It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis photographed with popcorn and chairs, cheering as IDF bombs Palestinian targets inside Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Reminds me of the images from the Israeli bombing of Lebanon from 2006.

The pictures kind of speak for themselves...

edit on 14-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
YouTube evidences the fact that people watch combat footage and revel in it.

I'm sure that there are people from around the world that watch bombings in the middle east online and enjoy it.

I'm not saying that this is good, but I'm know it is more common than most would like to think.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
Sadly it what's they enjoy doing. They did this during the Syrian conflict as well. I guess they really enjoy war. Given the chance and promise of safety I'd wager they'd travel anywhere in the Middle East to watch Arabs kill each other.

edit on 14-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

The IDF has their own YouTube channel and love showing the people they bomb, namely Hamas, or so they say. They also have videos titled "air strike called off because civilians spotted". Then we read about all the civilian deaths they caused while blaming Hamas.

edit on 14-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yeah thats disgusting but at the same time Hezbollah sent a lot of unexpected love and gifts right back at Israel.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I see a distinct difference in what you are pointing out. the people in the picture on top of the hill a clearly basking in the hate fueled destruction of their enemy's. I think you will find that the picnic lunch at the civil war battle you are trying to relate this to would have been far far different and i have never seen people cheering and laughing at a car accident even at a race way the mood is always solemn, these people are basking in the destruction happening before them.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg
I believe there is a difference to watching in awe and disbelief and watching for what could almost be called sexual gratification

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I remember watching this sort of footage...what was known as "Shock and Awe" back in 2003.......I cried and cried.....

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
An entire nation of nurtured sociopaths?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
I see a distinct difference in what you are pointing out. the people in the picture on top of the hill a clearly basking in the hate fueled destruction of their enemy's. I think you will find that the picnic lunch at the civil war battle you are trying to relate this to would have been far far different and i have never seen people cheering and laughing at a car accident even at a race way the mood is always solemn, these people are basking in the destruction happening before them.

Do you honestly think the people attending Civil War battles with champagne and oysters were there because they thought it was some sort of cotillion? They knew men were going to die horrifically and wanted to observe the carnage.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Israelis are known to watch and cheer when thing blow up, just like the towers during 9/11.
This is what happens when one believes they are a Superior Human Being and lose their humanity.

Religion is the savior of humanity, NOT

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Of course the Palestinians never celebrate Israeli deaths.Must be why they brainwash their children to kill from birth.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A nation of psychopaths ..
Israels version of ancient gladiatorial events .. disgusting that people view mass murder as entertainment ..

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Of course the Palestinians never celebrate Israeli deaths.Must be why they brainwash their children to kill from birth.

So just because some Palestinians celebrate the death of Israelis, means it's okay for some Israelis to do the same?

I think you have biased preconceptions. Both sides need to work on their education in order to achieve success. Both sides have their fair share of extremists.

This thread is not about Palestinians celebrating Israeli suffering, but rather, Israelis celebrating the deaths and suffering of the Palestinians. I would ask you not to attempt a derailment of this thread, by intentionally causing division.
edit on 14-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I wonder how hard they'd be clapping if something went off course and blew the top of that hill off.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: daaskapital
I can understand why some would go and watch war take place back in the day, but this is on another level, in my honest opinion.

To a degree. But as someone else pointed out there will always be those with morbid curiosity.

Morbid curiosity would lead people to watch anxiously and with fear and empathy.

Popcorn and applause does not spell out "morbid curiosity" to me.

That's blood lust spectator sport mentality. This is no different than feeding prisoners to lions in arenas.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: TDawg61

So just because some Palestinians celebrate the death of Israelis, means it's okay for some Israelis to do the same?

I think you have biased preconceptions. Both sides need to work on their education in order to achieve success. Both sides have their fair share of extremists.

This thread is not about Palestinians celebrating Israeli suffering, but rather, Israelis celebrating the deaths and suffering of the Palestinians. I would ask you not to attempt a derailment of this thread, by intentionally causing division.

So, no dissent is what you are saying then? Never mind what the other hand is doing, just watch THIS one? Please. Give me a break.

Basically, the first thing I thought after reading your post is "So, it's OK to condemn Israelis for it, but not the arabs who cheer, whistle, and chant "Allahu Ackbar" as they watch rockets fired into Israel?"

Two wrongs do not make a right, and ignoring one in favor of the other doesn't either.
edit on 14-7-2014 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2014 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
Morbid curiosity would lead people to watch anxiously and with fear and empathy.
Popcorn and applause does not spell out "morbid curiosity" to me.
That's blood lust spectator sport mentality. This is no different than feeding prisoners to lions in arenas.

I suppose we are arguing semantics. The fact that it exists was what I was pointing out.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I never knew that a small group of people represent the whole country, so because these few people sit on the hill and cheer everybody in the country is exactly the same as them? what kind of logic is that?.

these type of fanatic people who love seeing others get hurt are in every corner of this world.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is this any different than the Palestinians cheering the twin towers falling?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join