It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney: "Obama Exceeded Constitutional Authority by Use of Executive Power"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
It's not the size of a nose that counts, it's what's in it.

So, what's in it? Dick doesn't specify how Obama exceeded his authority and I've never heard anyone specify what Obama has done that they find lawless and outside his authority. They throw around words like "executive orders", "lawlessness", "exceeded authority", "Fast and Furious", "obamacare", "IRS" and "Benghazi", but I've honestly never heard the details of what Obama did that deserves his ousting. There's suspicion, rumors and downright untruths, but that's not enough to toss the guy out.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I remember when bipartisan was a good thing and celebrated. Now its vilified. I remember liberal republicans and conservative democrats. Political media has forced extremism on us all, for profit as sensationalism sells.

We are so doomed. United we stand is now just a memory.

It amazes me that we think the ptb are attempting to create a one world government, yet we can't even unite enough to pass a highway bill. It will surly take a alien invasion real of fake to unite us again.
edit on 14-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I remember when bipartisan was a good thing and celebrated. Now its vilified. I remember liberal republicans and conservative democrats. Political media has forced extremism on us all, for profit as sensationalism sells.

We are so doomed. United we stand is now just a memory.

I completely agree with you. I'm afraid we're just along for the ride now.

Just look in this thread.
edit on 14-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Agree completely! Bipartisanship is seen as a sign of "weakness" and giving in. Being in a marriage, I know compromise and give-and-take are essential for a functioning unit. Congress has lost all sight of the good things about working together and getting things done. (Ah - I remember the good old days!) LOL

I honestly don't think it's Obama that makes the current administration so bad. It's the deadlock in Congress. It's the stubbornness and politics in Congress. Neither side is willing to give an inch and they always blame it on the other side. Might as well watch some "housewives" show instead of hope for something positive out of these guys.

Fire them all!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You can thank the GOP and particularly, the spin-master extraordinaire, Frank Luntz. If you are not familiar with the conservative chief of propaganda, I'd suggest reading up on him.

GOP Congressmen Paul Ryan, Eric Cantor, Pete Sessions, Jim DeMint, John Kyl, John Ensign, Tom Coburn, Bob Corker and others attended a strategy meeting with Frank Luntz and Newt Gingrich in 2009.

It first came to light in the mainstream after the release of Robert Draper's book, Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives. It was at this strategy meeting that they laid out a platform of absolute and total obstructionism. The purpose was to ensure that Obama was a one term president and that the GOP would recapture the presidency in 2012.

"You will remember this day," Draper reports Newt Gingrich as saying on the way out. "You’ll remember this as the day the seeds of 2012 were sown."

This is not a secret, as Mitch McConnell said in October of 2010, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

To really get things ramped up, the term RINO was popularized, particularly among the TP set to ensure that anyone who didn't stick to the agenda was seen a secret liberal and not a firm adherent to conservative ideology. Even suggesting that Obama isn't the anti-Christ is tantamount to conservative treason. Ask McCain.

The Newt quote is from this Huffington Post article.

edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's some funny Sh$t. Can I bring buckshot or a muzzle loader instead of bird shot?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Agree completely! Bipartisanship is seen as a sign of "weakness" and giving in. Being in a marriage, I know compromise and give-and-take are essential for a functioning unit. Congress has lost all sight of the good things about working together and getting things done. (Ah - I remember the good old days!) LOL

I honestly don't think it's Obama that makes the current administration so bad. It's the deadlock in Congress. It's the stubbornness and politics in Congress. Neither side is willing to give an inch and they always blame it on the other side. Might as well watch some "housewives" show instead of hope for something positive out of these guys.

Fire them all!

It's not congress it's Obama's unwavering, dye in the wool, justice pawn that's proof he's about as transparent as roofing felt. Sorry but there as bad as the rest of um.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

I have to wonder why were still paying congress, they are not working, they are not accomplishing anything. Oh they are working on tax breaks for the rich, voting to repeal obamacare, and blaming everything bad that happens on the president....

Really anyone believe anything Cheney has to say?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Really anyone believe anything Cheney has to say?

In a word: nope.

In another word: never.

Never. Nope. Not ever.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

This from the guy who used and asserted authorities without any executive powers. Many people may know this but Cheney is historically considered the first every Vice President to serve along side a President and administrate with equal power like a President. He did things outside of his scope and authority everyday as Vice President. He usurped as well as enjoyed support from G. W. Bush until the last year of the second term. They became estranged at that point because Cheney exerted and exceeded his authorities so much that Bush severed there friendship and professional working relationship. Cheney wasn't included in anything the last year of his vice presidency.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Flint2011

Well the PTB were making a global move there. They needed someone on hand every minute to make sure it didn't get screwed up. I think Cheney earned his bonus. Job well done.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's priceless.

Dick missed his true calling...comedian.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
That's priceless.

Dick missed his true calling...comedian.

IDK if that qualifies as "comedy" but it sure is ironic:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
A sad truth. I don't see any way to recover from this mess anytime in the near future until we get a real president who will tell the military industrial complex to buzz off and that (s)he runs the country.

That is, however, what got JFK killed.

And Reagan shot. And he thought he could do what he wanted. Nope.

And what did Reagan/JFK have in common? Bush Sr was involved with both of them.

Let that give you pause if Jeb runs.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe only the MSM listens to this pompous, sneering, self serving twit. All's anyone has to do is look at that sneering, diabolical looking, ugly face of his and those "dead" eyes...the ones with no soul behind them...and they can clearly see him for what he is. At least, one would hope for that to be the case.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just another brainwashing technique to keep the masses divided and asleep. Keep pointing fingers at each other while things continue to get progressively worse from one admin to the the next, year after year. Next, you'll elect a puppet from the other side and the left will once again wake up out of their stupor and the right will tell us all how much better things are.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Franklin D. Roosevelt 3,522
Woodrow Wilson 1,803
Calvin Coolidge 1,203

Harry S. Truman 907
Dwight D. Eisenhower 484
Ronald Reagan 381
Richard Nixon 346

GWB 291
Obama 182

Here is a list of presidents and executive orders Executive orders

And how many of the executive orders issued by these other Presidents violated the Constitution?

Here is the updated list for EO's issued by Obama -

White House - Executive Orders Issued
edit on 15-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The "Darth Vader" of the Bush' amministrations...

It is as if Hitler had said that Gandhi was a war criminal...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddog99
Just another brainwashing technique to keep the masses divided and asleep. Keep pointing fingers at each other while things continue to get progressively worse from one admin to the the next, year after year. Next, you'll elect a puppet from the other side and the left will once again wake up out of their stupor and the right will tell us all how much better things are.

It's beyond that now. Cheney publicly admitted to war crimes and the public nor the news media batted an eye. What makes this comment any more unusual coming from him?

He is for all intents untouchable, #, how many heart surgeries has he had now? Even God can't touch him. If his pacemaker stopped the world would be a better place which leaves me to believe he is under the supreme protection of Satan himself, if he himself isn't Satan.

Whatever freedoms this country once enjoyed is but a distant memory, replaced by Orwellian doublespeak where up is down and right is wrong. We the so called civilized and educated sit in front of the TV with blind stares and dry winks watching the talking heads and than fighting amongst ourselves. At this point whatever options we had are long since gone. They know it while we sit oblivious to this reality. Worse yet they rub it in our faces.

Game, Set, Match. The war for our minds ended before a single shot was fired. Wake up you're asleep at the wheel. Not you personally.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Maybe he's just highlighing these things in an attempt to get the masses riled about it for reasons that are best known to him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join