It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis photographed with popcorn and chairs, cheering as IDF bombs Palestinian targets inside Gaza

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What many of you lamenting the actions of Israel fail to realize is that Israel exists because the world was horrified at how they'd allowed the nazis to treat the Jews. Israel reacts this way out of a necessity for survival, ever look at a map? They're surrounded on all sides by enemies.

I know you palestine supporters mean well but understand that millions of Jews were there already and were just finally granted a state after WWII.

They go further and put up with more than we would ever allow another country to do to us. Israel is rocketed frequently and only because of a missile defense system don't more Israelis die. The fact is that the world has been holding Israel's reins for far too long, we should let them off leash.

The Palestinians choose to be this backward and messed up. Meanwhile Israel is a modern state, whose fault? Their own. Tell the Palestinians to abandon hatred and get with the program, cause this ain't workin for em.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
What many of you lamenting the actions of Israel fail to realize is that Israel exists because the world was horrified at how they'd allowed the nazis to treat the Jews. Israel reacts this way out of a necessity for survival, ever look at a map? They're surrounded on all sides by enemies.

I know you palestine supporters mean well but understand that millions of Jews were there already and were just finally granted a state after WWII.

They go further and put up with more than we would ever allow another country to do to us. Israel is rocketed frequently and only because of a missile defense system don't more Israelis die. The fact is that the world has been holding Israel's reins for far too long, we should let them off leash.

The Palestinians choose to be this backward and messed up. Meanwhile Israel is a modern state, whose fault? Their own. Tell the Palestinians to abandon hatred and get with the program, cause this ain't workin for em.

Israel should declare all out war on Hamas and Hezbollah and put an end to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Merinda

Pretty disturbing images. But it IS the middle east. At least Israelis are not decapitating ppl on video.

There sadly are videos of beheadings by both sides.

Please provide a link of Israelis doing a beheading. I'd be interested to see that.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I could never cheer while people are dying.

That's because you are a rare human being.
Victory over war of others isn't so uncommon and I think the trait of feeling shame at it, is not common in these circumstances.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Prior to the American "Civil War" this behavior would be considered quite normal.
Unfortunately, warfare became rather nasty when the spectators and other "innocents" found themselves prey to the ordinance of the industrial revolution. Since that time, most have found it better to observe from the safety of a bunker.
I must say I am quite puzzled to see why we have not evolved too terribly much in the past hundred plus years.
Regardless, fireworks are fun to observe.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: daaskapital
But to sit there with chairs and popcorn, and cheer for the deaths of men, women and children, is just disgusting. It truly shows the perverted opinions of which some Israelis hold towards the Palestinians. I am actually disgusted.

Interesting historical note, packing a picnic lunch and heading to an expected battlefield was common practice during the Civil War.

We also lynched African Americans for fun in our insipid past.

AAC.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Haxsaw

No they aren't.There is only ONE faith between the two that ENCOURAGES violence in scripture in an empirical way AGAINST NON BELIEVERS AS A BASIC FUNCTION.
AND only a small but over reaching faction that follows such INSANITY. Otherwise the book said to live HARMONIOUSLY and NOT TO JUDGE but some ass hats had to run with it and corrupt the message for their own means.
Otherwise it's only in DEFENSE. How the leaders determine that is the issue,I would think getting attacked would actually cause ANYONE to cheer if your side hit back.
we are in the comfortable position to watch from WELL protected shores to allow unique views to flourish and be explored. Israel isn't and we ARE IN TREATY,so we back them.
THE ZIONIST conspiracy at this time is still a conspiracy but as missiles hit reality will out.
edit on 14-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This...this is just disturbing.

You know what? Sure, if i was there, i would be sitting on a hill and watching airstrikes take place too. Hell, i would be recording it and photographing the events as they take place. But to sit there with chairs and popcorn, and cheer for the deaths of men, women and children, is just disgusting. It truly shows the perverted opinions of which some Israelis hold towards the Palestinians. I am actually disgusted.

Allan Sørensen, who posted the image, wrote that it showed a kind of “cinema” on the hilltop outside the Israeli town of Sderot, and a caption added: “Clapping when blasts are heard.”

Sørensen’s newspaper, the Kristeligt Dagblad, reported that the gathering involved more than 50 people who had transformed the hill into something “most closely resembling the front row of a reality war theatre”.

It said that people were seen taking popcorn up onto the hill with their chairs, and that they sat cheerfully smoking hookahs.

Further images have since emerged showing larger crowds on subsequent days - suggesting that the so-called “Sderot cinema” was far from a one-off. They showed groups standing and pointing out to the horizon, and one had even brought a sofa up onto the hilltop.

goo.gl...

Some images:

- Daas.

The Palestinians are guilty of the same thing.

Here's Hebron residents cheering as Israel gets bombed (with video I can't embed as it's not "Youtube");

pamelageller.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
SORRY no. Only in cities with large populations can claim THAT. Otherwise there are more who would be conservative but not neccessarily republican who hold the physical power of the country. Most don't want to be part of the mess,refuse to vote etc.

ME? oh I am one of YOUR monsters. to guard the Nation state as ordered and damned by left for being effective and proud of the skill,I just don't celebrate death or pain. Unless attacked.

edit on 14-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
LOL. 100 MILLION AMERICANS were glued to their TV for 2003 assault.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Could someone get the coordinates of that hill for me please? K thnx.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not just Blacks were hanged in our insipid past.
What's your point?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
SORRY no. Only in cities with large populations can claim THAT. Otherwise there are more who would be conservative but not neccessarily republican who hold the physical power of the country. Most don't want to be part of the mess,refuse to vote etc.

ME? oh I am one of YOUR monsters. to guard the Nation state as ordered and damned by left for being effective and proud of the skill,I just don't celebrate death or pain. Unless attacked.

Cities with large populations can claim what? Would be nice to see what you are responding to.

Or could it be because the want no fight with of the monster protectors that have Israel's back and provide them arms and billions of dollars?

You are not one of MY monsters. You guard Israel? I was referring to large countries such as the US and $$.
My son flies and Apache I am not a hater of military I am a hater of misusing him and the rest of you.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If this is a part of human nature than perhaps it is not so good "being human". I can't help picturing the first cavemen sitting on a rock somewhere and munching on berries while watching their neighbors being brutalized by another bunch of marauders passing through. It seems, all of "humanity" for all time has always had a need for violence, greed, hate, war. Always paving a path to destruction one way or another. Read my signature. Einstein had it right. You'd think, in modern times, things would have changed for the better...doesn't seem so...perhaps it never was meant to be and never will be. Perhaps it is not in us as a species. Where is our humanity? There are some in our species that seem to have more of it than others but not nearly enough of them it seems.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CALGARIAN
LOL. 100 MILLION AMERICANS were glued to their TV for 2003 assault.

How many were laughing? I hope not many. hopefully not many Israelis are either.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

But to sit there with chairs and popcorn, and cheer for the deaths of men, women and children, is just disgusting. It truly shows the perverted opinions of which some Israelis hold towards the Palestinians. I am actually disgusted.

Interesting historical note, packing a picnic lunch and heading to an expected battlefield was common practice during the Civil War.

Thanks for the historical note, but i think this is somewhat of a different situation. These Israelis aren't watching war take place on a battlefield. They are watching the systematic bombing of a secluded, dense, population - where men, women and children are needlessly dieing.

I can understand why some would go and watch war take place back in the day, but this is on another level, in my honest opinion.

No they are bombing rocket launch sites and known dwellings of leaders who are ordering the rocket attacks. Funny the Palestinian terrorists choose to launch from densely populated areas, wonder how much partying was going on at the launches of those rockets. Every launch was probably cheered with a fanatical cry to their God.

You are incorrect.

The Israelis are bombing a 'secluded, dense, population', as i myself stated. It just so happens that the rocket launch sites are so located in these areas. Do you know why? It is because Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas on earth. They can't help but fire from there, they are stuck behind that wall, and that is where they will stay.

If Israel wants to go around acting against Hamas, they should be doing it with precision special forces raids, not systematic bombings of a dense area, surrounded by innocent civilians.

I don't support either side in the conflict, but i will never understand those who wholeheartedly support the Israeli regime...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't blame these individuals. Anyone else would do the same. People always gather and rubber neck around accidents, fires, riots, chase tornadoes and run with bulls! I wouldn't be cheering, but I sure would want to be a witness and photograph what I've seen. It's only human nature.

Nothing quite like blissful and ignorant generalisations, although I'll grant you that people live vicariously (much like leeches and other parasites) on the suffering of other human beings. Just so long as the pain and death is being dealt out to somebody else, WOO-EE what a great time there is to be had!

Pathetic. We are a deranged species.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The larger cities are viewed as centers of MADNESS to much of rest the country as they often claim the numerical superiority of their view and foist it on others, as the right has done for decades,LATELY... It isn't correct.

WE ALL guard Israel ...if we are still American citizens,further illustrating the last part of your statement,right or wrong.

I hope your son comes home with a healthy body and can accept his choices without pain.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

They are self confessed "Fascist" ....

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I can understand why some would go and watch war take place back in the day, but this is on another level, in my honest opinion.

To a degree. But as someone else pointed out there will always be those with morbid curiosity.

Morbid curiosity would lead people to watch anxiously and with fear and empathy.

Popcorn and applause does not spell out "morbid curiosity" to me.

That's blood lust spectator sport mentality. This is no different than feeding prisoners to lions in arenas.

There, Cuervo is the reason I hold out a small hope... because
this path is well worn by the populations of almost all fallen
empires. This is Darwin winning badly but completely.
Too bad we're all in on it just sitting... who needs a hill?
Bread and Circuits . Quote me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join