It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney: "Obama Exceeded Constitutional Authority by Use of Executive Power"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

OK. I'm now a Globalist Centrist more then anything. I was a long time Republican who even voted for Bush first term, until the Republicans moved so far Right they left me.

I was in a "no holds barred" political forum during the entire Bush/Republican presidency. So, I've heard it all.

I just can't support the childish, obstructionist behavior of today's Republicans. Trying to slam shut every door to obstruct this presidency from doing its job. Methods that they themselves used (it's OK for us, but not for you).

I don't blame Obama one bit for doing or trying to do whatever he can to make things happen.

How ridiculous and sad it has to be this way

Goodlatte made the claim that the Supreme Court’s “9-0 decision last week was the 13th time the Supreme Court has voted 9-0 that the president has exceeded his constitutional authority.” That’s a stretch, at best. The only decision among the 13 in which the High Court clearly found Obama “had exceeded his constitutional authority” was the case Goodlatte said occurred “last week.” The late June decision in NLRB v. Noel Canning found that Obama had overstepped his authority in making three appointments to the National Labor Relations Board without Senate approval. www.factcheck.org...

But, thanks for responding to my question.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I stopped labeling my politics long ago. In my view, most of the Rs and Ds of today are one in the same.

Plenty of 'childish' behavior to go around...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Of course we all have our difference of opinions.

in this case though I think all parties in Washington need to get it through their heads that the population of the US is not 100% Republican nor 100% Democrat. Both sides pull the same childish stunts.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I guess Cheney haters clearly want to ignore history.

And I suggest starting here.

That is Bullsnip.

And Kucinch KNOWS IT.

en.wikipedia.org...

Congress WROTE the Iraq war resolution so I guess they should impeach themselves.

edit on 15-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

in this case though I think all parties in Washington need to get it through their heads that the population of the US is not 100% Republican nor 100% Democrat. Both sides pull the same childish stunts.

Nothing in recent times has been like this behavior toward Obama.

The extent of the Republican Stonewalling is childish and a disgrace.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I suppose it all comes down to how somebody sees what they see.

1. There's never been a President like Obama has there? With all the scandals and corruption and court actions and whatnot.

2. While the Republican Party on a National scale is Left-of-Center, maybe the sensible Republicans have averted a total collapse.

Different strokes for different folks aye.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You know, you really do sound like a reformed Republican

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I haven't changed all that much.

The Republican Party went extreme Right Wing.

There are many Republicans unhappy with the direction the Official Republican Party has taken.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There's never been a President like Obama has there? With all the scandals and corruption and court actions and whatnot.

What scandals and corruption that hasn't been manufactured by the Right?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Wow, Annee. Long time no see. Welcome back to the fray.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Isn't that viewpoint just a wee bit lazy?

I mean think about that for a moment... What meaningful opposition to Obama would you expect from the left?

edit on 15-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There's never been a President like Obama has there? With all the scandals and corruption and court actions and whatnot.

None at all by Conservatives.

The Obama Administration has done it all by themselves.

They own 100% of the stock.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There are many Republicans unhappy with the direction the Official Republican Party has taken.

Well I was actually being sarcastic, if you couldn't tell.
I find it difficult to believe you were ever a Republican or voted for one such as Bush. But hey, what do I know?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I find it difficult to believe you were ever a Republican or voted for one such as Bush. But hey, what do I know?

I figured you were being sarcastic.

There is a "bit" of a difference between a So CA Republicans and say more traditional Republicans.

A SOCA is more of a social liberal with a live and let live attitude -- but still fiscal conservative.

For one thing I do not support Welfare, at least not cash hand outs. THAT WHICH IS NOT EARNED HAS NO VALUE.

I do support programs, ONLY if the qualifier adheres to standards set down. No "babysitting" adults/teens in a program to better themselves. Do what's expected or get out.

So, hand ups yes, hand outs -- don't even think about it.

Lots of desert out here for tent cities for those not willing to work.

Today I'd be a Centrist -- because Fundamental Right Wingers moved the goal posts.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

Wow, Annee. Long time no see. Welcome back to the fray.

Thank you.

Taken it easy. Trying not to use and abuse

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I figured you were being sarcastic.

There is a "bit" of a difference between a So CA Republicans and say more traditional Republicans.

A SOCA is more of a social liberal with a live and let live attitude -- but still fiscal conservative.

For one thing I do not support Welfare, at least not cash hand outs. THAT WHICH IS NOT EARNED HAS NO VALUE.

I do support programs, ONLY if the qualifier adheres to standards set down. No "babysitting" adults/teens in a program to better themselves. Do what's expected or get out.

So, hand ups yes, hand outs -- don't even think about it.

Lots of desert out here for tent cities for those not willing to work.

Today I'd be a Centrist -- because Fundamental Right Wingers moved the goal posts.
I respect all of that and pretty much have the same stand on those issues. How do you feel about the border issue? Is there justification in criticizing Obama for that debacle?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
He actually has a heart now. Somehowgot at fro t of li e for donor heart?a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I didn't know that, thanks! But it begs another question, who did he shoot on another hunting trip to get the donor?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_
At least this Bozo never claimed to be a constitutional scholar?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I respect all of that and pretty much have the same stand on those issues. How do you feel about the border issue? Is there justification in criticizing Obama for that debacle?

First, I am not going to fault any human being for trying to have a better life. For themselves or family.

This goes way back, long before Obama. There used to be a migrant worker program. Worked great. Everyone was happy. Farmers got their crops harvested, their kids got to go to school (migrant school program), they sent money home to family, and went back home after the harvest season. Then some politician, I think in Texas, used "stealing jobs from Americans" as her platform. She won. Migrant work program shut down. Migrants have no work. Produce rotting in field because farmers couldn't find workers. I know there was/is a guest worker program in the works, but it's difficult to find an unbiased opinion on it. So that's part of the problem.

I'm of the mind "Children should not suffer or be blamed for stupid adults".

I think right now what is happening is correct. House them, keep them safe. I also agree with not allowing politicians and their cameras in. These children don't need to be used for anymore political fodder then they already are. I also agree with Obama about not making this a photo OP.

The Republicans need to knock off their childish stonewalling behavior and work with Obama to come up with a workable solution.

I live on the border. I know first hand how much work and added security, both in man power and procedures has gone into closing the border.

Both Bush and Obama have increased border protection.

I get really tired of the "back porch" whiners that really have no clue, don't really care what the facts are, and offer no solution other then send them back.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

protesting illegal immigrants!

Reality they are protesting against kids, welcome to America! Probably scared the crap out of these kids.

The right shows a new low IMO and outright madness towards kids many are alone here and this is the welcome they receive.

While congress does nothing.

Yet you wanna blame Obama?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join