It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Jobeycool

John 3;16 pretty much sums it up."For God So loved the world ,That He gave His only Begotten Son,,that whomsoever believeth in Him Shall not perish but have everlastiing life."

John 14:6 6 Jesus also said , “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Where do you get a triune God from either of those verses?

in both cases Jesus points to His Father

Doggone it!

I gave him a star for just that part of the post, then he changed it to include that nonsensical bit about a "trinity being common sense if you read the bible", without specifying what biblical grounds he believes that on.

I want my star back.

I think I should go to bed now. This circular stuff is starting to make my head hurt and my eyes bleary.

edit on 2014/7/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Most people who are even remotely familiar with Biblical stories do not believe that Jesus is God. When Jesus asked his Father to not let him be crucified unless it was absolutely necessary, Jesus was NOT talking to himself!
cwm

Something that puzzles me is why it turned out to be "absolutely necessary". An all-powerful entity does not need to take lives or sacrifice them to create miracles. No one died to make the earth, no one died to make the light, but someone has to die to for god to fix his own mistake. Not exactly what I call omnipotent.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Beats me, I never read that Jesus said he was god in the bible either. He was a Messiah, one who could link with god.

But we can leave people believe he was, it doesn't bother me what they think. Jesus sure sounded like a good guy, I wouldn't have minded meeting him. Except I don't like wine, or grape juice. Maybe I could have a strawberry drink instead. Tequila Rose.

Probably a miss understanding of the phrase one with god. Everybody has more or less a connection to god. The question is how far are we willing to work on that connection. I would also like to meet Jesus, Buddha, Nanak and Rumi or anyone else unnamed that have that level of connection. Could learn a lot of things from them.

Would be nice if people could learn the manifestation healing techniques Jesus knew. Reiki is ok but I have a feeling it is a bit low efficiency compared to Jesus. I wonder what they really knew in ancient Egypt also.

I will probably order something with loads of sugar as beer and wine do not go well with this body. Energy drink is my poison.

edit on 15-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Something with bull semen in it?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dodol

If they were trying to feed a lot of people with a little food and some of the people there brought food. they may have actually added to the baskets to share if they were enlightened. That is a very possible tale of the bread and fishes. Remember that Jesus actually accentuated providing for the poor.

Look at the potlucks in churches after the service. Sometimes there is a feast yet the church provides little of it. This sharing of food is a miracle itself. The collection of money by the Catholic Church was originally designed to help their congregation make it through times where there was little food available. Most Churches organized this till they started competing with each other to build bigger and more extravagant church buildings to attract more people with money and prestige, something Jesus would not approve of.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

It appears that

IF you are to be enlightened on Jesus The Christ being part of the Triune God, that His Holy Spirit will have to do the enlightening.

I don't think I can even scratch the surface of your rather convinced perspective.

When Jesus declared that He and The Father were One, He meant it . . . and it was an emphatically true statement.

Finite man may not understand the full breadth and depth of that statement. Nevertheless, it is robustly true.

You also don't have to believe 1 John 1:1 on the matter . . . that disbelief in 1 John 1:1 does NOT in the least render it inoperative, however.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

If they had coffee there in the time of Jesus. they wouldn't have been drinking wine. Coffee shops would have been all over the place. Maybe they did have coffee, maybe those ancient pictures of a light bulb were actually a coffee pot.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1
The Universe is holographic,each part contains the whole,all are God,all are Christ,the difference is Jesus knew it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

If they had coffee there in the time of Jesus. they wouldn't have been drinking wine. Coffee shops would have been all over the place. Maybe they did have coffee, maybe those ancient pictures of a light bulb were actually a coffee pot.

I imagine it was the equivalent of tea.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

Because people have free thinking yet haven't got free defenses against manipulation so their thinking is easily manipulated.

Why do people think what they do?

The environment in which they learn dictates how one thinks, do we know where we are or are we manipulated to think we know where we are?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
People think Jesus was God because that's what they were (and are) told, and the whole thing is heavily dependent on believing what you are told.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

When Jesus declared that He and The Father were One, He meant it . . . and it was an emphatically true statement.

Finite man may not understand the full breadth and depth of that statement. Nevertheless, it is robustly true.

And you're...what? Infinite man?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If this is one of the other fundamentalist religions always attacking on Christian understandings, say Islam, because they have a vastly altered from of Yeshua/Jesus, then its necessary to understand that their book doesnt have the full picture, its the altered one.

Lets pretend that this was a literal story as many do, (when its truly metaphors and gnostic), in the literal you can't ignore what Christ said, first of all, then treat one part of the new testament and try to cancel out another. You can, certainly can choose a pathway if there are some contradictory ones, but to ask why others don't focus on the scriptures you like, and uphold others is ridiculous.

Jesus said, "I and my father are one and the same!" And that is just 1 example. You can ignore it, but questioning why others don't is silly, they don't have to.

There are many denomiations, different slants, even essene and gnostic Christians. There is bound to be a path that fits the frequency of the beholder, but there will never be one. For one slant ignores the other passages and no one has that authority to redefine the bible their way, unless they're a tyrant, and we tend to tar and feather tyrants and roll them out of town. I added that due to this concept within NWO that Chrislam is being designed, and that maybe these threads are in the category that we're going to allow tyranny to destroy freedom, when no such thing is ever going to be pulled off on earth.

Christians are not Muslims and don't agree with their book, nor are they Jews, they're Christian and the fundamental tenants of the Christian religion based on scripture is that Christ is God. The trinity is also scriptural but not all Church's agree, some do, some don't. But even in the gnostic, Father/Mother/Son exists.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: occuluinunc

Read 'The Case For Christ' by Lee Strobel. He was a 'spiritual skeptic' until he started investigating and writing this book which presents evidence of why Jesus was/is God.

Lee Strobel is a snake oil salesman.

No, don't read him.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Gotta disagree here.

Regardless of his flaws as a human being . . . which are probably arguable depending on who's making such claims from whatever perspective far, or near . . .

his research and arguments are solid stuff.

Folks can make up their own minds on examining his evidence and arguments.

I understand that your biases prevent you from giving such arguments much of a chance at all, regardless.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Jobeycool

John 3;16 pretty much sums it up."For God So loved the world ,That He gave His only Begotten Son,,that whomsoever believeth in Him Shall not perish but have everlastiing life."

John 14:6 6 Jesus also said , “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Where do you get a triune God from either of those verses?

in both cases Jesus points to His Father
So if you don't know the Father you don't know Jesus.If you don't know Jesus you don't know the Father.The Fathers will was for you to accept who Jesus was.Jesus's will was for you to accept Jesus's will from the Father.SO Jesus taught what the Ftaher wnated You to do.Which is to accept Jesus as he is and what He taught.Why you have the new testament of Christ.Sorry I messed up the quote box.

In both cases Jesus says you cannot know the Father unless you know the Son as well, or accept what the Son has done from the Will of The Father.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
a reply to: Akragon

No he actually agrees with it. Again, read John Chapter 14 verses 5 to 14.

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

They have seen Him because Jesus was begot in the image of God, therefore if you seen Jesus, you seen an image of the Father also.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Last time I checked, he just called himself the Messiah, the King of the Jews, and the one to fulfill the laws. In fact, he never claimed to be one. Also, he is of Jewish background, so he'd be making himself an Idol. Which goes against the 10 commandments, which are Jewish.

I wonder if he'd claim to be the Son of God like the Christians believe , or the Son of Man, which Judaism believe him to be a prophet, not a messiah? Can't be both.

Ever notice how its sick mind game? Ether it meant to deliberately confuse, or this ancients way of critical thinking....Which never worked.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

It is not written "One and the same" it is written "I and My Father are One"

Does two entities mean one literal being, or does it have a certain other connotation to it and thus figurative?

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? So they are no longer two but one flesh.

Now, does this mean my husband and I are literally the exact same flesh now that we are married? No, its has a certain other connotation to it, that is beyond the literal and is very much figurative.

2 beings, being one, or becoming one, is therefore not literal, but figurative. To take it literally, is to misunderstand completely. Jesus and His Father (in Heaven) are one in the figurative, meaning, of one mind. Nothing Jesus does is of Himself, but of God.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join