It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney: "Obama Exceeded Constitutional Authority by Use of Executive Power"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Former Vice President Dick Cheney believes that President Obama has exceeded his executive authorities granted to him by the Constitution of the United States:

“He’s just chosen by himself to set certain parts and provisions aside. I do think he’s exceeded his constitutional authority,” Cheney said, pointing to Obama’s actions to alter or ignore enforcing certain elements of Obamacare.
Source

Well:

I find it hilarious that Cheney continues to flap his pie hole about things that were okay for his (Bush) administration to do.

Below is a link to Congressional Bill "H.Res. 1258" that lists all sorts of abuses of executive powers by the Bush administration:

Impeaching George W. Bush, President of the United States, of high crimes and misdemeanors.

I guess in his eyes it's okay to be critical of other administrations so long as he turns a blind eye to his own administration's abuses of power.

I think he should zip his flapping gums and go whittle away somewhere quietly. And be happy that his administration (for now) has not been prosecuted for their high crimes and misdemeanors, and abuses of power.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In other news Hitler blasts Palestine for anti-jewish behavior.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Even more depressing is the silence this administration gets compared to the last.

There are plenty of hypocrites to go around.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
2 of the worst administrations ever, back to back, doing pretty much the same stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hey, you guys want "peer reviews"? Well this qualifies. Who better to review abuse of power than one who excelled at it?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Mark my words, the next one will be even worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
2 of the worst administrations ever, back to back, doing pretty much the same stuff.

That should tell everyone that others (military industrial complex) are likely pulling the strings.

originally posted by: intrepid
Hey, you guys want "peer reviews"? Well this qualifies. Who better to review abuse of power than one who excelled at it?

Wish I could star your post 1000 times. lol

edit on 14-7-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
For anyone who doesn't agree with Mr. Cheney, I hear there's an open invitation to accompany him on a quail hunt to discuss your differences of opinion.
edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: loamHow could it get worse? Laura Bush/Hillary Clinton 2016?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: loamHow could it get worse? Laura Bush/Hillary Clinton 2016?

Hey now, leave Laura Bush out of this, she's only killed that one person!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Why is anyone giving attention to this creep? If ANYONE practiced "lawlessness", it was him and his puppet, Georgie. They got us into a mess we'll likely never recover from.

That creepy picture scared me.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian Hillary only killed one person too. Peas in a pod.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Franklin D. Roosevelt 3,522
Woodrow Wilson 1,803
Calvin Coolidge 1,203

Harry S. Truman 907
Dwight D. Eisenhower 484
Ronald Reagan 381
Richard Nixon 346

GWB 291
Obama 182

Here is a list of presidents and executive orders Executive orders

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFireIt's not the size of a nose that counts, it's what's in it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It will not matter who the names are as long as the electorate fails to hold its politicians accountable. Each administration will be worse than the last.

This must be how free societies die from within.

Too many are trapped in their dogma, blaming the 'other side', to see how much damage we've caused to the principles that protected everyone the most.

Not much of a surprise, I guess. Like I have often said, in more than 6000 years of human governance, no one has gotten this right. Our brief example proves the rule, not the exception.

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Or Jeb Bush. And he will run. Gotta carry on the Bush-family legacy.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
If ANYONE practiced "lawlessness", it was him and his puppet, Georgie. They got us into a mess we'll likely never recover from.

A sad truth. I don't see any way to recover from this mess anytime in the near future until we get a real president who will tell the military industrial complex to buzz off and that (s)he runs the country.

That is, however, what got JFK killed.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It's not really about how many, but about going around congress or over-stepping the president's authority by using executive orders.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I understand people find irony in this .... however, when do we, as citizens, stop saying "shut up" and start complaining loudly about the abuses of power?

Wrong is wrong - and wrong needs to be challenged. Period. And the wrongs are exceedingly obvious these days. Hell, even "Hitler" is sitting saying "Damn, now that's extreme!"
edit on 14-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: LDragonFire

It's not really about how many, but about going around congress or over-stepping the president's authority by using executive orders.

Funny Obama is doing what you say? But the other presidents didn't?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

Or Jeb Bush. And he will run. Gotta carry on the Bush-family legacy.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
If ANYONE practiced "lawlessness", it was him and his puppet, Georgie. They got us into a mess we'll likely never recover from.

A sad truth. I don't see any way to recover from this mess anytime in the near future until we get a real president who will tell the military industrial complex to buzz off and that (s)he runs the country.

That is, however, what got JFK killed.

And Reagan shot. And he thought he could do what he wanted. Nope.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join