It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Edge of Tomorrow" a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Edge of Tomorrow was sort of a syfy, shootemup, war story, groundhog day.
I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruse but he was great in this movie.
This is what Hollywood could be if they weren't so greedy and aesthetically constipated.
This film was disciplined, funny, action packed with a clever script and fantastic concept, even if I did make the all to easy
ground hog day comparison. Great summer action movie that didn't disappointment me like "Dawn of the POTA."

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I thought Edge of Tomorrow was really good. To me there were similarities to The Matrix series, particularly the last one and of course it had the Groundhog Day thing going. Maybe even a touch of Starship Troopers. It's almost had a feel like it could have been adapted from a Philip K. Dick story and of course, his stories have made for some excellent sci-fi movies.
edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I really like this movie. It is very well made. This is one of Tom Cruise's better movies in my opinion. Five Stars!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I frikkin loved it. I hate thate scientologist promoting pos, yet out of the last few movies he did... .I actually enjoyed edge of tomorrow and jack reacher, they have my vote. Although it took me a min to understand the end of E.O.T. I especially loved it when he first went to go meet emily blunt. he rolled out under the apc and squeals like joffrey when tyrion slaps him in game of thrones. great movie. groundhog day on acid......

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Tome Cruise redeemed himself with Oblivion (another great syfy movie) IMO. So that made me check this one out and it did not disappoint!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It was pretty good. I'd give it 4 stars for entertainment.

This is the perfect movie for Tom Cruise haters and admirers alike. If you love Tom Cruise, you get to see him kick alien butt in a fun sci fi adventure. If you hate Tom Cruise, you get the thrill of watching him die over and over and over again. Good fun!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I thought Edge of Tomorrow was really good. To me there were similarities to The Matrix series, particularly the last one and of course it had the Groundhog Day thing going. Maybe even a touch of Starship Troopers. It's almost had a feel like it could have been adapted from a Philip K. Dick story and of course, his stories have made for some excellent sci-fi movies.

It was actually based on a manga by the name of All You Need Is Kill. No idea if the manga is better than the movie, but frankly, I was a little underwhelmed by the film. These Tom Cruise movies are starting to feel like carbon copies.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
Tome Cruise redeemed himself with Oblivion (another great syfy movie) IMO. So that made me check this one out and it did not disappoint!

Another great example of cinematic cliches. Shall we count its sins?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Alright I see your point, I think the main reason Liked it so much is because I was not sober enough to notice these obvious "sins"
I was entertained and in the end that is all that matters.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Alright I see your point, I think the main reason Liked it so much is because I was not sober enough to notice these obvious "sins"
I was entertained and in the end that is all that matters.

I tend to be much less critical of films than those guys. Unless, of course, it involves M. Night Shyamalan or FOX adapting anime. Screw that. Seriously. Screw. That.
edit on 15-7-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

It was actually based on a manga by the name of All You Need Is Kill. No idea if the manga is better than the movie, but frankly, I was a little underwhelmed by the film. These Tom Cruise movies are starting to feel like carbon copies.

It was actually based on the novel "All You Need is Kill" which is really good. The manga was spawned from the novel, which wasn't nearly as good, in my opinion.

top topics

join