It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning a USA tip to the south any suggestions.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: crazyewok

Think before you open your mouth about politics while in a bar there?

Obama = Bad

Democrats = bad

North = Bad

Guns = Good

Civil war = war of northern aggression

Easy enough to remember

anyway not going to to discuss politics.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I suggest going to Savana GA, CharlestonSC, And the outer banks of NC. Both big cities have amazing history and plenty of tours to show you things you will enjoy. The outer banks is just an amazing place to visit. You can see wild horses running free, eat amazing seafood, and see sunrises that will make you cry.

If you go to the mountains, in NC there is the Nanatahala river where they have white water rafting tours which are lots of fun, then try tubing down a stream. (you float on an intertube with a cold beer and slowly watch nature pass by)

DC is amazing and you will always wish you had more time to spend there. The south eastern US is beautiful. If you like to golf, let me know. And it's safe.

Cool yeah Going to spend a bit of time in Charleston and maybe pop over to Savannah. But theres a few things I got planned in Charleston.

It such a shame its only 2 weeks I could spend 4 weeks by the sound of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: skalla

Think before you open your mouth about politics while in a bar there?

Obama = Bad

Democrats = bad

North = Bad

Guns = Good

Civil war = war of northern aggression

Easy enough to remember

anyway not going to to discuss politics.

Unless you stop by Asheville, NC. Then it's the opposite.

edit on 15-7-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Between Richmond VA and Washington DC is Virginia Beach. You can take a tour of the Naval Shipyard there and stay at the beach. The Naval Airstation is there so you can watch the planes practicing as you sit on the beach.

Also - N.W. of DC is Gettysburg Battlefield. Great place for ghosthunting if you are into that.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Cheers and just looking that up.

I want to visit Jamestown which is near.

Its a shame I likely wont have time for Gettysburg or sharpsburg. I hope to stop buy Spotsylvania and peterburg on the way down to Charleston.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Cheers and just looking that up.

I want to visit Jamestown which is near.

Its a shame I likely wont have time for Gettysburg or sharpsburg. I hope to stop buy Spotsylvania and peterburg on the way down to Charleston.
I live in Hampton. Center stage to Jamestown Williamsburg and Norfolk. Williamsburg is a better day trip in my opinion. Jamestown is a ruin and archeological dig which can be interesting for sure. Williamsburg is a replicate city with actors. There are taverns serving genuine colonial dishes. Craft shops where you can see people make candles or other objects used in the era, gardens and public areas that are free to tour. They do have a replicant village at Jamestown but it's not anything like Williamsburg. Yorktown completes the historic triangle as its known. You can still find the redoubts dug by the colonists during the revolution.
Yorktown does not have a recreation village but it has a nice museum. It's a good place for a picnic. Wear insect repellant.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
VA beach is way way south of Richmond and Washington DC. It's on the coast just north of the north Carolina boarder. I live in Tidewater in the city of Hampton. VA beach is south of me. I live ricght on the river at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay. I saw a submarine go by while at the beach on Sunday. We're surrounded ny military here. a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
All you need to know is y'all. It means you, party of one or it means a small group. For a large group it's all y'all. That site was an insult. I don't know anyone who speaks like that.
A Reply to: buster2010

edit on PM000000310000000772927312014-07-16T13:27:11-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Then may I suggest Norfolk Intl. . It's smack dab in the middle. a reply to: crazyewok

edit on PM000000310000000772908312014-07-16T13:08:18-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well if you're staring n Atlanta Savannah is at the start of your trip. It's no pop over to Savannah from Charleston SC. It's an eight hour drive at least. a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If you PM me when you get here I would be happy to be your tour guide. I've lived here for over twenty years.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Works out same sort of price and want to do a few things in DC.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
DC is at the very northern most boarder of Virginia most would say it is Virginia but it's like the Vatican in Rome an entity unto itself.
Ok so from hot-tlanta go east to Savannah then north up the coast to Charleston then north again to the tidewater region of Virginia. That's Vs Beach, Norfolk, then Jamestown across the river. From there it's an hour to Richmond if you want to visit that city. They have some good museums too. The fine arts museum is world class. If children will be traveling with you they have a totally hands on children's museum . From Richmond it's about an hour and a half perhaps two to Washington. Leave yourself some time for DC as there is much to see there. The free masons have a hugh temple there open to the public to add an ATS bend to your trip. . a,reply to crazyewok

edit on PM000000310000000772939312014-07-16T13:39:08-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Well if you're staring n Atlanta Savannah is at the start of your trip. It's no pop over to Savannah from Charleston SC. It's an eight hour drive at least. a reply to: crazyewok

May give Atlanta a miss now and just fly into DC and circe round going down through coatsal Virginia down to SC and then go up back to DC via ashville.

Thanks for all the information you posted. I just got to wait on my traveling companion now.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sure any to.e. I live here and I travel up and down the coast. I have family in NY and n N. Carolina.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah, you'd be surprised at how long it takes to drive across a state. Driving east-west across NC takes nearly as long as driving from NC up to Ohio!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh ... and if you are into the metaphysical .. the Edgar Cayce center is in Virginia Beach. Take a tour of the shipyard, watch the jets practice over the ocean, and read up on Edgar Cayce and other 'mystics', attend a metaphysical lecture, etc. Look up the center. We went there last summer. I enjoyed it a great deal.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

My brother-in-law and sister went there sometime last summer too! I had never heard of Edgar Cayce but my sister talks about him all the time.
edit on 18-7-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

edit on 6/28/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join