It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last day to comment on Net Neutrality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My second attempt to post this failed too. HMMM - I smell a conspiracy.

I put together a post this morning and lost in in limbo....

So this is a quicky with outside links.

Basically, if the new Net Rules (the new Payola - Pay to Play) go into effect content providers such as ATS will have to pay to ensure their subscribers/member can have reliable and speedly access.

So we will have a few options here should this occur: 1) ATS can become a paid member site; 2) ATS can sell even more advertising and tracking or 3) the service (provided not by ATS but by ISPs and Backbones) will degrade. So it's a lose - lose situation here and, I suspect, for many of the places you like to visit on the internet.

You can find a link at the end of this story to complain to the FCC (take the minute it takes to DO IT - it's a non-partisan issue):

www.commondreams.org...

(interesting as I tried to access the link I got "can't connect to server" hope it's actually busy and not being sabotaged.

If someone could post a right leaning link, it would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well that's odd. I can't find any right-wing news outlets covering this. Seems like they'd be all over a chance to shower the FCC with hate like they do the EPA? Particularly the libertarians?

It could be that they're still talking about Benghazi and the level of insanity over illegal immigration the last few weeks has pretty well dominated the mainstream conservative outlets.

I already sent a comment to the FCC. The Internet is now far too important to society to allow ISPs to control the flow of information. Congress should legislate net neutrality immediately. In my opinion, unfettered Internet access constitutes something akin to a civil liberty. There is no communication (conveyance of information) without at least two parties and just as we have First Amendment protection to express ourselves, we should have equally powerful protection to receive any protection information.

People are FLIPPING the hell out over less than 60,000 unaccompanied illegal immigrant minors and meanwhile, a very important battle is being waged and it's getting no attention.

Take the time to send a comment.
edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I can't find any right-wing news outlets covering this. Seems like they'd be all over a chance to shower the FCC with hate like they do the EPA?

This isn't a partisan issue. Try putting your liberal bias away for at least one post and stop being a tool.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The internet is one of the best tools for keeping the PTB in check. The progressive PTB will try and control it while keeping the masses happy and unaware.

The flow of information and free speech is what TPTB are really after.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: theantediluvian

I can't find any right-wing news outlets covering this. Seems like they'd be all over a chance to shower the FCC with hate like they do the EPA?

This isn't a partisan issue. Try putting your liberal bias away for at least one post and stop being a tool.

So you are in favor of "Pay to Play" for internet content providers like ATS. Thank you for your opinion - fascist though it may be or perhaps - Stalinist? Chinese Communist?

No freedom unless you can pay. Brilliant poetry.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
FCC extends net neutrality public comment period

Well, not quite the last day after all. Seems they've been getting quite a few comments from people that are pissed off about it so they've extended the deadline for comments.

Gives us a few more days to voice our opinions. Whether or not they'll listen is another story however.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, it's a tad promising. Thanks for the assist.

top topics

join