It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Say No 'Stand-Down Order' for Benghazi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: Indigo5

ok following a 24 hour timeline from the White House live while its happening,, my first question:

"An Air Force C-17 transport plane flew the Benghazi evacuees from Tripoli to Germany the night of Sept. 12, about 24 hours after the attacks began."

24 hours after the attacks began."
24 hours later ,,really??

and why could jets not provide air cover for these "C-17 transport plane" too fast??

Since the Obama administration removed the MEU from the Med, our rapid response capability in the region was greatly reduced.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A stand down is a complete cease in operations. Technically, there was no stand down order given because they did not cease conducting their assigned operations.

However, he was order to not go. Technically not a stand down order, but an order nonetheless.

A game of semantics is what it has come down to...

a reply to: NavyDoc

Wait, wait, wait, the 22nd, 24th and 26th MEUs don't go anywhere near there anymore? For the record, served on the 31st and 11th MEUs, only talked to buddies about East Coast MEUs.

edit on 14/7/2014 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Reply to NavyDoc

edit on 14/7/2014 by Echo3Foxtrot because: ETA information to reply to NavyDoc

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

MEU from the Med

ok,, myself as a Canadian have a problem understanding the forward thinking here.

During Viet Nam there was a proud Unit which excelled as no other Unit in the annals of warfair history.

that was the mash units,,
a proud Stature,not vain but earned,
Honorable, too the last drop of plasma,
Courageous, cannot be seen,,but found in the heart of every soldier,,

u dont take your Medics away till everyone is gone.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

I believe he was talking about a cease in operations for the Marine Expeditionary Units within the Mediterranean Sea.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot

I believe he was talking about a cease in operations for the Marine Expeditionary Units within the Mediterranean Sea.

so then i will ask why 24 hours too get medi vac help?,,

i know they sent a big old transportplane, 24 hrs later,, and the White House was watching,, and sorry,,
seems longer i guess when a person is wounded.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

A Marine Expeditionary Unit is supposed to be always ready. Tip of the spear. I believe it was like 7-12 hours from initial call for aide that the MEU has to react and get to their destination with some support before the rest of the SG can land and bring the full unit.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The attack went on for HOURS.

Any number of assets could have been moved in.

They weren't.

Stevens and Company were pretty much left for dead.

You're ignorant of what happened. Read up on it.

There were two large attacks, separated by several hours. The two initial deaths (Stevens and Smith) died within about 30 minutes of the first attack starting, from smoke inhalation. Survivors were transported to the CIA compound. There was a long pause in any fighting. Then, a second attack killed the two security men with mortar fire in the opening moments of that attack.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: neo96
The attack went on for HOURS.

Any number of assets could have been moved in.

They weren't.

Stevens and Company were pretty much left for dead.

You're ignorant of what happened. Read up on it.

There were two large attacks, separated by several hours. The two initial deaths (Stevens and Smith) died within about 30 minutes of the first attack starting, from smoke inhalation. Survivors were transported to the CIA compound. There was a long pause in any fighting. Then, a second attack killed the two security men with mortar fire in the opening moments of that attack.

u say that "separated by several hours,, and the guy above says,,

"Tip of the spear. I believe it was like 7-12 hours from initial call "

soo once again,, just a medical evacuation ,,why 24 hours too get medical support??

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Yeah someone is 'ignorant'.

Then there was MORE than enough time to move assets in theatre.

There were two large attacks, separated by several hours. T

Case in point.

Which WAS my argument ALL ALONG.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Someone please tell me what the reason there was no backup sent again, cause it seems the reason's have changed 10 ways from Sunday. Here's Leon Panetta saying shortly after the incident that they don't send troops into unkown situations without eyes on the ground.

Now it's because they needed to protect Tripoli, mmmkkkay!

Also, how many times do we have to hear that response teams wouldn't have made it in time? How in the world did anyone know how long the attacks were going to last at the time this was going down?

I would really appreciate a response from one of the outspoken posters on this thread that support Obama's stories.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi folks-

New signup, but long time ATS reader. It was actually this thread that made me take the plunge

While I read the back and forth, I just want to add that for me the issue to focus on is that the administration went out immediately and forwarded the story that the entire incident was caused by protesters reacting sporadically to a no-name video on YouTube. This story is nowhere to be found now because it is, at the least, ridiculous, and at most, a lie. One of many.

Let's not forget the context for Benghazi was that we were a month and a half out from a presidential election following the 2010 mid-term elections that gave the House back to the GOP. It was also a month or so after both Democratic and Republican Party conventions, and the former being an environment in which the president and his sympathizers touted his defeat of Al-Qaeda and the killing of Bin Laden to bolster his foreign policy credentials.

THIS is what is most important, as if I focus on the tale of the video, it reveals a coordinated effort to manipulate me as a voter to selfishly retain power - to lie to me in my face and insult my intelligence. And that is exactly what was done.

And it forces me to look at other events of this presidency, and the boldness, arrogance and contempt held towards the ideals I value. It is not enough to tell me the Republicans or Bush did things, too. You'll find a sympathetic ear, for sure, especially when it comes to the nature of modern politics. But right now, let's talk about this man, these issues, and the direction we are going (of course, we have to keep to the Benghazi thread)

edit on 7142014 by MtGuy because: Formatting

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

MEU from the Med

ok,, myself as a Canadian have a problem understanding the forward thinking here.

During Viet Nam there was a proud Unit which excelled as no other Unit in the annals of warfair history.

that was the mash units,,
a proud Stature,not vain but earned,
Honorable, too the last drop of plasma,
Courageous, cannot be seen,,but found in the heart of every soldier,,

u dont take your Medics away till everyone is gone.

MEU (SOC) Marine Expeditionary Unit, Special Operations Capable. It is a contingency unit of Marines pre-deployed in various regions of the world with the entire mission of immediate and rapid response to a contingency. Various Marine units rotate in and out on ships in 6 month deployments. There used to be such a rapid reaction force of Marines, right off the coast of trouble spots like this with a ready alert platoon reaction time of 15 minutes, not 7-12 hours with the capability of landing the whole brigade in 12 hours. Obama removed them from the Med.
edit on 14-7-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Unfortunately there is a group of people (mostly on the right) that want to believe that Obama and Hillary we're sitting around around at The White House watching the attack taking place and just laughing, saying f*** em let them all die, what does it matter.

Some will always ignore facts that don't back up what they want to be true

edit on 14-7-2014 by moresco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: moresco

How do we know they weren't just sitting there laughing?

Nothing surprises me about the sloppy schlock White House.

I think they were in absolute panic and I truly believe the election panic overshadowed the actual fact that a real attack was taking place. Their entire reaction was panic and based on political damage control.

They choked bigtime this time.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How do we know they weren't reenacting two girls and a cup?

Issa's been pushing this whole ridiculous narrative for a few years now. We know the CIA were the ones that changed the talking points to reference the video. That's really about the worst thing that happened as far as the official response to the attack.

We do however know that republicans on the hill blocked a bill that would have increased the budgets for diplomatic security. (thinkprogress.org...)

We also know that Amb. Stevens refused increased security (www.military.com...)

This has been partisan witch hunt nothing more

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

How do we know they weren't reenacting two girls and a cup?

Class never goes out of style does it.

With all the lies told by the Administration so far, I wouldn't be one bit surprised at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

15 minutes if in the area and ready to strike. The MEU isn't always just floating around waiting for something to happen. They are supposed to have an advon out with the first hour with minimum operation requirements with the rest following up in a 12 hour window at most. I think I explained this wrong. Then again, its been a few years since I've been on a MEU.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

LOL

Those budget cuts were minimal for the State Department.

And some of those "cuts" were scheduled for the following fiscal year.

Not to mention the fact that the Administration would be responsible for setting priorities.

Libya was certainly a priority.

And not to bring up this from page 1...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Touche my friend

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
One retired general claims he was told no to additional security by Stevens himself? And what a strange response, a simple direct no to the security without explanation. I also find it strange, considering the situation that Ham didn't ask for an explanation. I would note there aren't any emails or memos or other living witnesses to back ret. General Ham's claims. The two refusals came during a phone call and then in person at a meeting, forcing us to just take Ham's word as truth. It's funny, the guy whose job was to logistically make it happen is all there is to back this claim. Covering his own ass, maybe? There is plenty evidence to the contrary with regards to security requests from Stevens, however.

Edit: An anonymous official claims Stevens never gave an explanation, so there is at least one living witness, although the evidence is weak. Why hasn't anybody else come forward with this important information?
edit on 15-7-2014 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join