It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Illegal Immigration Facts You'll Never Read in Legacy Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm not getting how someone without a social security number is getting food stamps, Medicaid, etc. This is a standard requirement for any such assistance. In the list it says Obama has made an exception for illegals. How does that work? If you say, "I'm an illegal alien" the welfare worker says, "oh, no worries - you qualify for automatic assistance". Then you get the pregnant 18year old out on her own, American citizen who has to jump through a bunch of hoops and be tracked for compliance to work programs and so forth.

And why is the UN advising Obama on this matter with refugee status? Is this common?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The illegals I have known do everything they can to avoid the "system." I have never seen one sponge off the system. I'm sure they are out there...just never witnessed it myself.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Annee

So what do you do? Toss them out in the desert to die?

You stop the incentives for them to come. No jobs, no freebies.

Then you move the jobs off shore.

I live in an agricultural area. The food crisis from lack of field workers hasn't really hit the stores yet.

Some farm owners here have closed there farms in the US and moved their business to Mexico.

Do you support GMO food? Science is making foods with short stems, such as broccoli to have longer stems so machines can cut them without damaging the crops.

A lot of the farms here grow lemons and Sudan grass for Russia. I wonder how long they are going to last if/when the US boycotts export to Russia.

However, statistically the average field worker today is 50. The young legal or illegal migrant kids want education. They want a better life.

It's so easy to have an "armchair" opinion. The reality is far more complicated then blame it on the employer.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This whole issue is compounded by the war on drugs and NAFTA. NAFTA drove all the jobs out of Mexico and other Central American countries leaving only illegal ones. The cartels took over, run the countries now and are slowly moving north. We really need to STOP having conversations about illegal immigration while not talking about the cartels and the war on drugs.

They should have a police state with an iron fisted rule: behave like civilized humans or be eliminated.

Oh wait! That takes personal freedom away from the cartels

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Should we roll out the red carpet and allow millions upon millions of thieves, rapists, gang members and drug dealers to come waltzing into this country any time they would like? Should we broadcast a message to the rest of the world that anyone that can find a way to enter this country and somehow get to a “sanctuary city” can sign up for a plethora of welfare benefits and live a life of leisure at the expense of hard working American citizens?

So there are millions and millions of thieves, rapists, gang members and murderers trying to get in to this country? Please. Is the Right so desperate that they have to keep peddling fear and nonsense?

They are deliberately trying to portray the idea that all of these people are criminals or crazy killers..etc. That's just wrong and it's a lie.

I don't know why people keep falling for this propaganda. My 15 yr old son is smart enough that he points out obvious propaganda to me when he sees it, but there are grown adults that are so blinded by their ideology/hatred/political allegiance that they refuse to see what is being spoon fed to them.

I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with some of these people.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Or we could end the war on drugs and turn off the cartels' main source of income.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

A stolen identity or an anchor baby and they end up with cheap housing, food and medical.

..if you're using a stolen identity, you're in fact paying into the system. And that baby is born on US soil, an American citizen. Blame the way the system is set up, not the parents that came here for a better life. Give that American citizen the best education you possibly can. If they cut back on handout programs and invest in mandatory programs that teach them different trades for them to get better jobs then the system would be more effective IMO.

You ever hear the quote "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Or we could end the war on drugs and turn off the cartels' main source of income.

How?

A police state can be accomplished. There's history to prove that.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Bingo .

But to them, that wouldn't make cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hallowpinyo

Bingo .

To you too.

If you can't tell me how to accomplish it, then you're just blowing hot air.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Bingo .

To you too.

..to be honest I'm not sure exactly how..but, they can start by pulling troops & aid from overseas and militirizing our borders. That would deal with their human trafficking income. Peg cartels as "terrorist" organizations & treat them as they would any other "terrorist organizations"

Legalize marijuana nationwide. That would deal with a good chunk of their income.

Press their corrupt Govts to invest in better education for their people.

Those are just off the top. But you have to start somewhere, if nothing is done then the problem will just get worse & keep expanding north.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What do you mean how? Decriminalize ALL drugs. Let people put what they want into their bodies freely without some authority telling them they can't. It's real easy.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What do you mean how? Decriminalize ALL drugs. Let people put what they want into their bodies freely without some authority telling them they can't. It's real easy.

Definitely gonna need a police state iron fisted rule when that happens.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
#20 Illegal immigrant Canadians are harder to spot. Just ask Joe Arpaio.

Illegal Canadians immigrants are a huge threat!

They must be clinically insane to immigrate to the states! Better catch those mad men

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For what its worth I personally know exactly one "illegal" originally from Mexico...he lives up the street with his wife (a white U.S. citizen) and their 2 kids. Nice guy, a hard worker that runs his own construction business - which is bonded and insured, so I guess it's a "legal" business (Not sure how that works, though.) Known him for about 10 years now, he did some work on my basement.

He has been fighting/working to get his U.S. citizenship for years and is constantly worried about being deported. This I can't understand because I thought marriage made him a citizen but he told me it doesn't work that way. But they know where he lives, he's not hiding or anything...it seems as though he's in some sort of perpetual citizenship limbo.

Just putting it out there that not all "illegals" are vampiric drainers of U.S. resources only looking for a handout.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The answer to that if you cant fill them with Americans is increase LEGAL immigration slots. Maybe conditional state only work Visa's.

Also do what Australia does. Offer seasonal visa's to European Uni Students that want to travel.
Great thing about them is they are a inexhaustible resource and if you advertise and recruit only in 1st world EU country's/New Zealand/ Australia then very few are going to stay past there visa expiry date.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

#3 The Obama administration has distributed flyers that tell illegal immigrants that their immigration status will not be checked when they apply for food stamps.

WHAT ?

There are already 50 million on food stamps.

www.washingtonpost.com...

And there are anywhere between 10-30 million illegals in this country.

TC terms and conditions prevent me from further elaborating.

Should we roll out the red carpet and allow millions upon millions of thieves, rapists, gang members and drug dealers to come waltzing into this country any time they would like?

Since no one really knows just now many of those there are.

Let's just say even 1 is too many.

And there are a hell of alot more than one of those kinds of people.
edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Bingo .

To you too.

..to be honest I'm not sure exactly how..but, they can start by pulling troops & aid from overseas and militirizing our borders. That would deal with their human trafficking income. Peg cartels as "terrorist" organizations & treat them as they would any other "terrorist organizations"

Legalize marijuana nationwide. That would deal with a good chunk of their income.

Press their corrupt Govts to invest in better education for their people.

Those are just off the top. But you have to start somewhere, if nothing is done then the problem will just get worse & keep expanding north.

We are way beyond "putting more locks on the doors". People have got to start changing their thinking.

This is a global problem. It's happening in Europe as well. It isn't just the number of immigrants legal/illegal --- it's a clash of cultures.

There's also "grey flight". Seniors taking their money and retiring in less expensive foreign countries.

And why do we only focus on the southern border? That's racist/cultural. We have a very large open northern border too. We also have very large water access borders.

As I understand it, there's an escalation of drug running by boat. You can't put a fence across the ocean.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: rupertg
#20 Illegal immigrant Canadians are harder to spot. Just ask Joe Arpaio.

Illegal Canadians immigrants are a huge threat!

They must be clinically insane to immigrate to the states! Better catch those mad men

There are illegal Canadians working in the US.

You know, taking jobs from Americans.

But, they're pretty much undetectable. They have white skin.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yeah like 5 jobs lol

Im willing to bet there more illegal Americans living in Canada lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join