It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you not worth changing the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Is it not worth giving everything you've got? Fighting tooth and nail for what you believe in. Facing the global elite, their weapons, their power and their troops! Why do we just sit and complain about things that we are not going to even try to change? What ever happened to all those kids from the 70's who felt so strongly about fixing the worlds problems? Is it really up to the younger generation to change the world? Because the last time I checked it wasn't the youth that made up the majority of the populous. What is it that we are so afraid of, losing contact with the manufactured reality that we have become so addicted to? Do we all need rehab? It is a sickness that has spread like a plague throughout the western world, a plague that affects every single one of us (myself included) and it needs to change NOW! Before we put the final nail in our own coffin as a species. Why, I implore you, WHY do we just accept the cards we are dealt without more than a grumble?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal
Is it not worth giving everything you've got? Fighting tooth and nail for what you believe in. Facing the global elite, their weapons, their power and their troops! Why do we just sit and complain about things that we are not going to even try to change? What ever happened to all those kids from the 70's who felt so strongly about fixing the worlds problems? Is it really up to the younger generation to change the world? Because the last time I checked it wasn't the youth that made up the majority of the populous. What is it that we are so afraid of, losing contact with the manufactured reality that we have become so addicted to? Do we all need rehab? It is a sickness that has spread like a plague throughout the western world, a plague that affects every single one of us (myself included) and it needs to change NOW! Before we put the final nail in our own coffin as a species. Why, I implore you, WHY do we just accept the cards we are dealt without more than a grumble?

No one wants to leave their 'comfort-zone'. What's that line in the 'Matrix', "There are levels of survival we are willing to accept." Between the elite, and the people who love their middle rung existence, they are the majority. Nothing will change while majority rules.

The only thing necessary for now, is to dispose of negative thought~forms and forget about changing the world. Change you!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
who says we are sitting around
directdemocraticrepublic

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yes. I stopped caring. Today. I don't car about the government and I don't care about my fellow man and I don't care what happens to my kids or grandkids. they have to do what I did. roll the dice. the is no fight to fight. the is no good in the world. there is no hope for the human race. I am back to hating the human race and wishing for its absolute destruction. satisfied? good. no leave me alone and stop asking questions. also, i hate you!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu
Ok but do you actually get out and try to accomplish anything or is it just in the early stages? People need to do some foot work In order to actually accomplish any kind of public change in ideology, you need a leader or a group of real people not just a forum, but it is a start.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tencap77
good you'll be on the front line then! Anger is a power that is too easily wasted!
edit on 15-7-2014 by HiMyNameIsCal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
AH the enthusiasm of youth I remember my generation was going to change the world,now they run it and became the very same people we despised.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal
What are we going to fight...for?
Look at the political threads on this site...
We...Can't Agree...On...Anything!
We won't be fighting together... We'll be fighting each other.
... ...humph...
... ... ... .. ... ... I thought the same as you a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum
You hit the nail on the proverbial head.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wasted a lifetime on it .. not a damn thing has changed other than the methods humans come up with to slaughter each other over # that doesnt mean a damn thing ..

World needs a total reboot ..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

My personal bodycount is a little over 3,400. Best as I can tell. Some of those were just parts, but they still count. they LOOKED like they were wearing the same clothes. IWhat's your personal best?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu
Will check that out thanks

OP: Perhaps I am deluding myself but I do like to think I am making a small bit of difference, at least on a local level. Maybe in the future I will be able to look back on these small gains and see a bigger picture, maybe, maybe not.

I will practice a little humility and not spout off a resume of small gains, this shouldn't be a pissing contest on who does more.

I got into law to make a difference, I only hope I do.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Some of us may actually like the world today.

Contrary to popular belief, the world has been a lot more screwed up than it is today. Every generation however believes they are seeing the worst problems that society has ever faced, they are all just one step away from chaos, their generation is the end times.

It usually isn't true.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Interesting that you bring that up... That should be the evidence of mankind's perpetual decay, yet people still believe we're "evolving". Yup, we're evolving.....into livestock.

@khnum
Exactly. "If you can't beat em' join em'". No one wants to fight an uphill battle where the outcome is the same no matter how you approach the problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You dont get to the mountain top without climbing a big pile of dirt, if you choose the easy way out you will only ever achieve mediocrity.

Having said that, yeah choose your battles; but dont give up on your ideals.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

You can't achieve anything in this world except mediocrity. Anything else is just an illusion.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
OP:

YES, we are all worth it.

To my beaten down friends, who have given up hope:

YES, we are all worth it.

LOA

Love One Another

I want to scream this to everyone. Love One Another. Its the only way. Why would you strive for anything less. Yes nobody can agree on anything… until we see that we are one. Put yourself in those immigrants shoes, and you will see that they would do anything for a chance at better. See yourself as the palestinians, or the jews, or the blacks, or the muslims. See yourself as the 'OTHER'.

When we treat everyone the way we would wish to be treated, and love them as if they were our own family, we will prevail.

All creation waits with eager longing for the unveiling of the Sons of God.

This is how the world will know you are my disciples (Sons of God), love one another.

LOA

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum
You wont with that attitude.

I have, and I never screwed anyone out of what they earned.

EDIT TO ADD: I have an S-Class Mercedes-Benz, what do you drive? More importantly: What drives you?
edit on 15-7-2014 by RifRAAF because: Kids need slapping

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We change the world every moment of every day, its only a matter of determining what we are changing the world into that is up for grabs.

The biggest issues arise from society itself, meaning that simply doing a "reset" on governments, etc. will devolve back into the exact same problems down the road. Just as it has every single time in our history.

Once we reach a certain level of technological advancement, there will be a requirement, of sorts, to initiate a social advancement. At that point, it will either mean the destruction of our species as a whole, or a start of a new cultural era.

Until there is an actual catalyst, most people have no motivation to think about much of anything, much less take action of any kind.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: RifRAAF

You can't achieve anything in this world except mediocrity. Anything else is just an illusion.

It is that attitude which leads people to mediocrity.

If you believe you can do more than you probably can.

Some of the best advice ever given by the great Walt Disney himself.

“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.”

edit on 15-7-2014 by Senators because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join