page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: BobAthome

Military officers testified that there was no "stand-down order" that held back military assets that could have saved the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans killed at a diplomatic outpost and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya. Their testimony undercut the contention of Republican lawmakers.

The "stand-down" theory centers on a Special Operations team — a detachment leader, a medic, a communications expert and a weapons operator with his foot in a cast — that was stopped from flying from Tripoli to Benghazi after the attacks of Sept. 11-12, 2012, had ended. Instead, it was instructed to help protect and care for those being evacuated from Benghazi and from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli.

The senior military officer who issued the instruction to "remain in place" and the detachment leader who received it said it was the right decision and has been widely mischaracterized. The order was to remain in Tripoli and protect some three dozen embassy personnel rather than fly to Benghazi some 600 miles away after all Americans there would have been evacuated. And the medic is credited with saving the life of an evacuee from the attacks.

And not just the Brass...Here is the guy that the GOP was touting as receiving the "Stand Down" order...

The Special Operations detachment leader's name is omitted from the testimony transcript, but he previously has been identified as Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson. More than a year-and-a-half later, Gibson, who is now a colonel, agreed that staying in Tripoli was the best decision.

"It was not a stand-down order," he testified in March. "It was not, 'Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, 'Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"Initially, I was angry," Gibson said. "A tactical commander doesn't like to have those decisions taken away from him. But then once I digested it a little bit, then I realized, OK, maybe there was something else that was going on. Maybe I'm needed here for something else."

AP NEWS LINK:
abcnews.go.com...

I do find it strange how much airtime misinformation gets...for months...on ATS, and when the truth comes out, silence?

No one feel like they were BSed by the GOP's propaganda directorate?

"No 'Stand-Down Order' It was ""Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

so which is it again,,?? im confused,,or do u mean the exact wording was not "Stand-Down"???

of course it is military so guess im missing something in the translation.

SEE BELOW:

RIGHT OR WRONG, WASN'T THAT AN ORDER TO "STAND DOWN"?

Not according to Losey [who told Gibson to remain in Tripoli] and Gibson [Who was told to remain in Tripoli].

Civilians might say that Losey ordered Gibson to stand down from his race to the scene. But Losey and Gibson say in their military parlance, standing down means ceasing operations.

"It was not a stand-down order," Gibson said. "It was not, `Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, `Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"It was never an order to stand down," Losey said. "It was an order to remain in place and continue to provide your security role in Tripoli."

hosted.ap.org...

It was 4 guys in Tripoli, one with his foot in cast, with side-arms. Their role was to protect Tripoli Embassy personnel. One of them was also a medic, who treated evacuees when they arrived in Tripoli.

Stand down means it OVER...this was a tactical direction to remain in Tripoli during what could have potentially been coordinated attacks at both Libyan embassy's.

"hold that hill" is not a stand down order...it's not "operations over" in military parlance or any other semantics interpretation.

The GOP talking heads chose "Stand Down Order" knowing full well it's meaning, it fit their false narrative and it was a false claim.

so, 4 guys and one of them in a cast were going to protect the main embassy in tripoli?

lol! wow.

if they were that good, they should have been sent to benghazi.

i don't believe any of the crap, like neo says.

there was a friggin huge hole in the wall from the last attack.
hillary thinks she had enough security there?

and speaking of stand down, who lied about the vid for weeks? the GOP?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: BobAthome

Military officers testified that there was no "stand-down order" that held back military assets that could have saved the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans killed at a diplomatic outpost and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya. Their testimony undercut the contention of Republican lawmakers.

The "stand-down" theory centers on a Special Operations team — a detachment leader, a medic, a communications expert and a weapons operator with his foot in a cast — that was stopped from flying from Tripoli to Benghazi after the attacks of Sept. 11-12, 2012, had ended. Instead, it was instructed to help protect and care for those being evacuated from Benghazi and from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli.

The senior military officer who issued the instruction to "remain in place" and the detachment leader who received it said it was the right decision and has been widely mischaracterized. The order was to remain in Tripoli and protect some three dozen embassy personnel rather than fly to Benghazi some 600 miles away after all Americans there would have been evacuated. And the medic is credited with saving the life of an evacuee from the attacks.

And not just the Brass...Here is the guy that the GOP was touting as receiving the "Stand Down" order...

The Special Operations detachment leader's name is omitted from the testimony transcript, but he previously has been identified as Lt. Col. S.E. Gibson. More than a year-and-a-half later, Gibson, who is now a colonel, agreed that staying in Tripoli was the best decision.

"It was not a stand-down order," he testified in March. "It was not, 'Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, 'Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"Initially, I was angry," Gibson said. "A tactical commander doesn't like to have those decisions taken away from him. But then once I digested it a little bit, then I realized, OK, maybe there was something else that was going on. Maybe I'm needed here for something else."

AP NEWS LINK:
abcnews.go.com...

I do find it strange how much airtime misinformation gets...for months...on ATS, and when the truth comes out, silence?

No one feel like they were BSed by the GOP's propaganda directorate?

"No 'Stand-Down Order' It was ""Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

so which is it again,,?? im confused,,or do u mean the exact wording was not "Stand-Down"???

of course it is military so guess im missing something in the translation.

SEE BELOW:

RIGHT OR WRONG, WASN'T THAT AN ORDER TO "STAND DOWN"?

Not according to Losey [who told Gibson to remain in Tripoli] and Gibson [Who was told to remain in Tripoli].

Civilians might say that Losey ordered Gibson to stand down from his race to the scene. But Losey and Gibson say in their military parlance, standing down means ceasing operations.

"It was not a stand-down order," Gibson said. "It was not, `Hey, time for everybody to go to bed.' It was, you know, `Don't go. Don't get on that plane. Remain in place.'"

"It was never an order to stand down," Losey said. "It was an order to remain in place and continue to provide your security role in Tripoli."

hosted.ap.org...

It was 4 guys in Tripoli, one with his foot in cast, with side-arms. Their role was to protect Tripoli Embassy personnel. One of them was also a medic, who treated evacuees when they arrived in Tripoli.

Stand down means it OVER...this was a tactical direction to remain in Tripoli during what could have potentially been coordinated attacks at both Libyan embassy's.

"hold that hill" is not a stand down order...it's not "operations over" in military parlance or any other semantics interpretation.

The GOP talking heads chose "Stand Down Order" knowing full well it's meaning, it fit their false narrative and it was a false claim.

so, 4 guys and one of them in a cast were going to protect the main embassy in tripoli?

lol! wow.

if they were that good, they should have been sent to benghazi.

They had moved the personnel to a secondary secure location/compound in Tripoli as a first measure. Defending a location from a prepared position, even with your foot in a cast is easier and a different equation than wading into an ongoing battle in downtown Benghazi. And AGAIN...They would have left the Tripoli Personnel undefended AND a 6 Man Spec Ops team was already on route to Benghazi..AND they would not have arrived in time and would have been ill equipped and likely additions to the death toll. If folks are incapable of understanding that logic at this point, I can't help.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Someone please tell me what the reason there was no backup sent again, cause it seems the reason's have changed 10 ways from Sunday.

You are grossly misinformed. Please read up on it or read this thread with links.

Back-up was sent..Both from the nearby CIA Compound as well as a 6 Man Spec Ops team that arrived and helped with rescue and evacuation. Assets only ceased to be routed once everyone had been evacuated.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join