It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Island Moai Style Head pictured on Mars by Curiosity Rover?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well probably not but who knows? Sure looks like it has a face to me, a pareidolia face anyways

It is from the latest Curiosity SOL 685 and it seems to show what looks like a giant head carved out and set up on the hill in the distance like we find here on Easter Island.

SOURCE

It's at the top of the hill, a nice zoom and you'll see it.

I'm just putting this 'rock' out there for you all, it's in skunk works for a reason.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

That's cool but it's also funny to me. I just started looking up Mars images on Malin Space Science Systems.

MSSS has produced visible and ultraviolet cameras for the Mars Global Surveyor (1996), Mars Climate Orbiter (1998), Mars Polar Lander (1999), Mars Odyssey (2001), Cosmos 1 (2005), Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (2005), Mars Scout Phoenix (2007), Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (2009), a classified U.S. spacecraft, and the Mars Science Laboratory rover (2011). MSSS is currently completing a camera for the Juno mission to Jupiter (2011) and a second pair of cameras for the Mars Science Laboratory rover.

www.msss.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Thanks for the link, i'll be sure to have a search through

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

S&F. The profile of the rock certainly seems carved, but without a closer look, this will remain a mystery. I personally believe that Angels inhabited Earth and Mars before man was created.

Interesting find.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Which President's profile is the Mars rock most like? Or any world leader?

edit on 14-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's a Sphinx, obviously, buried so that only the head is still visible.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A distant rock formation to me.Like a hundred others if you try hard enough you can imagine any shape you want.
Not that there aren't such structures, just that I haven't seen realistic proof yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Stop! You're going to put poor Arken out of business

On a serious note, it does appear to be a slightly darker shade than anything else in the photograph. Perhaps that is due to shadows, but who knows. Maybe we can find another angle of a photograph taken in that direction.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OH GREAT. The NWO built a monument to Obama on MARS.

THANKS OBAMA!

White House Denies CIA Teleported Obama to Mars
edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That’s a pretty good one. It’s probably this rock, taken a few sols later on 688. Or perhaps one very similar that looked interesting from a particular angle.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I don't think of pareidolia as most people do, i mean, it was the only way someone could make us doubt our very eyes. I know that our brain looks for patterns on every image that it analyses, but if it finds one, should we really discredit what we're seeing claiming it's pareidolia?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BioFence
I don't think of pareidolia as most people do, i mean, it was the only way someone could make us doubt our very eyes. I know that our brain looks for patterns on every image that it analyses, but if it finds one, should we really discredit what we're seeing claiming it's pareidolia?

Unless you can get to the object and definitively prove that it is an artifact rather than the product of erosion, then what you're doing is seeing something and labeling it as being a particular shape. People have a genetic psychological tendency to see faces in all kinds of things, because faces are very important to us.

Without proof that something is an artifact, then for all intents and purposes it's just a rock that kind of looks like something.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm not saying that this is an artifact, i'm just saying we shoudn't jump to conclusions, and to say it's just a rock, and the resemblance it has with an Easter Island's sculpture is created by our brain, is in fact, a foregone conclusion.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
At least we can all agree !
It's a rock ! Mount Rushmores gone universal ,

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

S&F. The profile of the rock certainly seems carved, but without a closer look, this will remain a mystery. I personally believe that Angels inhabited Earth and Mars before man was created.

Interesting find.

It looks like Merv Griffin.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looks like Sammy Davis Jr in mid song. Thanks I love these Mars anomalies.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Dime a dozen of these rock formations on earth too!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Zomfg, they'd better get to the other side of Mars, ASAP!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Somebody call Richard Hoagland and tell him the martians carved a massive boulder in his likeness.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah I know right? NASA Science! I had Mr SPock tune up the sensor array. In my pics of that rock you can just make out the rock, and you can also make out waldo and jimmy hoffa sitting right beside it sharing a HUGE blunt with the easter bunny and Bender,, super merchandising Robot !
Mars - deader than ALL of obamas brain cells. and that has never changed. and it NEVER will !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join