It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoroughly vexed: I may not be quite myself for a while.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Greetings to you, fellow members.

I feel that it is necessary, in light of recent events in my personal/work life, to make the membership aware of the situation that I am facing, in the event that despite my best efforts to the contrary, I lose my cool without apparent cause.

As some of you may be aware, I am a locksmith, and work for a family run business. My mother, her business partner and I, work out of a small store, in a corner of Essex. We pride ourselves on customer service here, and we have to, because footfall on our street is minimal. Further to that however, it is our contention that persons who enter our store, leave it with the feeling that they have received the very best possible service, because we value those qualities when we are the other side of the counter, so to speak.

It is therefore, utterly devastating to us, that we are now being targeted by a person who has begun a legal challenge against us, a part of which is a spurious allegation about the manner and conduct of myself, which pertains to a failure of customer service quality.

We, of course, will be combating this allegation in court, since it is entirely constructed of lies and slander. However, while I am well used to having my thinking challenged, my conduct is something I take very VERY seriously, as is the ability of the business of which I am a part, to continue to operate without being threatened unduly by nefarious persons. As a result of the nature of the accusations made against myself and my business, and the threat they represent toward those things, and by extension my family, our ability to house, clothe, and feed ourselves, I have not been able to remain unaffected by this state of affairs.

So, to reduce War and Peace to the size of a trash novel, I am VOLCANICALLY angry at this point. I will do my level best to ensure that what I am feeling at the moment does not affect my conduct on this site, but would ask that members bear with me during the time between now, and the resolution of this issue, if I should fail to totally filter out the entire sum of the tectonic fury I am held in the grip of at this time.

Thank you all in advance, for your understanding in this matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If you need an out ... consider a flight to Korea. You're covered.

ETA: I don't mean anything like running from the troubles you're facing or deserting family. If you need to get away from it all ... change of pace ... change of scenery kind of thing. I'd love to spend some time with you in a real conversation over a real beer.
edit on 1472014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There are a few of us here that feel your pain. Just know that you will do well in the long run because you do care about your business and your customers, and Karma will likely get that person back if you are unable.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
No matter how good you are there is always some little vexatious phallic head that comes along to try and spoil everything.

Having been a person who investigated these sorts of things, my very first suggestion is to dig, dig and dig some more to determine if this person is in any way connected to an opposition business, usually a bigger one.

Other than that have faith in the lower courts, they generally work fairly well.

Have a pint and try not to worry. Worry is interest on a problem that is not yet due and may never be due.

P

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm sure that you and your family have quite a history of customer satisfaction. I know this is outrageous to have to be dealing with, but I feel confident that things will eventually work out in your favor. I hate people who cause such chaos for whatever their weird reasoning may be. Go get 'em tiger! In the meantime I will be thinking of you and saying prayers and sending positive light and love your way. HUGS!!!!!!!!
edit on 14-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Quite understandable ..
1. step out and take out some aggression on an inanimate object.
2. blare music.
3.grab a drink
4. take a deep breath and relax ..

Theres always the occasional idiot who will try to make life hell .. dont let them get to you not worth lowering yourself to their level ..
keep calm .. stand firm you will be cleared ..

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I take it your being sued. Here in america it comes with the job. Locksmithing that is. I understand your pain & angst. I'm not a locksmith....electrician/home renovator here. Been sued plenty of times, I have never had a judgment against. All went my way. Normally a homeowner who just does'nt want to pay their bill. My advice, if you gave sound service, and sound customer service and you can prove this ( maybe with other customers) as charactor witness's, then you should have nothing to worry about. Should you.

Here in America in my business, I actually account for the fact I may be sued in my cost to do business. Yes. it's sad. But it's the world in which we live. I have aslo taken more than my fair share of people to court for none payment. There again, I have never had a judgement against. Meticulous record keeping, plenty of photos. I have a little thing I do. I will take a picture of a completed project with the home owner in the photo. I then ask the home owner to "sign off" on the project and the cost's. That goes into the file for that project. Hard to argue in court your un-happy, when there's pics with smiles and signatures spelling happy. Works for me. Good luck in court. If you gave the service you said you did. You have no problem. Again Good Luck. OYM1262 PS. If you prevail in court. You should think about a counter-suit if you have the resolve. At least ask for them to pay your costs of court and your lost wages due to frivalous lawsuit.
edit on 14-7-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
It is therefore, utterly devastating to us, that we are now being targeted by a person who has begun a legal challenge against us, a part of which is a spurious allegation about the manner and conduct of myself, which pertains to a failure of customer service quality.
We, of course, will be combating this allegation in court...

When you win (because you will) are you able to receive compensation from this douche wad for your unnecessary court costs?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think it's called "venting" ATS is a good place to vent. Not all threads are about UFO & crop circles. Sometimes, those of us who have been here awhile ( like the OP) use ATS as a venting mechanism. I can assure you this particular OP could care less about the stars .a reply to: Poppcocked

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I really appreciate all the warm wishes and support from you all. You have no idea how valuable that is right now.

a reply to: Poppcocked

I am under some considerable mental stress at the moment Poppcocked, and have rather more important things on my mind just at the moment, than the precision of my use of grammar and punctuation. So, if you would not mind clarifying just what it is about my OP that drew criticism from you, I will seek to adjust in future, the elements of my delivery which you find unacceptable, assuming your complaint is valid.

edit on 14-7-2014 by TrueBrit because: Corrected grammatical error.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sorry for your situation my friend and while there's nothing I can do besides remind you that many of your countrymen, and the countrymen of almost every nation, enjoy a trip to Thailand now and again, and again, and again...And again.

I've been living here for just over 2 years and can almost guarantee that upon returning home, you'll be relaxed and without a bad thought in your head save for the reluctant walk onto the plane home.

Hope things on the road to normalcy are quick and painless!

Cheers

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sounds like a road rage type of customer to me True. Not that that should mean you treat this lightly.

I know you are in a smallish town, and as another poster mentioned....ask around.....he might do this kind of thing quite regularly.

Also, didn't you mention you have quite a lot to do with the Chamber of Commerce?.....there lie your allies who know someone who know someone.......who know the magistrate

Rainbows to you and your mum my friend
Jane

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hey!

While I appreciate your sentiments, I feel that back channeling this issue would be vastly dishonourable on our part, both as a business, and as individuals. Our honour has been assaulted by the person concerned already, and I would not suffer another mark being made against it, by forces without, or forces within. To use any small influence we may be able to call upon (which would be very small indeed, if any at all), to skew things in our favour would be an unacceptable method of resolution.

*stern face*

This matter will be dealt with according to the law, in spirit and in letter, if it is to be dealt with at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is a matter which is being looked into by ourselves and our solicitors as we speak. We are told that any serious consideration given to this, would be best dealt with when we are closer to an initial ruling on the matter, as we have not even entered into the mediatory segment of the legal process at present. This aspect therefore, is better looked further into, at a point in the future.

However, the noises being made by the people we have consulted on this matter, have been uniformly positive thus far, and so I have every expectation of being able to recoup any loss we might suffer through costs, from the person concerned at a later date.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
However, the noises being made by the people we have consulted on this matter, have been uniformly positive thus far, and so I have every expectation of being able to recoup any loss we might suffer through costs, from the person concerned at a later date.

Good, I hope you run him into the ground. Messing with people's livelihood is a reprehensible affair.

edit on 14-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

G,day mate.
you have been given some good advise from the likes of Pheonix and Pat.
i would like to add
take it easy, stay focused and good luck

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You misunderstood me True. I would expect no less of you than to 'do it by the book'.
I was merely trying (and obviously failed) to point out that other businesses might already have had dealings with this chap.
The magistrate thing is where you misunderstood me I think. If somebody of that position, who might know this chap, might just have a quick word in his lughole so to speak......that saves you and the courts (and thus tax payers) stress and costs.

You have to admit, there are many a case brought to court where it can all be sorted outwith.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Ah!

I should have known better! You see where this matter has placed my head!? Good grief!

It's a bloody good thing I have some time off coming to me. I think I shall have great need of it, by the time it comes around!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I would agree with Angel. You have to do what you have to do to protect you and your family. This is still violence, though of another type directed at your business.

Here in the States a person can be labeled a Vexatious litigator in court. When that happens to the individual, it can be hard to bring any lawsuit. Is there some similar law in the UK?

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary

My sister has been fighting a [Censored] neighbor for over a decade now, and he doesn't even live there! It's a vacation property. He's trying to take family property through any means necessary. He been guilty of fraud and forgery and yet still brings lawsuit after lawsuit.

I'll be moving back soon and will be combining or finances and resources and the plan will be to put him in his place once and for all. Lawfully of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join