It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic Character 'Archie' To Die Saving Gay Friend from Gun Violence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Archie has been dead for a long time.
Good thing the nail has been finally been put in the coffin.
I guess he got what he deserved for disarming himself.
Who will be the first to yell at me for cheering on a death in a cartoon?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: jonnywhite
a reply to: grandmakdw
Well some 42% of the nation is democrat and only some 31% are republican.

When you look at a graphic for the nation that shows red for republicans and blue for democrats what you see is republicans are fewer.

The nation is more liberal than conservative.

And your point is????????

So it is ok to paint all conservatives as homophobic and gun-toting murderers? Just because they are a minority in the population?

So it's ok for the liberals to shamelessly use this propaganda for capitalistic reasons, just to line the pockets of the corporation that publishes the comic, as long the propaganda is in there then it is fine and bound to be a good story line and not a sappy propaganda piece?

I didn't know the gunman in the comics was going to be portrayed as a conservative...?

maybe it's a jealous ex lover that is hooked on meth!

that would make him a dem.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
In my telling the gunman would be a military drone, and the casualties would be Archie, his friend and several random bystanders.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SoldierCarryingHashbrowns

Or another version could be that cops did a no knock raid on the home and shot Archie, his friends, and several of their dogs whilst serving themselves fruit punch.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

as someone who was reading Archie comics about 15 years ago---this is an unfathomable way to end the series. First, EVERYONE KNOWS Archie should be with Betty. Secondly, this is just...just...awful! The most horrible way to continue the indoctrination of the readers! Archie was always so wholesome (if not for a few innuendo I could chuckle at later in life)---lessons were always taught with words, with the characters having a discussion and coming to an understand (or being tolerant even if they cannot agree). This bums me out.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Its a shame that all the "entertainment" coming out of america these days is nothing but propaganda ..

My friend, I have to say 90% of all books, movies, newspapers TV shows and school curriculum are propaganda these days here in the United states.

To be safe you have to home school your kids and very carefully screen whats read and watched. Not always possible.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Do Jughead and Reggie fall in love too? Veronica will die from an overdose after a foray as a hooker on the corner and betty becomes a feminist lesbian.

PROG heaven

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ooh! Good dig on gay people! Way to add to the stigma that's already surrounding the virus! Good job! What a loving thing to do.

I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty much against gun violence and I support diversity, so this comic strip storyline doesn't bother me. I guess it would bother those of you that support gun violence and don't like diversity.

One White, Straight, Christian Nation!

I'm against sarcasm,

It don't stop you from using it.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: DarknStormy
But I guess religion is just BS, isn't it?

To me? Yes, it is. Especially when people USE their religion to judge others, put them down, and to deny others their rights. You bet your ass it's BS.

But what about when people use their lack of religion to judge others?

You are saying people who disagree with you have opinions that are invalid.

(post by SubTruth removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This thread constitutes the most I've read regarding "Archie" in my entire life. I suspect it's nothing but a grab for readers, nothing but a publicity stunt.

I don't take it after Archie dies does anyone in the comic make any comments on how to reduce violence or bigotry in our culture? Notice I said violence and not "gun violence". I believe all violence is bad, unlike others who only care about violence when certain objects are used.

Any ways I doubt any important information will come out of this comic, in fact I predict the moral of the story will be "gun owners are evil crazy bigots!".

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
aI have a real problem with all this promoting being gay in the media. These kids now are experimenting with being gay by the millions. This is exactly what the dark side wants. reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan

Kids experiment with sexuality in general. Stop promoting your nonsense. Seeing gays on T.V. does not make one gay or more likely to experiment in that area unless the feelings were already there. No more than years of watching straight people made me want to date men.

As a lesbian I am tired of reading hateful nonsense like this.

There are more gays and lesbians on T.V. but there are us that exist in real life as well, for years we weren't "allowed" to exist. If anything there is more now because that's the current hot issue, all will calm down and then the only glbt on T.V. will just be regular characters who tend to like the same when dating.

Whatever your problem is, and everyone else's...I'm tired of reading it, I really am. I've never done anything to anyone by being a lesbian or being open about having a gf. I don't understand how seeing people like me on T.V. is going to hurt anyone in anyway whatsoever.

I'm sure there will be many responses, I am not going to get into it. Just needed to get that out there. Whatever wedge is wanted between us all, I am definitely feeling it now. Normally I let these things roll off. But when you have so many responses saying the same thing it just gets really old, very quickly.

The sad part is you're all duped. Instead of focusing on the real issue with the Archie comic, which is that of gun control. You're worried that a comic that fat housewives read now has a gay character or gay story line.

Successful, they have made glbt believe that gun rights only belong to those hateful "right" that spout the nonsense I've been reading in this thread. That to be safe from and prevent those type of people from coming after them and making all their horrible comments true, all we need to do is have stricter gun control. Since after all, it is the right that hates us and they're the ones with guns!

Wake up and stop your hateful nonsense before it's too late for all of us.

I exist, lesbians exist, gays exist. We have families. We have friends. We have children. Sooner or later we were going to be on T.V. and in the media.

That's not the issue with this comic, focusing on that is ignoring the bigger problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I just found out about this yesterday.

I was shocked they they are killing off Archie & wonder if it's just in the Life with Archie comics or if it will be the end of all the Archie comics?

"The way in which Archie dies is everything that you would expect of Archie," Goldwater said in a statement. "He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale, but the best of all of us. It's what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years."

I think it is silly to try and hide the whole gun issue & LGBTQ+ from kids. They see it everywhere so why not address it in a comic book? If it helps to spread tolerance for LGBTQ+ so more kids see them as the regular humans they are, then all the power to them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneGunMan
aI have a real problem with all this promoting being gay in the media. These kids now are experimenting with being gay by the millions. This is exactly what the dark side wants. reply to: FlyersFan

ROFL!!!!!!

Oh no!! The world is going to come to an end because kids are experimenting with same sex like they've always done. *Gasp* Won't somebody please think of the children!!! *end sarcasm* It's nothing new, kids try everything and will continue to do so whether or not the media is "promoting being gay".

Didn't you know that if you kids watch/listen to LGBTQ+ related topics they will turn gay?? Shhh it's a secret. Hahahaha!!! *end sarcasm*

"Luke, come to the dark side, we have LGBTQ+ fun" hahahahaha!!!!! Yes that is exactly what the dark side wants *end sarcasm*

*roll eyes*

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I never understood the appeal of archie comics. Even in the time period they existed, I still wouldn't care for them. Also, "Sugar Sugar" is a terrible song. That being said, good for them acknowledging that gay people exist in their comics. I really can't imagine anyone having a problem with that aside from say, stupid people.

Not a big fan of the gun control agenda though. That's definitely pushing it. It's pretty safe to say that discriminating against homosexuals is wrong, gun control on the other hand is still hotly contested.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

NO, it doesn't make one more likely to think they are gay, but it does make them think there are more gay people than there actually are. The younger generation thinks the percentage of gays in the general population is as high as 25% when it's actually never been much higher than 5%, if that high.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The amount of people that at some time will have some type of same sex sexual interaction has always hovered around 10 to 25% depending on which study you are looking at. Just because those that "identify" as GLBT is a low demographic doesn't mean that people who in engage in same sex sexual interactions are low. That's probably why many people think the number of glbt is so high. They are not separating the identity with the action.

Also you can't say T.V. is to blame for kids thinking the percentage of gays is 25% since in no way is that the percentage of coverage that we get on television. In fact, in the last GLAAD study(2013) glbt(that's everything queer or in between which is a lot of different types of sexuality) sat at 3.3% for mainstream T.V. coverage.

www.glaad.org...

Either way, watching gay characters does not make one gay or more likely to want gay sex. In that vein of reasoning, there would be no GLBT because gay kids would have watched heterosexual romance and that would have made them straight.

Like I said, I exist. People like me exist. We have families. We have friends. Have children. Have pets. The fact that there haven't been any or there has been very small representations of glbt on T.V. just shows the widespread propaganda and censorship that has essentially erased a whole group of people from the public eye for years.

Now everyone is complaining because there's a measly 3.3% glbt characters on T.V.?

The real agenda has been for years the great question of why there were no glbt on T.V. when up to 5% of the population identifies that way and even more engage in same sex relationships in some manner?

Either way the negative and blindness at the real problems makes my heart hurt. It really does. I'm tired of the negativity being directed towards people who happen to be in same sex relationships, like me. It's ridiculous. I am a good person and don't understand why everyone thinks this way.

This will be my last response in this thread because there's honestly no point.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Don't worry about archie indoctrinating kids, I don't think any kids actually read archie. I'd be willing to bet It's mostly older fans who stuck with it. Even if kids do read archie, they probably also read deadpool and punisher, and they get to see plenty of shoot outs.

Your guns and straight sex are safe. Archie doesn't effect enough young people to matter.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: OrphanApology

NO, it doesn't make one more likely to think they are gay, but it does make them think there are more gay people than there actually are. The younger generation thinks the percentage of gays in the general population is as high as 25% when it's actually never been much higher than 5%, if that high.

For the record, when looking at the percentage of LGBTQ+ you have to keep in mind that there is a discrepancy in that number because no everyone has come forward so there is no way to know for sure what the actual percentage of LGBTQ+ is. Especially when you are looking at countries where you are beat, raped & murdered for being LGBTQ+ people keep it more a secret.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join