It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Doesnt Exist!! (according to South Park)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut Satan sings a song about being up on Earth. In the song he sings "Without Evil There Can Be No Good, So Its Must Be Good To Be Evil Sometimes". So if its good to be evil since without evil there can be no good, then whenever you are being evil, you are creating good, so that means when you are evil you are actually good, so there is never evil. All there is, is good!

Does that make any sense to anbydoy?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I understand that. If there is no evil, there can be no good. Good is an opposite of evil, and when one half of an opposite pair dissapears, the other half will be normal.

I also saw that episode of South Park.

It also had another message, that people want a relationship based on communication, not sex. If you saw it you know what I'm talking about

[edit on 12/2/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It wasnt an episode...it was the movie! Damn good movie at that.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I understand it... I think. Without evil good cannot exist. That is weird.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, you can look at it this way...

Cold doesn't exist. Cold is just a lack of heat. You can't produce cold, you can only remove heat. So, maybe evil is the lack of good. You can't produce evil, you can only remove good.

Something like that.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
yeah, i get it. its also in about 10,000 batman episodes. one of the bad guys, usually riddler, starts to win, then gets distraught when he realizes hes got no life without batman. but yeah, it makes sense. in Utopia theyre needs to be the evil within society because without evil there is no definition of good. there is no cold without heat, and not heat without cold. you often need the opposite to define the one, and the one to define the opposite.

which is why its going to be very hard to find a monopole

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
hey check out this , it's about a girl who because of some genetic disease, cannot feel pain. So she could crack her head open and think she is fine. it's an interesting subject matter.

abclocal.go.com...

think about this , when it comes to "good" and "evil" they basically define each other as much as they define themselves. it's about contrast bringing out what is truly different.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
abclocal.go.com...

i remember that article, but i totally missed the connection. was there one?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
yeah, i get it. its also in about 10,000 batman episodes. one of the bad guys, usually riddler, starts to win, then gets distraught when he realizes hes got no life without batman. but yeah, it makes sense. in Utopia theyre needs to be the evil within society because without evil there is no definition of good. there is no cold without heat, and not heat without cold. you often need the opposite to define the one, and the one to define the opposite.

which is why its going to be very hard to find a monopole

You kinda missed my point about hot and cold. They aren't opposites at all. When you measure temprature in say, the air, you measure how much heat it has, you don't measure how much cold it has. Your fridge or air conditioner doesn't produce cold, it removes heat. Cold is the lack of heat but, heat is not the lack of cold. You never measure the amount of cold, only the amount of heat. Something is cold because it lacks heat but, it isn't hot because it lacks cold.

[edit on 12/2/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself....

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
abclocal.go.com...

Hehe, yeah i didn't state the connection, i guess since i'm on the spot , the connection is without pain , how can this little girl understand actual pleasure. this little girl Still feels Pleasurable things , its' just that without Pain(negative,bad however you might take it) Pleasure loses personal definition and dimension. all she see's things as is Degree's of pleasure , and nothingness. their are lessons to be learned from polar opposites. but lacking one doesnt neccassarily nullify the other. it just defines it more.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by bordnlazy]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Without duality nothing exists because there is nothing that is not itself by which to define it's existence. Get it!?!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
You kinda missed my point about hot and cold. They aren't opposites at all. When you measure temprature in say, the air, you measure how much heat it has, you don't measure how much cold it has. Your fridge or air conditioner doesn't produce cold, it removes heat. Cold is the lack of heat but, heat is not the lack of cold. You never measure the amount of cold, only the amount of heat. Something is cold because it lacks heat but, it isn't hot because it lacks cold.

ah yes, well, that i know (currently enrolled in:ap chem, ap physics, physical chemistry).

actually, YOU missed my point. you can easily measure the heat of an object, we can all do that. you cant call it hot, though, unless you have cold. you cant call something good unless there is an evil to be juxtaposed with it. im talking about defining the words, what they mean, not using them.

with the girl, though, its more muddled, theres more of a gray area. no pain, but she lives in neutrality until she feels pleasure. you can notice that difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

[edit on 12/2/04 by NotTooHappy]

when cold is the lack of heat, then heat is the opposite of cold.

when we only measure the amount of heat, then we start from the assumption that there is an original condition, and we suppose that condition to be cold.

maybe we measure the condition of the thing we call temperature of a certain thing?

dreamlandmafia, when we say there is never evil, then there is never good.

dualism, a thing of the mind?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well the point i was trying to make about the little girl was that Pain and pleasure are two different things(unless you take into consideration when pain is pleasureble and when pleasure becomes painful), they just happen to be viewed to be on opposite points of on imaginary scale.

Now the hot and cold analogy only is true if "evil" is the absence of "good" which in my opnion it is not.(well not all the time),

Thus there can be good without evil, but without evil to give it actual distinction it would lose a certain level of being, or a dimension that it gains from having having some sort of opposite to compare it to.

i would go on , but my head hurts

top topics

join