It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Minnesota governor says TV career halted by sniper's claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ex-Minnesota governor says TV career halted by sniper's claims

Seeking damages for defamation, Ventura testified on Friday that he has not been in a fight since he left the Navy decades before the alleged encounter described by former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle in "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," published in early 2012. Ventura, who entered politics after a career as a professional wrestler, said in testimony on Monday his career was thriving until the book's publication but afterward work started to dry up, with a TV show on conspiracy theories that he had hosted for three seasons not being renewed for a fourth. He said his income had been about $1 million a year in the prior decade but that it dropped off after Kyle's book came out. "It came to a screeching halt is the best way I can put it," Ventura said of his entertainment career.

Jesse has every right to sue over the lies that was placed into the book. Kyle made the media circuit on tv and bragged about it so why shouldn't the people getting the royalties be held responsible regardless of Kyle's death. Jesse gave Kyle the chance to go public and admit that it didn't happen but he refused so he should go through with the lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Hmmm!! Interesting. Thanks for posting. I had no idea he was in a legal situation...
defamers - gha. Will this be televised?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well Jesse will probably appreciate your view on the matter. We might be able to hear it straight from the horse mouth since Jesse is a member here.

However with this being a legal matter , I doubt we will hear a response from him, understandably of coarse.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hmmm!! Interesting. Thanks for posting. I had no idea he was in a legal situation...
defamers - gha. Will this be televised?

You can pretty much bet that FOX will be covering it seeing how much free tv time they gave Kyle. That and they pretty much hate Jesse so they will be playing he is suing a poor widow routine.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I believe Jesse...

I was under the impression he was turning down work.

Better hope I'm not on the Jury.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm curious why anyone would believe Jesse's side of the story when he's known for being a loud, boisterous, full-of-crap caricature of himself that does whatever it takes to seek publicity. He loves to say unpopular things just to get people riled up.

The fact that he has continued the case against a dead warrior's family says everything you need to know about Jesse Ventura's character.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Personally knowing of people within both circles, and having spoken to several other Ex-SEALs, Kyle has been proven to be the truthful person of this issue.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Personally knowing of people within both circles, and having spoken to several other Ex-SEALs, Kyle has been proven to be the truthful person of this issue.

So you are saying that the owner of the bar who was with Jesse the whole night and said it never happened is telling a lie? Also many other people who was in the bar said it never happened.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I'm curious why anyone would believe Jesse's side of the story when he's known for being a loud, boisterous, full-of-crap caricature of himself that does whatever it takes to seek publicity. He loves to say unpopular things just to get people riled up.

The fact that he has continued the case against a dead warrior's family says everything you need to know about Jesse Ventura's character.

Just because Kyle is dead is no reason to drop the lawsuit. Why should those other people profit from the book.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Because if somebody called you a child molester and said that you molested their daughter you would fight tooth and nail to have that kind of tarnish from your reputation. Considering the line of work these two were in there is not much of a difference in the molestation/losing a fight claims. It's not his fault that people used his name to bolster their goals but should he not be able to sue? Understand that he is NOT suing the widow; he is suing the estate and those who have profited from lies. Exactly what you would do if I made money by calling you a child molester in one of my books. Would you let it go if I died and you'd have to sue my estate? Or would you still fight it to no longer be called a child molester?

Whether it's the truth or not will be decided by the jury regardless of what you or I believe.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And many other people are saying it did happen.

A bar owner a liar??? Nah, could never happen.

Or someone pushing for a TV show, based around a certain personality, getting knock out might be a huge incentive.

Or, someone wanting to write a sideswipe in a book.

Guess we will see.

I know the people I have spoken to will/have backed Kyle and what he said happened.

Personally, the book didn't identify anyone and it was a poor choice for Kyle to mention who it was.

But, here is what I don't get. How did Jesse's show get cancelled by a comment in a book, that didn't identify him?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I happen to know a scout sniper who was pulled back due to killing too many people. He had such PTSD that had to discharge him medically but hold him for 2 extra years past his ETS.

I also hear stories all the time from soldiers who saw their buddies head explode in front of them. Their buddy saw the muzzle flash from a sniper and they jumped in the way in order to save their friend.

Just because an actual Marine Scout Sniper told me this doesn't make it any less bullsh#t. Some people just embellish themselves. Some people just are outright full of crap. It's all stolen valor and it makes me sad. I know some people who are in elite circles as well and they all have their fisherman stories.

: )

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

But, here is what I don't get. How did Jesse's show get cancelled by a comment in a book, that didn't identify him?

Somehow, I think that'll come up during the trial...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Both of these men are attention seeking propaganda artists. Men like this are not leaders they are the path to the dark side. Kyle loved to glorify death and made his money off death. Jessie is just looking to insight a reaction. How this man was elected is beyond me.

It is so sad people look up to these men. What we need are leaders like Jefferson,Adams,King.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

Fish stories backed up by others. Hmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

This. Include the facts that he's lied about being a SEAL for many years.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Both of these men are attention seeking propaganda artists. Men like this are not leaders they are the path to the dark side. Kyle loved to glorify death and made his money off death. Jessie is just looking to insight a reaction. How this man was elected is beyond me.

It is so sad people look up to these men. What we need are leaders like Jefferson,Adams,King.

Insight a reaction ?

How can suing this widow possibly make him look good ?

Also, the way he got Elected was.... he got more votes than the other guy.
edit on 14-7-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

He went through UDT, which is basically BUDS and SEAL training.

sofrep.com...

I have meant Brandon, and others that will vouch for him. He speaks the truth.

edit on 14-7-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Who knows what really happened? For sure none of us here do. For Ventura, his task is to PROVE that Kyle's book CAUSED his decrease in income. Was his conspiracy show not renewed just because the book came out? Or was the show a ratings failure? Or was there some other reason? Unless Ventura can "prove the book did it," then he doesn't have a case, nor should he.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Numerous trial lawyer advisers state that Ventura's case doesn't look good.

His burden of proof is very intensive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join