It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why trees are even more awesome than you think

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Maybe now we are closer to the clusp so to speak...than in 73'

Do you feel now a more apropriate time for this informations emergance from a personal perspective?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Yes the trees and the rest it seems.

When people say, "It's a jungle out there," they generally mean that the world can be cold and heartless. Yet it turns out that a literal jungle may not be so uncaring after all. A team of Canadian scientists has found that some plants recognize close relatives and help them.

www.pbs.org...
did, in fact, work together to promote the growth of the helpful fungus. And, in turn, that seemed to benefit the plants.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

If you haven't already seen this then I think you'll enjoy it.

It reminds me of the movie The Happening (2008 film) to bad they did such a bad job on the movie the idea was great.

It is a good thing we treat plants well when we cultivate them for food, they get the royal treatment until they are harvested and of course many plants only have parts harvested that are designed to be eaten by mammals.

I was surprised to see this about lettice didn't know this!

Lettuce leaves contain small amounts of opiate-like substance, lactucarium ("lettuce opium"), which is a mild sedative. Our ancestors used lettuce to treat anxiety, insomnia, and neurosis. Lettuce is rich source of antioxidants such as quercetin, caffeic acid, vitamins A and C. It was shown that ethanol extract of lettuce injected subcutaneously, significantly decreased accumulation of lipofuscin pigment granules ("age granules") in brain of mice under accelerated ageing regimen (the mice were administered D-galactose).

www.geochembio.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm so over the top about nature and the likes along with animals I did not need this to push me further. Great post, I'll be researching for hours.

How long do you think it will take for nature/earth to get rid of the parasitic human race...I better look up" human " I'm not sure it applies to us anymore, sorry, thinking out loud.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Great topic!! It really is amazing how interconnected everything is, so much more so than we (like to) think. This totally supports the notion of plants being telepathic and having their own awareness and ways of communicating that we are only just now starting to become aware of. I posted a thread a little bit ago about plants being telepathic and there are some links to some really neat documentaries all along these lines there as well that are worth checking out.
Plants feel pain, are telepathic?

They've done studies that discovered that trees on the outskirts on one side of a forest react quite strongly and measurably in the form of electrical impulses when another tree on the complete opposite side of the forest is being cut down.

It really gives a whole new meaning to the notion of going out and hugging a tree.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is great! I've been thinking about this a lot for the last few years.

Here's another great documentary:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to see a Big Redwood today.

and yes, I confess......

I hugged it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

For everyone saying maybe trees can communicate with us... Ever heard of shamanism?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Watched the video it was awesome. I found the plant that danced to music fascinating and no one nows how or why it does it..

purp..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
I have always thought that nature work through mechanisms of cooperation, not competition and maybe are beginning to see evidence of this.

This sentence is exactly how life works or should work

I'm also looking forward to see more evidence on this!
Love and sharing is in our nature and that here just might prove it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
could it be the fungi passing the carbon and nitrogen around and the trees just steal it it would make sense to a spreading organism to keep it even among the group .maybe us humans could take something from that lol

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Thank you another one to watch will use this as night time viewing again....

purp..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Nature works in mysterious ways.

This does show that we know very little about our own world, including flora and the way it all works and fits together.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

They provide alot of Energy for humans too which is why its a bad idea cutting them all down. After all, we need 'Oxygen' to survive here, the less trees we have the less Oxygen we will have... our Atmosphere would change and in fact is changing and has changed. I bet it says so in certain tests!

With Populations increasing, our breathable air will get worse!
edit on CDTTue, 15 Jul 2014 08:32:23 -05000000003108x123x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I trim and prune trees for a living as an arborist...can't get any closer to nature than that on a daily basis!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Really enjoyed this documentary, thank you for sharing.

I like non-gimmicky documentaries.

Tried watching a Smithsonian one but it was so staged and theatrical that it turned me off. I just like straight forward docs.

Definitely an interesting subject. If reincarnation does wind up existing I want to be a biologist the second time around. LOL

I grew up out in the country and some years ago would take my acoustic guitar and backpack until I found a nice spot. Would sit and play guitar with the trees and wildlife all around and came up with some of my best songs that way.

The city doesn't make me feel as good as the country. I like it in it's own way but there's nothing more magical than a giant oak tree in my opinion. Then again that's pretty much the only giant trees I've had experience in. That forest in the documentary looked super cool.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is a thought. What if the trees get pissed off one day and stop producing oxygen? They are in cahoots with agenda 21!!*sarcasm sarcasm* I have to go out and beg them to forgive us! I for one welcome our new piney overlords.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think the idea is great but I just cannot tolerate the mispronunciation of the plural fungi. Fungus, fungi, not funjie. From a so called expert, that rubs.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien44

www2.merriam-webster.com...
edit on 15-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Kind of of topic I guess but this made me recall a bit from "Conversations with Ogotemmeli" - a study of Dogon religion and ideas by Marcel Griaule. It was mentioned that animals and plants were more perfect than humans - as we're kind of disconnected and not 'complete'.

It's easy to think that animals and plants are in some way more whole than humans in form and function.

I've often heard science suggest that to persist and a species we need to 'mimic nature' as much as possible.

Very cool - but it also makes me think of that dated creepy M. Night Shyamalan movie were the trees around the globe basically start killing off humans in a collective attempt to save themselves from extinction via toxic pollen that just a handful of humans were immune to lol.

Very interesting OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join