It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Now why would the UN take an interest in an unusually large influx of children migrating from a war torn country? Probably because that's what they do.

They don't care about child slavery happening in the world ... or the sex slave trade. The only reason they'd get involved in the USA is because it's a big black eye for us and because it takes away some of our credibility around the world. It weakens us. Just as Obama seems to want.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,..."

LEGAL immigrants.
And that was a different time period.
We can't afford them all now.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The only thing anyone could possibly get from this is that Obama WANTS the U.N. to have troops in the USA and he WANTS the world to think the USA can't handle it's own borders and he WANTS to embarrass and weaken the USA.

Well he is a sycophant of Alinsky AND a fan of Cloward-Pliven.

The ONE time he told the truth is when he said, "I want to fundamentally transform America."

Seems to be working so far, but is angry others oppose him & the agenda.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: Annee

It's about the UNHCR...and it's also my thread.

Yes, Google is your friend. Anyone can look up facts, which I did.

I saw no point in making it a big deal beyond what I posted.

Go for it!

I just want to know where you get all your bad information from. I can show you where mine comes from. That's the difference between the two of us. You are all talk no material. If you backed up any point you made with corresponding evidence you would have a valid opinion. But you can't so you don't.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

We're not broke. We have plenty of money to help not only our own poor, but immigrants coming across our borders.
As a descendent of so called "WOPS" (without papers) - I find your stance towards "illegal" immigrants disgusting and historically inaccurate.
You are being fed lies by the fear mongering, rich protecting right wing.

We ARE broke. My stance towards illegal immigrants is disgusting ? Because I stand up for our own desperately poor and hungry people who also live in extremely dangerous neighborhoods where children can't even play in their own back yards???? Seriously???

If we had plenty of money to help our poor, that's great but the fact is we aren't helping. People, including children are sleeping on the streets and in tent cities all across the USA. Our shelters are constantly being filled to capacity. Funny how the illegals are catered to and getting the help they need while our own Countrymen cannot. Do you honestly think that a foreigner should come before one's own child? I have always said and will repeat one more time...I have compassion for people all over the world no matter where they are from or what color they are, but we can't possibly save the entire world. If that sounds disgusting to you then something is wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
If we had plenty of money to help our poor, that's great but the fact is we aren't helping.

That is the fact with or without the illegals.

Also, who is we? Do you really have a say in how federal money is spent?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,..."

When I was a child growing up in the 80's - I was taught in a Christian school, that these were the ideals that America was founded on to which we live today.

Strange how we've taken such a turn towards actually believing our borders should be closed off.

Don't you wonder why??? This is in no way the America we once knew. Why would you want to help foreigners when we have desperately poor people right here? We can't afford millions and millions of illegals year after year after year. Too many of our people are un-employed, homeless and hungry, even frightened living in their dangerous neighborhoods. Where is their help while illegals are catered to?

We're not broke. We have plenty of money to help not only our own poor, but immigrants coming across our borders.
As a descendent of so called "WOPS" (without papers) - I find your stance towards "illegal" immigrants disgusting and historically inaccurate.
You are being fed lies by the fear mongering, rich protecting right wing.

We are not broke? We have plenty of money? Are you a politician?

Do you understand deficit spending? Do you understand that we have a debt that exceeds 15 trillion dollars? TRILLION!

You must be a politician and believe that my money is your money to make such a pronouncement. I do not remember signing up to receive illegals in my home to support. I also do not approve of supporting illegals by virtue of the federal govt with my tax dollars. I will vote against any fool who supports spending my tax dollars to support illegals.

Have you volunteered to take in an illegal immigrant into your home to feed and house? I bet my sum total on no. Have you volunteered to take in one of those illegal immigrant children into your home to support? Again, I am all in on NO.

You, sir, are deluded by the "ok to spend my money for anything", hypocritical, wasteful, corrupt, misinformed left wing.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I found this information about how to apply for refugee or asylum status very interesting. You might, too.

People who are given asylum or refugee status are entitled to special legal protections under U.S. immigration laws. If you think you are eligible for these protections (see Nolo's article Asylum or Refugee Status: Who Is Eligible?), you will need to follow the requirements of the asylum or refugee status application process and prove your case to the U.S. government. One key difference between applications for asylum or refugee status is where you apply -- refugees must apply from outside the United States, while people requesting asylum must apply either at a U.S. border (including airports, seaports, and the like) or from within the United States. Here is an overview of the application process for asylum or refugee status.
(bolding is mine)

Asylum or Refugee Status

Notice that where you apply is key.

edit on 16-7-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Now, considering the above method to apply, are thousands doing so as we speak?

What part of our government has the authority to approve such status?

Does the UN have the authorization to do this, and if they do, did they follow our country's laws in the process?

I can think of a dozen other questions as to when and where application might have been made.
edit on 16-7-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Your same source states:

Applying in the U.S. If you successfully make it past a border or entry point and into the United States, you'll have more time to apply for asylum. In fact, you can take up to a year after entering the United States to start the process.

And US Code says:

(a) Authority to apply for asylum
(1) In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225 (b) of this title.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Anyone framing this in a partisan narrative seems to be missing the point, big time.

Under the Bush administration the border was just as porous as it is now. The current criminal in office has continued the human rights nightmare and complete and utter subjugation of a multitude of countries under US foreign policy and so-called free trade agreements. This is certainly a disaster of our own making.

A good article I found on the situation:
www.opednews.com... 151.html

Frances Robles of The New York Times headlined on July 9th, "Fleeing Gangs, Children Head to U.S. Border" and reported:

More than half of the top 50 Central American cities from which children are leaving for the United States are in Honduras. Virtually none of the children have come from Nicaragua, a bordering country that has staggering poverty, but not a pervasive gang culture or a record-breaking murder rate. "Everyone has left," Alan Castellanos, 27, the uncle of Anthony and Kenneth, said in an interview in late May. "How is it that an entire country is being brought to its knees?"

The answer to that question is remarkably clear, and it started actually in 2009.

In that year, a military coup, which was initiated by fewer than a dozen aristocratic or "oligarchic" families of Honduras, overthrew that country's popular and democratically elected progressive President Manuel Zelaya. As the present reporter has previously documented in detail, the then-Secretary-of-State Hillary Clinton immediately after the coup blocked the efforts of virtually all other nations' heads-of-state, they being opposed to the coup; and she also prevailed upon the then-dithering U.S. President Barack Obama to agree to provide crucially needed ongoing U.S. military and financial assistance to the coup-imposed government, for a long-enough period of time so that that government could finally become accepted internationally as the "legitimate government" of Honduras. This legitimation was done by means of the usual rigged "elections," in which the post-coup "interim government" was replaced by a head-of-state whom the voters selected from a pre-screened field of candidates whose every member was approved by the controlling council of oligarchs -- those very same ruling families who had overthrown Zelaya. The names of those families are included in my previous news-report, along with the details of how Clinton, Obama, and all congressional Republicans (then under the guidance of the head of the Heritage Foundation, the former U.S. Senator, Jim DeMint), propped up and sustained Honduras's dictators in power.
edit on 16-7-2014 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The United Nations now in the middle of all this? What a crock! Perhaps this has been the plan all along, "problem, reaction, solution". I'm interested in how this news may tie in to Obamas new alert system dealy where he can address us all now at the flick of one switch to alert us of emergencies....like, what emergencies...a big fubar relevant to this "immigrant crisis" and UN troops in the mix and whoknowswhatallelse? Hmmm. Pushing us toward the North American Union may be one agenda.

There are videos all over the web tonight showing school buses loading and unloading scores of these pitiful "illegals" and they are being supplied with govt. subsidies and what...welfare credit cards and such...they are being bused to Wally World by the droves. No children, just loads of men around late 20's, 30's of age. A lot of countries consider "kids" to be of much older in age than we do here...their culture is that different. I feel sorry for kids anywhere that are suffering but I wonder in this case how many "kids" are really involved and if so, are they being used for various purposes like human trafficking.

We have American kids in dire straights. Not long ago, MSM did a story about our own kids, many living from day to day in shabby motels or out of cars or on the street. Schools here don't help much either....I tried to send the kid on the news being mentioned a laptop but the news never even replied to my email. Video tonight shows employees at Lowes fixing a Vets wheelchair for free because the VA didn't care. The vets chair fell apart in the store and those folks helped. So many stories like that. Help our own I say. Send the UN packing. Their human rights record is far from pristine...just research it and see the horror stories relevant to the UN troops. There is much more to all this illegal invasion crap then meets the eye. Two immigrants where found to have plague. Many are full of disease. Let the UN take all these folks back to the United Nations building overseas and let those fat cats there tend to these folks. We got our own troubles.
edit on 16-7-2014 by shrevegal because: added thought

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We better watch what the left hand is doing while the right hand is busy distracting us.

Refugees must, by law, apply for Refugee status outside the country. There is a legal process and application must be approved by our government.

However----and this is a big difference---asylum seekers are different. All they have to do is get into our country or be here already and they can make application. This process can last as much as one year, sometimes longer.

So, #1 - Our borders MUST be secured now!
#2 - If these illegals have not applied, the UN nor Obama can declare them refugees it seems to me.
#3 - Is a corrupt government and gang violence excuse enough to give half a country asylum in ours?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm sure they will be given the correct form to fill out or will be instructed to mark the right checkbox.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The AMERICAN gorilla takes president here. What will happen if a bunch of people die from a UN mission here?
The troops WOULD be dismembered and the UN would be overrun. Who would save them? THAT is OUR job(time and time again).

HAS anyone got any sort of CLUE how pissed we are? THEN some clowns show up to FIGHT us in our homes? Even the PROG sympathizers wouldn't survive.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

What UN mission?

HAS anyone got any sort of CLUE how pissed we are?

As pissed as the frog in the pot?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join