It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Considering the US has been engaging in a covert 'war' in South and Central American over the past several decades, do you think the people of those countries are just going to sit there generation after generation and let it continue. This influx of refugees may be part of an 'invasion' that has been planned in retaliation for what has been really going on down there. It will be impossible to deport everyone.

An open border with Mexico and a well controlled border further south maybe what is needed to control this 'invasion' of refugees.

***disclaimer: this is just speculation***

edit on 15-7-2014 by jrod because: disclaimer

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

This is a planned collapse. Years in the making. And certainly, I am almost positive that there are people coming from Central America that have anger about what may have happened to their country. All the more reason for them not to be here.

To Annee:

You are simply saying we should bow down and accept the one world government. I have been hearing a lot of that lately in these threads. You don't say it overtly, but if someone reads between the lines you are recommending the takeover of america and it's subjugation to foreign powers. Governments already can't do the jobs they were designed to do......like protecting borders. The last thing they need is to be accountable for 7 billion people. There is going to be a lot of falling through the cracks, a lot of beaurocracy. The world you aspire for I have no desire to live in. This world is run by corporations that hate us and want us dead. And no amount of trade agreements or open borders is going to change that.

ETA....IF you want a list of things the government shouldn't have powers to do.....read every executive order written by every president EVER in america....that would be a start. there are over 11000
edit on 15-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

No offense, bud, but that covert war against Central America is a load of shist. I lived in Central America for 5 years.

There is the usual political crappola, the usual arms sales, the usual murders, killings, grabs for power and I have no doubt that the CIA has been involved from time to time but there is no "covert war" being waged in Central America by the US.

It's more like there is a buttload of corruption in governments (truly) that spawn revolutionary forces who are ... not the best of people fighting for not the best of reasons... The poor and common man get's caught in the middle.

There was more involvement by the CIA in Central America back in the 60s than these days. There is no danger of communism getting a foothold for one thing. Back in the 60s there were whole companies formed by the CIA to conduct business down there and to be in a position to see things that the average CIA operative would not see.

If you live in Central America you will meet CIA operatives. They keep a close eye on Americans...you will have no doubts when you are questioned by an operative who probably writes a report on your activities. They identify themselves as being some flunky for the local Embassy.

edit on 15-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Ah WND we meet again!

Someone might want to this this into the hoax bin now before someone actually falls for their lies.

So, do they still think Obama was born in Kenya? Lol

I doubt this actually happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Cant say I have read many of them, but some of them are just boring definitions of a policy or clarifications of some confusing law passed by Congress. Most often (from what I have read) they are inconsequential boring crappola.

Then you have some which are directives not to enforce specific laws... Those piss me off. Probably piss congress off too lol

From what I understand (have not looked into it further) there are some that virtually are law not enacted by Congress. These are worrisome, if they do exist.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I was referring to the war on Drugs. There are covert operations continually going on in the name of that pipe dream war.

The US/CIA has rigged elections down there.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

To Annee:

You are simply saying we should bow down and accept the one world government.

What I've said is -- it's the natural progression. That hardly sounds like "bow down" to me.

I do believe it is inevitable, because it is the natural progression.

And because I believe it is inevitable, I think time would be better spent on How and Who. How it would function. And Who should be in charge. Of course it would not be a single person.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

You bet, glad I could help out a little. On my journey to find the info I posted earlier I ran across this PDF dated 2012 from the UNHCR titled: Protecting Refugees and the Roll of the UNHCR

There is some interesting reading in there, but most of it is fluff. Of particular note is on page 25:

What happens when governments cannot or will not provide help?

In certain circumstances, when adequate government resources are not available (for example after the sudden arrival of large numbers of uprooted people), UNHCR and other international organizations provide assistance such as legal help, food, tools and shelter, schools and clinics.

Seems to me that if the UNHCR wants the US to classify these folks as 'refugees' then they need to be willing to put their money where there mouth is and promise some assistance with the above areas and the US needs to find the backbone to request it, if not demand it. I think this qualifies as "the sudden arrival of large numbers of uprooted people" and I think most can agree that the US currently does not have 'adequate government resources available'.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

To Annee:

originally posted by: Annee
What I've said is -- it's the natural progression. That hardly sounds like "bow down" to me.

And because I believe it is inevitable, I think time would be better spent on How and Who. How it would function. And Who should be in charge. Of course it would not be a single person.

There is no "natural" progression.

The Global NWO garbage is all done with authoritarian and totalitarian force.

There's no other way to do it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

To Annee:

I do not use the term or think in the terms associated with NWO because it is rooted in conspiracy.

You don't seem to accept legitimate governments, so there's no point in further discussion on the matter.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Ah WND we meet again!

Someone might want to this this into the hoax bin now before someone actually falls for their lies.

So, do they still think Obama was born in Kenya? Lol

I doubt this actually happened.

Yeah
WND likes to make smoke signals from manure

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

To Annee:

I do not use the term or think in the terms associated with NWO because it is rooted in conspiracy.

You don't seem to accept legitimate governments, so there's no point in further discussion on the matter.

Depends on your definition of a "Legitimate" government.

Don't you realize the NWO is partly the worldwide central banking system that has 60 or 70 "Legitimate" governments involved and aligned with the Bank for International Settlements that actually sets policy for all member central banks ?

That certainly isn't a "Natural" progression is it. But it *IS* global and NWO.

No conspiracy of it's existence and influences.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

To Annee:

Depends on your definition of a "Legitimate" government.

Don't you realize the NWO is partly the worldwide central banking system that has 60 or 70 "Legitimate" governments involved and aligned with the Bank for International Settlements that actually sets policy for all member central banks ?

That certainly isn't a "Natural" progression is it. But it *IS* global and NWO.

No conspiracy of it's existence and influences.

Then wouldn't that fit into the How and Who I stated?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

To Annee:

All I've ever said is I want the southern border closed up when it came to this issue. Feel free to check any thread I posted on concerning it. How is someone who wants current law to be upheld not accepting legitimate governments? It's illegitimate governments I dont accept. Governments we don't get to participate in. Governments forced upon us without any sort of a consensus. There is a legal framework for things to happen. You want your one world government.....legally we need to vote it into being. Not keep concocting crisis after crisis trying to break down the current system just to put a new one in place. I'm not really understanding any argument you are attempting to make.

ETA...to the rest of you crying about WND get over it. Just because you don't like the spin a news agency puts on a story doesn't always negate the facts. Everything the article talks about is real and happening and I have linked to the website for the UNHCR where you can read numerous things yourself. If you haven't it is because you are too lazy and choose to remain ignorant of the truth. If you are one of those that chooses to remain ignorant it wouldn't matter what source it came from unless it was some echo chamber of your own personal beliefs that you believe is the only honest source. Get over yourselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Welcome to the 3rd world country of the United States.
They will bring their world with them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

All i've ever said is I want the southern border closed up when it came to this issue.

I live on the border, do you? I've been here 20 years.

It used to be fun to go to Mexico for lunch and shopping. It isn't anymore, because it sucks being treated like a criminal coming back into the US.

The other day, coming back from my dentist, I was held for 20 minutes because my passport picture was taken when I was heavier. They didn't like my drivers license photo either. Nor my voter ID card. You can't argue with them. Anything you say can make you sound suspicious, so you have a stare off until they either let you go or send you to secondary.

If you think nothing is being done on the border, you're wrong.

These are desperate people. They risk everything to come here. They are also inventive finding new ways to enter. Coming in by water seems to be a current favorite. You gonna put a fence across the ocean?

In the first two months of 2014, the Pima County Medical Examiner’s Office in Tucson recovered at least 14 bodies along the border. america.aljazeera.com...

I suppose you could build towers along the border and just shoot them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
Welcome to the 3rd world country of the United States.
They will bring their world with them.

Yes, they do bring their culture with them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It used to be fun to go to Mexico for lunch and shopping. It isn't anymore, because it sucks being treated like a criminal coming back into the US.

I'm assuming you didn't ride back from your dentist on top of a train, hop any fences or swim across any rivers. Of course they hassled you. American citizens gotta get groped just to get on an airplane. American citizens are sleeping under bridges. American citizens get stopped at checkpoints inside the cities they live in, not just at borders. Spare me the rhetoric about how bad these peoples lives are. I'm sure I can find a million people living in sheer misery within our own borders. If the mexican government was doing their job and our government was doing theirs it wouldn't be an issue.

I suppose you could build towers along the border and just shoot them.

American citizens get killed when they break the law. American citizens get killed and injured without breaking the law during normal policing activities. Just arguing with the police can get you maced, beaten, tasered, shot, or arrested. Why should they be any different? If they were subject to the same punishments as me instead of a better life at tax payer expense they wouldn't be flooding our borders.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Just stop the jobs and freebies and they won't be so eager to come here. Cheat sheets have been found telling these illegals to say they are refugees. Maybe some really are, but in one interview of over 200 people they said they came because in their country they heard in the news that if they came here they would not be deported. Many paid a LOT of money to cross over and are not poor. Also, these are not just children. There are plenty of women, some pregnant, teens on the verge of adulthood and men. They have even found gang members coming in and trying to recruit new members. We aren't taking care of our own desperately poor people, we shouldn't be helping foreigners. Too many of our citizens are sleeping on the streets and hungry. Shelters are filled to capacity, food kitchens are in constant need of food. And where is our aid going to? Illegals.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You Americans are Pathetic..!!

All up in arms about a few. errr "refugees", when you "the US", were one of the main protagonists when we here in Australia were pissed at the number of freeloaders disguised as refugees were being detained or turned back.

Guess what, it's your turn now so just get over it..!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join