It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. seeking to intervene in U.S. border crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

UNITED NATIONS – Representatives of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the UNHRC, are “intensely discussing in meetings” the possibility of extending U.N. protection to the thousands of Central Americans crossing the U.S. border with Mexico illegally by defining them as “refugees” who are seeking asylum from political and domestic violence in their home nations, WND has confirmed.

Officials privy to the U.N. discussions have explained to WND it’s “a tricky situation,” because the Central American immigrants are not part of any group the U.N. has designated as victims of political or religious persecution.

A UNHCR official confirmed Monday to WND via email that a 10-nation meeting in Nicaragua of ministers of the interior from the U.S., Mexico and various Central American countries was held Thursday and Friday.

source

So people have been telling me "There's no U.N. troops on U.S. soil" "If they were there we would have seen them" "My husband is in the military and if they were here trust me I would know" .......

I'm starting to believe my worse suspicions are true. Any thought on this? Am I reading too much into this? When they do things they always like to have some sort of legal pretext under which to assert their power. Missions that are supposed to be "humanitarian" often end in bloodshed. The U.N. has a bad track record when it comes to protecting people....even though that is frequently the mission.
edit on 14-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped huge quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

It's creeping in. Very chilling.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

No. No. No. Let's get this straight . . .

The oligarchy staged the 'border crisis'

in order to provide a pretext for the UN to intervene.

There. Corrected.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There won't be any UN troops, this will be a peaceful invasion.

If the "Illegals" are suddenly re-defined as "Refugees", the US will, under it's own signed obligations, have to accept these people and determine their actual status.

Refugees stay, Illegals get sent back. Difficult and extremely expensive to prove.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 14-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: clarification

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Oh trust me I know. I been reading between the lines for a while now. You add this plus that recent article about the North American Union being forged through conflict......and yeah. People better open their eyes.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It seems to me that nearly anybody in South or Central America can be considered a refugee from something terrible. All of Venezuela is a mess, ah, heck, I don't want to go into it, it makes me sad.

So, if Obama is looking for an excuse to have open borders with the world, he now has it. Congratulations, Mr. President. The US was the greatest country in the world, and you have certainly "transformed" it as you promised.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Have the Haitians started building boats again/yet?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Who cares it's the UN whats the worst that can happen? They going to call the US on the US.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Oh there will be troops all right. To deal with the protesters and people trying to plug the border. MIght not necessarily be the U.N. ones.....but this north american union being forged through conflict doesn't sound peaceful.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

Now that's an interesting thought. Suppose they select Russian, Chinese, Saudi. and Ugandan troops. What could we do about it?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Or south and central american troops.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Sorry, I've clarified my original post.

There will be no UN Troops. What the US has to do ?, time will tell.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's a foothold in the u.s. I think the troops you mention are already in Mexico.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And all this time I thought it was going to be "marshal law" but like someone said its going to be a peaceful invasion, the agenda makers are better then I thought... I stand corrected.

OH ! by the way, is the UN going to also help the families with children that die most every day from stray bullets during gang violence from the cartel's that are right here in a lot of our (American) inner city's or IS that just a privilege for every one but American children ???
edit on 14-7-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Oh I'm sure once they set up shop somewhere people in the nearby vicinity will be disarmed. Maybe they end up in Detroit and Chicago too. Couple excuses they could use to try and sneak on in. People are just going to wake up one day and they are there.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
here is a thought if the UN is so concerned, then why are they not going into those countries to deal with the problem? deal with the actual supposed problem, instead of just the byproduct of it?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They are welcome to try, however, the first shot on either side, and it will go from something to help, to something far worse. And the saddest part of it all is that it will ultimately be the children that will suffer.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Kill them when they shoot at us. Be there to be shot at and repel them on contact. They will figure it out.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This situtation is the product of poor US foreign policy.
Now this becomes international problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

U.N. was in guatemala for 10 years. From the end of their civil war till 2004. Bang up job they did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join