It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis photographed with popcorn and chairs, cheering as IDF bombs Palestinian targets inside Gaza

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

YouTube evidences the fact that people watch combat footage and revel in it.

I'm sure that there are people from around the world that watch bombings in the middle east online and enjoy it.

I'm not saying that this is good, but I'm know it is more common than most would like to think.

a reply to: DodgyDawg
I believe there is a difference to watching in awe and disbelief and watching for what could almost be called sexual gratification

And that is why i specifically attacked those who watch acts like this and enjoy it. Even if you do watch or see things like this purposefully, I would still say that you shouldn't enjoy watching people die.

I don't ever remember attacking people for watching this type of footage or action for any other reason than those that I highlighted as I myself occasionally watch these types of videos.

To reiterate what I said I shall change the language of what I said:

Its obvious that there are people who enjoy watching others die on YouTube - you can look for yourself in the comments or simply in the titles of videos.

I'm sure that these commenters and those that enjoy watching videos like this are from around the world.

I'm not trying to defend these people, I am instead trying to show that there are people all around the globe with the same mentality as the people on that hill, acting like this at their computer screens.

Please show me what exactly prompted your comment.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thankfully not all Jews in Israel are stupid and Racist like this crowd.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The solution is for the rest of the world to let Israel and the rest of the Arab world duke it out. Since Israel is one one-tenth of one percent of the whole Arab land mass over there, it should be no trouble squashing them, right? Why doesn't the rest of the Arab world just carve out a sliver of desert and give it to the Palestinians for a Palestinian state? News flash. The other Arab countries want no part of the Palestinians. They never come to their defense in the conflict. They're just the redheaded stepchildren nobody wants. The other Arab countries could sweep Israel out of there, no problem, and they could then have control of their religious genesis. Why? Because they know when Israel goes down, they'll take the rest of the region with them, mutual destruction. All their oil producing money making land will be worthless. That's why they don't give a hoot about the Palstinian/Israeli land. There's no money to be made from that worthless expanse of sand. That's why the other Arabs don't blink an eye and lets Israel do whatever it wants.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You have put it nicely, I will agree on most points but the reason why others don't rise up... Is FEAR.. The samson option is a very powerful tool... I can't have something so I'm going to kill everything around me to make sure nobody has... Sounds like a bully to me...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

originally posted by: Lawndartchief

a reply to: khnum

Amen brother. At least the Israelis notify them to give them time to leave before they attack certain areas... but nobody mentions that.

A world political gesture is all that was to save face, they are getting bad press worldwide so they said well at least we're gonna notify them before we bulldoze their homes, we're humans afterall....

Where was this humanity when they were arresting and killing people over the 3 Israeli teens being kidnapped by who they didn't know at the time?

At least they're showing some humanity, even if it's disingenuous. Palestinians are just firing rockets indiscriminately, without regards to where or who is there.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
All wars have spectators. It's human nature to keep your eyes glued on a train as it derails, crashes, and burns.

If you find this kind of behavior disturbing, don't turn on the news, lest you become a hypocrite. Hell, don't even turn on the television.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't know what angers and saddens me more. The article and photos in question or the fact that there are people in this thread desperately clutching at straws trying to make excuses for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Fake humanity = No humanity in my book, they weren't trying until other people chimed in and gave them bad press.. I don't support people who shoot off rockets either, in reality they do no damage, then again the intent behind them is too so it's just as bad...

Still isn't nice to say well get out of your home we might bomb it till there's nothing left either... They are still being forced out of their homes, I'm not sure they'll ever be able to return...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sixandone

All wars have spectators. It's human nature to keep your eyes glued on a train as it derails, crashes, and burns.

There is curiosity and then there is deriving some kind of twisted pleasure from it as those people clearly are in the article.

When was the last time you saw a terrible accident and decided to pull up a seat and get some snacks and just enjoy the view? Stop trying to make excuses for this, like it's somehow normal.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Fylgje

If you are a Palestinian who was displaced in 1948 or a direct descendant thereof you probably have a legitimate grievance and probably deserve compensation land or both but my dear sir this would be probably about ten percent of Gaza and the West banks population most of these people are individuals Arafat collected as he was thrown out of one country after another they ended up where they are now and probably have no more of a claim on Israel then you or I do.The Palestinians conducted terrorism to get to the negotiating table,as did the Israeli's the Israeli's however targeted the enemies armed forces and intelligence services whereas the Palestinians targeted innocent civilians often from nations not even remotely involved.

So once they got to the negotiating table did they stop no they didn't.Arafat was offered the best deal by Barak they were ever going to get,unlike Tom Collins who was a lot smarter,he didn't take it because there is no concept of a right for Israel to exist in these peoples minds,well sad news there is 7 million jews there and they aint going nowhere.

Yes the Israelis provoke things with settlements and other things they should not do but tell me who do they negotiate with the Palestinian territories are currently run by dozens of warlords in an almost anarchical environment and none of these would necessarily give a damn about any negotiaion or arrangement made so until they can get there act together and find someone moderate who is reasonable to represent them Israels only real course of action is to build a ruddy great wall and let them rot till they come to their senses.

A great synopsis of the situation. Well put, sir. I believe if Sadat wasn't assassinated, there'd be peace now in that region. Him and Begin were on the right path and actually had constructive dialogue.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't see what the big deal is, they are just cheering for their team. Personally, I am a soldier with three tours to Iraq, and I can tell you from first hand expierence the mentality and culture of the Arabs is so much more harsh, and violent than anything you are going to see from the Israelis. Throw a little Islamic extremism into the mix and you have some of most horrifying people you could ever come across. Go Israel!

You invade a nation for no reason how did you think the people were going act? Did you expect roses and parades? Taking enjoyment from watching other people being bombed is the sign of a sick mentality.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The "people" reacted positively, the warlords, al qaida, islamist extremists, and profiteers reacted with violence.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Israel is surrounded by countries, and people that want nothing less than the total destruction of the Jewish people. They have to be tough, they have to be hard, or else they face annihilation. Its easy for you to sit there and talk like you do, but until you live somewhere with a bounty on your head, you have no idea what you are talking about

And because they have enemies, that gives them the right to burn to death teenagers, and bomb and kill women, children and disabled people? Really?

You can be strong without being cruel and inhumane. I do it all the time. So can you. so can Israel. Don't justify the killing of innocents and apartheid. Nothing justifies that.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Many of the posters here do t seem to understand we are guilty too

How many remember the first gulf war?

Yea we were cheering americans watching live from the battlefield half way across the world

If u had givin us chairs and popcorn and nice hill we all would have been wrestling for a spot

Like leary said

I had a 3 foot erection with a cheesburger on the end

Most if not all of yiu would be right there beside me

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thats what a culture of hate will get ya' ... eating popcorn and watching people die as if it's theatre. I have no doubt that given the chance, the Palestinians would do the same if it were Israelis being blown to bits. The hate over there knows no bounds. It's so deeply ingrained in everyone that I don't think it can be fixed. That kind of behavior is not justified .. no matter who is doing it. No excuses of 'they hit first' or 'God gave us this land'. When humanity stops being sad at the stupidity and loss of life of fellow human beings, then it's beyond being able to be fixed.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Telos
"We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us".

Golda Meir, Israel Prime Minister (1969-1974)

Golda got it wrong. It should have said. "We will only have peace with the Arabs when we treat the Palestinians like Human Beings."

I wasn't approving or denying anything. I just put the quote to show a point of view of an israeli leader.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They are watching like a movie because they don't relate to the " other" the other wants them dead, the other must die, that's how they view it.

And therefore its all rather surreal.

At one time Muslims and Jews got along well in that region in older times before the occupation. Its only over territory we see this level of hostility arising. And their religions are very different too.
edit on 14-7-2014 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

And? You going to say that you didn't watch what happened in Iraq or the other military invasions? oh please......

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth

I remember doing much the same thing when the US was just about to bring some democracy to Iraq in 03, with all the TV hype and Bush's wanted dead or alive poster and other propaganda shoved down our throats, it was hard to resist.

Sad but true.

Yes very very sad. Those of us who were against the stupidity of war were treated pretty bad too. I cried as i watched people trying to get their babies safe and some of our young soldiers were clearly disturbed at the bashing in of Family homes.

Little babies losing their arms, legs, eyes! Stupid people laughing cheering!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't blame these individuals. Anyone else would do the same. People always gather and rubber neck around accidents, fires, riots, chase tornadoes and run with bulls! I wouldn't be cheering, but I sure would want to be a witness and photograph what I've seen. It's only human nature.

Do you know anyone who laughs at accidents and fires while people die?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join