It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Say No 'Stand-Down Order' for Benghazi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: BobAthome

Military officers testified that there was no "stand-down order" that held back military assets that could have saved the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans killed at a diplomatic outpost and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya. Their testimony undercut the contention of Republican lawmakers.

The "stand-down" theory centers on a Special Operations team — a detachment leader, a medic, a communications expert and a weapons operator with his foot in a cast — that was stopped from flying from Tripoli to Benghazi after the attacks of Sept. 11-12, 2012, had ended. Instead, it was instructed to help protect and care for those being evacuated from Benghazi and from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli.

The senior military officer who issued the instruction to "remain in place" and the detachment leader who received it said it was the right decision and has been widely mischaracterized. The order was to remain in Tripoli and protect some three dozen embassy personnel rather than fly to Benghazi some 600 miles away after all Americans there would have been evacuated. And the medic is credited with saving the life of an evacuee from the attacks.

And not just the Brass...Here is the guy that the GOP was touting as receiving the "Stand Down" order...

The Special Operations detachment leader's name is omitted from the testimony transcript, but he previously has been identified as Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson. More than a year-and-a-half later, Gibson, who is now a colonel, agreed that staying in Tripoli was the best decision.

"It was not a stand-down order," he testified in March. "It was not, 'Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, 'Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"Initially, I was angry," Gibson said. "A tactical commander doesn't like to have those decisions taken away from him. But then once I digested it a little bit, then I realized, OK, maybe there was something else that was going on. Maybe I'm needed here for something else."

AP NEWS LINK:
abcnews.go.com...

I do find it strange how much airtime misinformation gets...for months...on ATS, and when the truth comes out, silence?

No one feel like they were BSed by the GOP's propaganda directorate?

"No 'Stand-Down Order' It was ""Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

so which is it again,,?? im confused,,or do u mean the exact wording was not "Stand-Down"???

of course it is military so guess im missing something in the translation.

SEE BELOW:

RIGHT OR WRONG, WASN'T THAT AN ORDER TO "STAND DOWN"?

Not according to Losey [who told Gibson to remain in Tripoli] and Gibson [Who was told to remain in Tripoli].

Civilians might say that Losey ordered Gibson to stand down from his race to the scene. But Losey and Gibson say in their military parlance, standing down means ceasing operations.

"It was not a stand-down order," Gibson said. "It was not, `Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, `Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"It was never an order to stand down," Losey said. "It was an order to remain in place and continue to provide your security role in Tripoli."

hosted.ap.org...

It was 4 guys in Tripoli, one with his foot in cast, with side-arms. Their role was to protect Tripoli Embassy personnel. One of them was also a medic, who treated evacuees when they arrived in Tripoli.

Stand down means it OVER...this was a tactical direction to remain in Tripoli during what could have potentially been coordinated attacks at both Libyan embassy's.

"hold that hill" is not a stand down order...it's not "operations over" in military parlance or any other semantics interpretation.

The GOP talking heads chose "Stand Down Order" knowing full well it's meaning, it fit their false narrative and it was a false claim.

so, 4 guys and one of them in a cast were going to protect the main embassy in tripoli?

lol! wow.

if they were that good, they should have been sent to benghazi.

i don't believe any of the crap, like neo says.

there was a friggin huge hole in the wall from the last attack.
hillary thinks she had enough security there?

and speaking of stand down, who lied about the vid for weeks? the GOP?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: BobAthome

Military officers testified that there was no "stand-down order" that held back military assets that could have saved the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans killed at a diplomatic outpost and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya. Their testimony undercut the contention of Republican lawmakers.

The "stand-down" theory centers on a Special Operations team — a detachment leader, a medic, a communications expert and a weapons operator with his foot in a cast — that was stopped from flying from Tripoli to Benghazi after the attacks of Sept. 11-12, 2012, had ended. Instead, it was instructed to help protect and care for those being evacuated from Benghazi and from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli.

The senior military officer who issued the instruction to "remain in place" and the detachment leader who received it said it was the right decision and has been widely mischaracterized. The order was to remain in Tripoli and protect some three dozen embassy personnel rather than fly to Benghazi some 600 miles away after all Americans there would have been evacuated. And the medic is credited with saving the life of an evacuee from the attacks.

And not just the Brass...Here is the guy that the GOP was touting as receiving the "Stand Down" order...

The Special Operations detachment leader's name is omitted from the testimony transcript, but he previously has been identified as Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson. More than a year-and-a-half later, Gibson, who is now a colonel, agreed that staying in Tripoli was the best decision.

"It was not a stand-down order," he testified in March. "It was not, 'Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, 'Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"Initially, I was angry," Gibson said. "A tactical commander doesn't like to have those decisions taken away from him. But then once I digested it a little bit, then I realized, OK, maybe there was something else that was going on. Maybe I'm needed here for something else."

AP NEWS LINK:
abcnews.go.com...

I do find it strange how much airtime misinformation gets...for months...on ATS, and when the truth comes out, silence?

No one feel like they were BSed by the GOP's propaganda directorate?

"No 'Stand-Down Order' It was ""Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

so which is it again,,?? im confused,,or do u mean the exact wording was not "Stand-Down"???

of course it is military so guess im missing something in the translation.

SEE BELOW:

RIGHT OR WRONG, WASN'T THAT AN ORDER TO "STAND DOWN"?

Not according to Losey [who told Gibson to remain in Tripoli] and Gibson [Who was told to remain in Tripoli].

Civilians might say that Losey ordered Gibson to stand down from his race to the scene. But Losey and Gibson say in their military parlance, standing down means ceasing operations.

"It was not a stand-down order," Gibson said. "It was not, `Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, `Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"It was never an order to stand down," Losey said. "It was an order to remain in place and continue to provide your security role in Tripoli."

hosted.ap.org...

It was 4 guys in Tripoli, one with his foot in cast, with side-arms. Their role was to protect Tripoli Embassy personnel. One of them was also a medic, who treated evacuees when they arrived in Tripoli.

Stand down means it OVER...this was a tactical direction to remain in Tripoli during what could have potentially been coordinated attacks at both Libyan embassy's.

"hold that hill" is not a stand down order...it's not "operations over" in military parlance or any other semantics interpretation.

The GOP talking heads chose "Stand Down Order" knowing full well it's meaning, it fit their false narrative and it was a false claim.

so, 4 guys and one of them in a cast were going to protect the main embassy in tripoli?

lol! wow.

if they were that good, they should have been sent to benghazi.

They had moved the personnel to a secondary secure location/compound in Tripoli as a first measure. Defending a location from a prepared position, even with your foot in a cast is easier and a different equation than wading into an ongoing battle in downtown Benghazi. And AGAIN...They would have left the Tripoli Personnel undefended AND a 6 Man Spec Ops team was already on route to Benghazi..AND they would not have arrived in time and would have been ill equipped and likely additions to the death toll. If folks are incapable of understanding that logic at this point, I can't help.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Someone please tell me what the reason there was no backup sent again, cause it seems the reason's have changed 10 ways from Sunday.

You are grossly misinformed. Please read up on it or read this thread with links.

Back-up was sent..Both from the nearby CIA Compound as well as a 6 Man Spec Ops team that arrived and helped with rescue and evacuation. Assets only ceased to be routed once everyone had been evacuated.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If this isn't the biggest bunch of Poppycock I have ever read.

The people on the ground completely dispute this entire thread.

More towing the Administration lies. You should be ashamed.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

If this isn't the biggest bunch of Poppycock I have ever read.

The people on the ground completely dispute this entire thread.

More towing the Administration lies. You should be ashamed.

You appear either grossly ignorant of the outcome or eagerly dishonest?

Perhaps review Darryl Issa's Committees conclusion. It was they who concluded that there was no "Stand Down" order?

You post appears one part completely factually wrong and one part personal attack?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I believe the three men in charge of Security that were told to stand down.

You believe Valerie Jarrett, it was a youtube video that caused this.

Again, your ability to regurgitate the Daily Talking Points is undeniable.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So why didn't anyone go help the US Embassy and US Ambassador and US Citizens that were under attack? That's what we want to know. There are countless military reports of assets that could have been there quickly. What's the difference between refusing to give the order to help and giving a stand down order not to help? The end result is the same.

"there are countless military reports of assets that could have been there quickly"...really??....please show the proof of that, since you seem to have seen them, or is that right-wing BS, too

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I believe ...

Well...again...your Beliefs contradict the conclusions Darryl Issa's investigation, the unamious conclusions both left and right as well as a tonnage of evidence and testimony.

No offense, but in the face of reality itself, your beliefs look false.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

(08-01) 11:42 PDT WASHINGTON -- The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, said Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee.

The panel voted Thursday to declassify the report, the result of two years of investigation by the committee. U.S. intelligence agencies will have to approve making the report public.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given."

www.sfgate.com...

You should take up your complaint with Darryl Issa...It was his committee that started the "stand Down" nonsense and his committee that concluded they were wrong in that accusation.

You would do well to ensure your ignorance is not willful.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is the Annex Security Team....They were told to Stand Down.

Are you calling these brave Americans liars ?

Are you guys still going with the proven liar Valerie Jarrett ?

Wake up

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Here is the Annex Security Team....They were told to Stand Down.

Are you calling these brave Americans liars ?

Interesting...who were they told to stand down by?

From the interview:

Annex Security Team went to the Team Leader and said thumbs up, they we’re ready to go and was told to wait “Hey stand down, we need to wait”

www.breitbart.com...

Is it still a "Stand Down" order when the team itself decides to wait?...Cuz it says "went to the team leader"...not called State for direction or CIA HQ or the Whitehouse?

Let's look closer at this...From Fox rushed transcript:

Second, as I understand what happened in the annex is unquestionably that the guy who was in charge, who I believe you referred to in your book as Bob, the Deputy Chief of Mission, said -- you wanted to go. He was in charge of the compound. He said, No, don't go.

Now, the why of that decision -- it seems to me, and maybe you gentlemen can correct me, it seems to me that when Bob was deciding that situation, it wasn't no, under no circumstances do we not want to help these people. He was making a command judgment call as to what was the highest risk. Now, he may well have been wrong. You gentlemen make I think a very good argument for that. But the argument he was said no, we're just not helping them -- he was making a judgment call about what was the best thing to do was there.

SMITH: The second thing, congressman -- one other thing I got to bring up, and that is the implication that the stand-down order came from D.C. That was investigated and clearly proven not to be the case. The gentleman in question, Bob, the Deputy Chief of Mission, was the one who told these gentlemen not to go. That's not disputed.

SO..it was the team itself ...the security team leader "Bob" at the annex who chose to wait...not DC...Not the Whitehouse..Not State...but hell..."Stand Down" sells books, which is what these guys are trying to do.

Now the above hasn't been disputed by any of these guys...They state in their book that it was their team leader who said "let's wait"...and they went after 30 minutes.

So what are you trying to claim here?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Furthermore...we can ask why the team leader at the Annex waited that half hour?

From The Senate Intelligence report

After the DS agent in the Tactical Operations Center at the Temporary
Mission Facility alerted the Annex security team that
TMF was under attack at
9:40
Two armored vehicles were prepared so the security team could respond
from the Annex. Approximately 20-25 minutes after the first call came into the
Annex that the Temporary Mission Facility was under attack, a security team left
the Annex for the Mission compound. In footage taken from the Annex's security
cameras, the security team can be observed departing the CIA Annex at 10:03 p.m.
Benghazi time.

During the period between approximately 9:40 p.m. and 10:03
p.m. Benghazi time, the Chief of Base and security team members attempted to
secure assistance and heavy weapons (such as .50 caliber truck-mounted machine
guns) from the 17th February Brigade and other militias that had been assisting the
United States. 10 Then, the team drove to the Mission facility and made their way

apps.washingtonpost.com...

So...I ask again...If Joe asks team leader Bob to let him go and he says wait, while he tries to round up transport and weapons...is that a Stand Down Order from the Whitehouse?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yeah it's not like we weren't told that a video no one ever watched, was responsible for this attack. Nah no propaganda there at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Yeah it's not like we weren't told that a video no one ever watched, was responsible for this attack. Nah no propaganda there at all.

Different debate...Off topic trolling

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Quit breaking down every post line by line.

We all know what you are doing.

Surely, you can just reply like everyone else.

Everybody is a troll except you ?

Your parsed out replies are the very definition of a Troll.

You don't believe the people that were there ?

Were you there....That's what you want us to believe ?

You know better than the guys that were told to stand down ?

And please answer like every other person on ATS...I learned that trick in school too.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Quit breaking down every post line by line.

Sorry if it frustrates you that I skip the BS, Baiting, Trolling portions of your posts?

You don't believe the people that were there ?

The people that were there clearly explain in their book and interviews that it WAS NOT anyone apart from their own team (team leader Bob) that delayed them going to assist...NOT WH, DC, STATE or HIGHER UPS...

Apparently. YOU don't believe them?

That or you are taking what they are saying and twisting it/ignoring the facts to meet your false claim?

Cuz...the truth is right there in their words, Issa's words...transcripts, reports et al.

What are you missing? Aside from a sense of honesty?
edit on 18-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You didn't watch the video.

Bob, got off the phone, looked at them and told them to stand down.

You are the most dishonest person on ATS.

Who was on the phone....His wife ?

Don't worry I am here for you now. I will help you fix your dishonest ways. Every single day.

edit on 18-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Bob, got off the phone, looked at them and told them to stand down.

Who was on the phone....His wife ?

No..Likely the 17th February Brigade?...

You do know that Issa and crew got full phone records, testimony and transcripts..

During the period between approximately 9:40 p.m. and 10:03 p.m. Benghazi time, the Chief of Base and security team members attempted to secure assistance and heavy weapons (such as .50 caliber truck-mounted machine guns) from the 17th February Brigade and other militias that had been assisting the United States. 10 Then, the team drove to the Mission facility and made their way

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Like the 17 February Brigade told our guys to stand down.

I still have hope for you though...You just have had bad influences.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Like the 17 February Brigade told our guys to stand down.

I still have hope for you though...You just have had bad influences.

No, Bob, the team leader told them to "wait, just stand down" while he tried to round up transport and heavy arms..

I have lost hope for you...You now are disputing the very sources you just provided, the Annex Security Team Members..You are also disputing Daryll Issa's own conclusions and the testimony of the 100 or so folks they interviewed.

Not interested in this kind of dishonesty...seriously...you are just changing stories and making stuff up on the fly. I have provided transcripts, links, reports...you provided video snippits and claim things that aren't there.

Kind of gross...but I know there are folks out there with dark and sticky things where most people's self-respect resides.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join