, I worry she has a great defensive walls, but behind the walls is a lack of knowledge.

All I know is this country is scarily on a bad path. We seem like a nation of pre-schoolers fighting over who gets to control the iron and coal and dobbing on each other. Frustrating to watch/listen to them day in day out.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

'm not telling you to NOT post about it. It's about the general ATS rules and expectations. For starters, one liners are really frowned upon (in general). So that 2 word post was pretty dodgy. But on top of that when you link to a website about an article as such you would be better of starting by quoting something from it like this;

I sure if the mods have an issue with my posts they will bring it to my attention. However why you have seen fit to take on that role yourself is my curious question to you?

You can't quote the entire article, and should be approx 10% or less and contain the source link (you did that bit fine). But most importantly we all wan't to hear what your views on the topic are. What do you think of Julie Bishops standing? Is China in the right to be critical? etc. Put something down in your own words to engage in starting the conversation.

Hmm frankly i couldnt careless i see very little etiquette on here, and far worse examples than those; Do you have an axe to grind? Your giving me a troll stalker feeling targeting yours truly.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The Honorable Julie Bishop death stare Included
[/url]

edit on 18-7-2014 by 74joff because: Stupid image tab desnt even work

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thread closed for staff review

top topics

join