It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do peole think that Jesus was god?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Jesus never in the bible said he was god. He always claimed to be the son of god. If the had claimed to be god gov would have killed him much sooner. The Jews would not have had to beg to have him executed. Where did this come from? The church not the bible? Remember the bible says that god said not to worship any before him. Isn't this against the bible? I don't know for sure if this is a conspiracy, but some group propagated this for some intent.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

You just opened the biggest can of ATS worms imaginable. Should be worth a few flags and stars.

Welcome to ATS!

To many inconsistencies in the Bible for me to even address the OP. Not enough information either.

I guess we just have to take it on faith. With the current state of affairs on planet Earth....Iv'e just about lost all the faith I had.

edit on 14-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Most people who are even remotely familiar with Biblical stories do not believe that Jesus is God. When Jesus asked his Father to not let him be crucified unless it was absolutely necessary, Jesus was NOT talking to himself!
cwm

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Read 'The Case For Christ' by Lee Strobel. He was a 'spiritual skeptic' until he started investigating and writing this book which presents evidence of why Jesus was/is God.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think it's because people are no longer raised with attending church. People (but not everyone of course) just pray and talk to God when they want something, and otherwise ignore Him.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Beats me, I never read that Jesus said he was god in the bible either. He was a Messiah, one who could link with god.

But we can leave people believe he was, it doesn't bother me what they think. Jesus sure sounded like a good guy, I wouldn't have minded meeting him. Except I don't like wine, or grape juice. Maybe I could have a strawberry drink instead. Tequila Rose.

edit on 14-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Because people got the history mixed up. The jesus that appeared 2000 years ago was before his time, he thought he was the one to usher in the judgment, but he found out that he was early, so they stabbed him in the heart, he actually wasn't even crucified. The figure we call jesus is God the Supreme One but that one 2k years ago wasn't the One. History is a cycle within a cycle...
edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

before the beginning there was God and the Word was with God and the Word was God... The Word of God Is none other than Jesus...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm an atheist but I can point out some passages.

"Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!
--John 8:58

And Thomas answered and said unto him, "My Lord and my God."
--John 20:28

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
--Rev. 1:17

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
--Rev. 22:13

For context:

"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Of course there are those who argue that the text in Revelations might not refer to Jesus specifically and therefore would not be proof of divinity.
edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Because parts of the bible outside of Jesus and his words say so I guess.

Philippians 2
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God

It's very explicit in Paul's epistles that Jesus is God/Yahweh, yet Jesus never calls himself God.. Paul authored over half of the NT with 13 epistles, he is the one who twisted Jesus' words IMO.
edit on 7/14/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Rev 1: 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Compared to:

Rev 1: “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18 and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

Then you have the 'Day of the Lord' prophecies.

Rev 6: 12 I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; 13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. 14 The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; 16 and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; 17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

In Mat 24, Jesus connected the return of the Son of Man to the Day of the Lord. Jesus is the Son of Man and therefore the Lord by context.

Matt 24: 29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL
BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 “And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Edit:

To top it off, Jesus called Himself the Son of Man (which offended the High Priest).

Mark 16: 61Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” 62 And Jesus said, “I am; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND
OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN.”

edit on 14-7-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added data

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Because they do not read their bibles, and if they do they read what is called the trinity bible, that has only a couple specially modified scriptures that say things like "he is god" and "the three are one"

This doctrine entered Christianity early on with the creation of the Roman Church
By taking bits from older religions and adding a triune god, they placated those that believed in the other pagan gods, that often included a father mother and son

Also, by giving the people doctrines that only a priest can explain (well its just a mystery my darling)
They keep the power
Why do you think the church fought to no allow the bible to be translated into common languages for so long
Their lies would eventually be laid bare

I hope this gets posted before all the Trinitinarians come here to say
"because my priest tells me so, that's what they taught me in sunday school and if you don't believe it you don't have enough faith"

edit on 14-7-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
double post
edit on 14-7-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Really?

Here a few examples

truly truly i say unto you befor abraham was born I Am

i and the father are one

He who believes in me does not believe in me but in him who sent me. He who beholds me beholds the one who sent me.

You call me teacher and Lord and you are right for I Am.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
He was an AVATAR of God

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Let me give you my understanding of the "christian Trinity"

And understanding of who Jesus was to the Christians.

So they use chapters of John to acknowledge "jesus divine nature"

Firstly .

Secondly you have "God" as being the "god head" supeime numero uno ! Number one .

Then you have the "exstentions" of god . who are "Jesus" and the "holy spirt " so they are in a sense one and the same .
Example : your head controls your hands but without your hands you can't work right ? You need the exstentions of your hands to work.

Now think of Jesus and the holy spirit using this same concept.

Thus the Trinity.

But......

Here is my rebuttle ...
Throughout history god has always appointed prophets to relay messages to people . We only see that change at Christianity. . to me it makes more sense that Jesus was a great prophet because if you think about it, why would "god" create a part of him self to be killed to forgive mankind for sin? When as great as he is , he can just will something and it is ?

Also we are given the grace of repentance for sin.

Besides I don't think people were more wicked in thoes days then they are now.

Geez I can go on forever...

Anyway that's my take.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There is scriptures that are not contained within the bible, that talk of God telling Adam that he will incarnate upon earth as a mortal man.

Have a peek into Ethiopian sources

The forgotten books of Eden is a good place to start

hope this helps

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It honestly doesn't matter if you believe "Christ" was "God" or not, what matters is that one believes in "Christ"...Who leads you to "God".

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A better question might be, how come all the hundreds of 'retired' gods aren't gods anymore, but laughable imposters?

Why is there little praying to Baal, or Apollo, or Neptune, or Zeus? Whatever happened to those fun times when a god would come down, get some maiden pregnant, and all sorts of hilarity would ensue, half-human, half-swan creatures, minotaurs, guys with little wings on their ankles, all sorts of cool stuff.

Frankly, these Johnny-Come-Lately gods are rather boring, and seem to be missing in action for the most part, too. I've noticed precious few prayers coming true these days. That whole 'Peace On Earth, Good Will Towards Men' thing doesn't last past December 26th, if that. Whole busloads of church groups still plunge over cliffs with regularity, although there is the odd 'miracle' when one or two (more worthy? Not wanted in heaven? )are not killed on impact.

Maybe the new Gods are running low on battery power and need a recharge. Yeah, that's it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
But then he talked to god many times in front of his followers. Said things like father why have you forsaken me? His last day on the cross even
Luke 23:34

And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” it does not appear that he is talking to him self. reply to: theantediluvian

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join