It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Buzz explains UFO Moon sighting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hopefully all of these Buzz Aldrin stories coming out now will help put the kibosh on his nonexistent UFO story.

I think SyFy's Moon special needs a disclaimer.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

originally posted by: carewemust
Buzz is the same age as my dear Mother-In-Law. She's suddenly changed a couple of stories that she's been telling for the last 30 years. I think it's age-related. Don't be surprised if he doubles back and returns to the original story.

what original story? The same one as now?

Yes..The current iteration might be claimed as the "original" story after his first recollection claims the title once again for a few years.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
So we go from 40 years of Buzz letting the world think he saw a ufo (because he said so) to just now "clarifying" that it absolutely wasn't alien. What the hell is going on? "Oh did I forget to mention this whole time that we KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE SEEING?" A panel off their OWN spacecraft. I'm not buying this. He's changed his story at someone's request...

Yep, this does certainly sound like damage control, and it's the kind of damage control that sounds pretty obviously of very poor design. It is common fare for what they usually spit out, and sounds contrived by someone who should have got a refund on his/her college tuition.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Buzz is the same age as my dear Mother-In-Law. She's suddenly changed a couple of stories that she's been telling for the last 30 years. I think it's age-related. Don't be surprised if he doubles back and returns to the original story.

that being the case he may soon be changing his name to Buzz Lightyear

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Check it. Buzz sets the record straight here. There was no people on the moon.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So, Buzz, 40 years? It took you long enough.

Uh, the story's been out and clear -- except in the wonderful world of UFOria, since the mid-1970s, sorry you never stumbled across any clues.

Took you long enough. Fair's fair, we can get a laugh at your expense, and move on.

ADD

originally posted by: Urantia1111
So we go from 40 years of Buzz letting the world think he saw a ufo (because he said so) to just now "clarifying" that it absolutely wasn't alien. What the hell is going on?...

Tail-end Charlie, somebody's always the last to get the word, and this time it's you. Maybe this is a learning opportunity to venture outside your comfort zone of websites, once and awhile.
edit on 14-7-2014 by JimOberg because: add another victim

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Whether he did or did not see another craft, one thing is for sure, that man will only ever say what he's TOLD to say. You dont get to be an astronaut unless you DO AS YOUR TOLD!

Is there any evidence you have a clue about this, or is it just the way you imagine it ought to be, to make you feel braver and smarter than the astronauts?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

There IS no "original story" about UFOs, you silly person. Apollo astronauts routinely watched S4B and SLA panels on the coast out to the moon, and astronomers on Earth photographed them through telescopes. I'm sorry the sources of pseudo-information you have chosen, have chosen to withhold that information from you knowing you're incapable of discovering it on your own. How does that make you feel? Mad at me for warning you, or mad at them for suckering you?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

There IS no "original story" about UFOs, you silly person. Apollo astronauts routinely watched S4B and SLA panels on the coast out to the moon, and astronomers on Earth photographed them through telescopes. I'm sorry the sources of pseudo-information you have chosen, have chosen to withhold that information from you knowing you're incapable of discovering it on your own. How does that make you feel? Mad at me for warning you, or mad at them for suckering you?

It could have been as simply as going to Wikipedia.

From Wikipedia:

Detached adapter panel sighting

In 2005, while being interviewed for a documentary titled First on the Moon: The Untold Story, Aldrin told an interviewer that they saw an unidentified flying object. Aldrin told David Morrison, a NASA Astrobiology Institute Senior Scientist, that the documentary cut the crew's conclusion that they were probably seeing one of four detached spacecraft adapter panels. Their S-IVB upper stage was 6,000 miles (9,700 km) away, but the four panels were jettisoned before the S-IVB made its separation maneuver so they would closely follow the Apollo 11 spacecraft until its first midcourse correction.[49] When Aldrin appeared on The Howard Stern Show on August 15, 2007, Stern asked him about the supposed UFO sighting. Aldrin confirmed that there was no such sighting of anything deemed extraterrestrial, and said they were and are "99.9 percent" sure that the object was the detached panel.[50][51][52]

Interviewed by the Science Channel, Aldrin mentioned seeing unidentified objects, and according to Aldrin his words were taken out of context; he asked the Science Channel to clarify to viewers he did not see alien spacecraft, but they refused.[53]

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Need more be said?!

Buzz Aldrin - "Rocket Experience" Prod. Snoop Dogg
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The video didn't play for me. I double-checked URL, matches. If you want to see the video copy and paste: Buzz Aldrin - "Rocket Experience" Prod. Snoop Dogg

at YouTube.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Uggielicious because: To add material.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

No, a scientist would say it's to dangerous. A test pilot would say Faster higher

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
"Do you think man will ever walk on the sun?" Poor Buzz Aldrin.

Whether he did or did not see another craft, one thing is for sure, that man will only ever say what he's TOLD to say. You dont get to be an astronaut unless you DO AS YOUR TOLD!

Your process:
1. Believe the out of context quotes.

2. See and hear the video evidence of what he actually says.

3. Create a conspiracy so you can go back to believing the out of context quotes.

See anything wrong there? You really should do the hardcore believers a favor and move on to a UFO/alien story with a little more fill-in fantasy to it. There's no fantasy here.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Yes of course...but the important question is at who's 'request' and why.

What did Buzz gain, or more likely, not lose...by agreeing with the 'request' to debunk his own 40 year old, often recounted UFO sighting in space?

Does Buzz have a family...by any chance?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Buzz's stpry has not changed one iota.

Here's an article from 2010 discussing an interview from 2005.

www....(nolink)/did-buzz-aldrin-see-a-ufo-on-his-way-to-the-moon/3875

Is the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11 coming up? Is Buzz a shameless self-publicist?

No spaceship other than the one he was sat in.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Why do you think that the NASA austronauts are under threaths to keep silent about UFOs/aliens? There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is true. Both Gordon Cooper (Project Mercury,the first manned space program) and Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14 astronaut and the sixth man to walk on the moon) have spoken openly about their conviction that UFOs excist. Google it if you don't believe me.

Or you could listen to what Edgar Mitchell says (and has been saying for many years).

edit on 15-7-2014 by th2356 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Is there any evidence you have a clue about this, or is it just the way you imagine it ought to be, to make you feel braver and smarter than the astronauts?

Well, as you think its ok to attack me rather than my post-
Didn't YOU work for them too, am I right?
So, its more than likely you spew out only what your told to spew out.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

So by your logic, "they" will tell someone like Jim Oberg what to say, while someone like Edgar Mitchell, who just happens to be a world famous Apollo astronaut, can speek quite freely about UFOs and coverups? "They" can't be very clever, can "they", ahahahahaha.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Well, as you think its ok to attack me rather than my post-
Didn't YOU work for them too, am I right?
So, its more than likely you spew out only what your told to spew out.

That says a lot about you. Who do you work for? Do you only "spew out" what your employer wants you to, or do you have thoughts of your own?

If you know about Jim Oberg's career you will know that he has been quite critical of NASA, for very good reason, and has not been afraid of saying so in public. So far the black helicopters haven't managed to knock him off.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

So by your logic, "they" will tell someone like Jim Oberg what to say, while someone like Edgar Mitchell, who just happens to be a world famous Apollo astronaut, can speek quite freely about UFOs and coverups? "They" can't be very clever, can "they", ahahahahaha.

Maybe some accept the money, while others dont?
Are you just accepting everything they say?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Who do you work for? Do you only "spew out" what your employer wants you to, or do you have thoughts of your own?
Thanks, that was entirely my point

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join