It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Espionage Officer Kent Clizbe's Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I learned about this source of information because I follow Henrik Palmgren's Red Ice Radio and Radio 3Fourteen. Kent Clizbe was recently interviewed.

I found the interview fascinating so I wanted to know more.

He has authored a book entitled Willing Accomplices: How KGB Covert Influence Agents Created Political Correctness and Destroyed America.

I'm just starting to read it and already I'm fascinated by some terminology he uses. For example, speaking of the former Soviet Union and the KGB's operations in the United States, he uses the term "payloads" to refer to their efforts to covertly insert influence in order to bring down a free society's media, academia and education, and entertainment - in other words the culture.

The interview is on video:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Another term: "Innocents":

The covert operations, in which KGB officers recruited and ran agents, were aimed at influencing “Innocents,” which is the term Soviet covert operatives used to describe Westerners who could be manipulated into doing the Communists’ bidding.

Clizbe, Kent (2011-06-04). Willing Accomplices . Andemca Publishing. Kindle Edition.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It is an interesting perspective to hear that political correctness involves more than a few petty ideas in terms of language and has been a covert front to diminish the national moral. When it comes to what is said, the tone of the message can affect its offensiveness a lot more than the actual words.

In a world of political correctness gone mad with endless silly debates about such and such, this could very well be one front the west is losing. It is an interesting interview about the war going on for our minds.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Now I see I disagree with Clizbe on something:

The preface of a children’s history of the United States, written in 2006, by Howard Zinn, reflects the PC view of the U.S. as irredeemably racist, imperialist, and in need of correction and exposure to its young citizens as a fraud:

I am not worried about disillusioning young people by pointing to the flaws in the traditional heroes. We should be able to tell the truth about people whom we have been taught to look upon as heroes, but who really don’t deserve that admiration. Why should we think it is heroic to do as Columbus did…? Why should we think it heroic for Andrew Jackson to drive Indians out of their land? Why should we think of Theodore Roosevelt as a hero because he fought in the Spanish-American war…paving the way for the United States to take control of Cuba? … My point of view, which is critical of war, racism, and economic injustice, carries over to the situation we face in the United States today.

Contempt for dead white males drips from each page of this two volume history of America. . . .

Clizbe, Kent (2011-06-04). Willing Accomplices (p. 20). Andemca Publishing. Kindle Edition.

And I don't like the "dead white males" expression. It is a diversion, I think, away from what I think are valid points.

This is not to say I agree with political correctness pressures.

But I think Zinn makes some good points in that excerpt.

new topics

top topics

join