It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structures/bases on the far side of the moon - where is ATS at

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It does't really matter what the consensus is. A substantial proportion of 5 year olds believe in Father Christmas, but this is not proof that Father Christmas exists as a real person.

What matters is evidence, and there is no evidence of an alien presence on the moon that stands up to any scrutiny.

The 'evidence' that is given is generally either from well meaning and over-enthusiastic misinterpretation of poor quality photographs, or lies from people making money. Alien base myths are founded on mistakes and lies, not facts.

We have detailed surveys of the moon by 3 different space agencies. No artificial structures other than those that should be there from Russia, China and the USA. We have telescopes capable of resolving the details that people claim are there. No bases.

No amount of wishful thinking is going to make those aliens appear.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile Project Horizon was a military project to to study the feasibility of putting a base on the moon, then they "cancelled" it. It would have become operational in the early to mid 60's. If they are up there, at least they have wi-fi now.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
So I have been recently reading about these structures and bases on the far side of the moon, as well as seeing these photos of odd shapes which look structural, and areas photo brushed out.

I'm am here to simply ask a couple of questions, and although I know there will be difference of opinions I am curious what the OVERALL opinion is on this.

- what is the consensus on ATS on this subject and photos, fake, real, etc ?

- what is the most compelling evidence to support there is an alien colony of the far side?

Hmm Far Side of the Moon .. use your best Judgement..

Apollo 11 photo reveals base on far side of moon

Written by Dr Michael Salla on July 7, 2013. Posted in exopolitics research, science and technology

exopolitics.org...

Or Could it be something from >? > ?

Project A119
en.wikipedia.org...

Remains of a Project ? tho it was said that Neither the Soviet Nor Americans Carried it out ( Cancelled ) of Fear of Public Reactions ??? or did the when Along and Had a go ahead

Project A119, also known as "A Study of Lunar Research Flights", was a top-secret plan developed in 1958 by the United States Air Force. The aim of the project was to detonate a nuclear bomb on the Moon which would help in answering some of the mysteries in planetary astronomy and astrogeology, and had the explosive device not entered into a lunar crater, the flash of explosive light would have been faintly visible to people on earth with their naked eye, a show of force resulting in a possible boosting of domestic morale in the capabilities of the United States, a boost that was needed after the Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race and who were also working on a similar project. Neither the Soviet nor the US Project A119 were ever carried out, being cancelled primarily out of a fear of a negative public reaction, with the potential militarization of space that it would also have signified, and because a moon landing would undoubtedly be a more popular achievement in the eyes of the American and international public alike. The existence of the US project was revealed in 2000 by a former executive at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Leonard Reiffel, who led the project in 1958. A young Carl Sagan was part of the team responsible for predicting the effects of a nuclear explosion in low gravity and in evaluating the scientific value of the project. The project documents remained secret for nearly 45 years, and despite Reiffel's revelations, the United States government has never officially recognized its involvement in the study.

en.wikipedia.org...

So in the Meantime Read some article's

Dark No More: Exploring the Far Side of the Moon

Posted By Bill Dunford

2013/04/29 19:11 UTC
www.planetary.org...

Tsiolkovsky Crater Extreme Close-Up
www.planetary.org...

Imagery From the LRO Camera
www.nasa.gov...-h

NASA Mission Returns First Video From Moon's Far Side
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Problem is I can easily say yes their are aliens bases on the moon, but people will want proof, and no doubt they'll ask for a link, which is the disappointing part, because they expect real proof from the internet!
Well to them type of people, good luck using google to find mankinds most top secret cover up! Or any search engine for that matter!
Proof is not in the public eye and never will be, the implications are too astounding.

I believe in the words of Dr Edgar Mitchell more so than any person on here.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Jiggy, I've always appreciated the way you express yourself on the boards.

Let's think about this though ... logically. The Moon is an inhospitable place. Not much gravity, not much water, no air to speak of. The Earth is just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Now ... who the heck is gonna build something up there? NASA surely hasn't. So, who does that leave? An ancient Earth civilization that's left out of the history books ... or aliens.

As for aliens, if they've made it all the way across interstellar space, it's doubtful they travelled with the resources to setup an outpost. Doubtful that they'd come here to set up an observation post on our nearest satellite just to watch (are we really that interesting?).

I don't know about any ancient Earth civilizations. I leave that to the readership of these forums for speculation. In my book, that's the 1% I give to Sky.

Oxygen can be extracted from the rocks and water from our urine. Where there's a will theres a way IMO. That said, I believe if there are currently operable bases on the moon now it isn't aliens but an "Above Top Secret" branch of the military that has been ongoing since at least the 60's. If the bases are inoperable than I'd wager they were from a now defunct race that we barely understand and heard of but likely those from Zep Tepi (the first times) possibly Atlantis or Lumeria.

There is simply no practical purpose for aliens to be lurking around our only satellite unless they are our creators or our salve masters. What can really be learned from studying us except maybe to do a comparison of us and monkeys. We all run around throwing # at each other, the difference is humans throw # with warheads. *shrug* what infinite wisdom can be gleamed by studying such behavior by a race that can travel star systems? That's like me traveling around the world to watch two beetles battle over a dung pile. Who benefits?
edit on 14-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Here is one video I have recently come across about a base on the moon. I am not sure about the source, but it does look to be some Apollo footage.

Theories about aliens on the moon and secret agreements with man about experiments and technology does have a lot of supporting information when looking into the repercussions of such a situation. As for what the exact big picture is looks a bit foggy, a diverse culture of many different species is one common trend in the literature.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The vast majority if not all of the moon footage there is through amateur telescopes. You can tell by the atmospheric distortion and the compensation they keep having to make for the Earth's rotation.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Another common trend was to make the citizenry believe they were more powerful than they actually were. This allowed the governors to enjoy better creature comforts because when it came to communicating with the gods, one should spare no expense. A keen understanding of astronomy or even the basic understanding of it would go a long way in convincing ignorant, illiterate and un-evolved people of there ability to connect with the gods.

Such evidence presented currently in regards to some secret hobnobbing between aliens and government could simply be modern day propaganda to fool enemies and servants alike that they are more powerful than they really are. Not unlike the bull# peddled by Richard "Falcon" Dotty and Robert "Condor" Collins regarding the MJ-12 docs and them Zeta folks building co-op bases with military.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
So I have been recently reading about these structures and bases on the far side of the moon, as well as seeing these photos of odd shapes which look structural, and areas photo brushed out.

I'm am here to simply ask a couple of questions, and although I know there will be difference of opinions I am curious what the OVERALL opinion is on this.

- what is the consensus on ATS on this subject and photos, fake, real, etc ?

- what is the most compelling evidence to support there is an alien colony of the far side?

it is just some fantasy created by someone and popularized here in ATS by a fellow called John Lear who already proven again and again as a liar and hoaxer.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Why wouldn't 'They' tell us if they found something there?

Can you imagine the excitement? Can you imagine the public demand for investment in space flight?

If NASA had found anything worth seeing, we'd know about it, and we'd have a massive space program with a manned base on the Moon by now, conducting research and excavations.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am undecided. No matter which way it turns out ... structures or no structures ... I wouldn't be surprised. It's entirely possible that there are some ancient structures there and 'they' aren't telling us. But it's also possible that nothing is there. So ... no opinion either way.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: resistanceisfutile

I am of the opinion that there is nothing to see up there. People like to make up stories.

99% agree with you. The 1% says it never hurts to look though..

Just mere fact that NASA isn't investigating "in your face" strange 'rocks' or objects with Curiousity on Mars this 1% has changed into 2%.

This "weird" behaviour of NASA does make me think that they maybe are investigating these interesting objects on Mars but not telling and showing us. NASA is still using the Brookings Rapport as a guide line when it comes to extraterrestrial encounters. With that I mean to say that NASA isn't informing the public when they bumb into evidence of other than Earth civilizations.

NASA is a wonderful example when it comes to having an open mind when investigating space for biological life. In spite of the fact that they say that the search for biological life is an important part of their existence they fold close to the public at evidence for an ancient civilisation on an other planet. Anyways, that is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

The vast majority if not all of the moon footage there is through amateur telescopes. You can tell by the atmospheric distortion and the compensation they keep having to make for the Earth's rotation.

Thanks for that, it does make sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax

originally posted by: glend

First question we should ask ourselves, if they found alien artifacts on moon or mars would they tell us?

Soon we won't have to worry them telling us anything. There are several privately funded moon explorations in the works, including Google's Lunar X Prize.

Instead of relying on a secretive government that has an agenda, we the people can just go see for ourselves.

Them?

And you are willing to trust a privately-funded mission as being "agenda-free"? I expect this trust would disappear once they confirm no such structures exist.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't know what is up there but if you have ever used a clone tool, then you know what it looks like when it has been done poorly. There are numerous examples of airbrushing and clone tool usage in dozens of NASA pics of the moon and mars. Why ?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: allenixchilaxin
and yes John Lear is an idiot.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: allenixchilaxin

There's another thread at the moment where what is obviously hair and other bits of crud on a scanner being mistaken for alien structures. You can also find plenty of examples of photos with imperfections that could easily be altered to make the image better.

If I wanted such imperfections editing out for publication purposes, I would edit them out. The original photographs are always available, and have been for decades before Photoshop made routine editing of digital images possible.

Another issue here is that NASA are often accused of editing things out when actually all people are seeing is a combination of poor image quality and something that they think should be there that isn't.

"Hey, there's no alien base here, they must have edited it out"

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's funny how on the daily I see people's comments saying things along the lines of "that's not true" or "they're just making it up" so my question to those people are why are u on here??? Why so quick to shut it down? Are u guys CERTAIN of this? If so, then by all means LAY THE FACTS, if not, then let us speculate in PEACE. So annoyed by some members on here. Go be a member of a skeptic site. DUECES.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Given how sparse intelligent alien life appears to be so far, it wouldn't make sense for them to leave substantial numbers of artifacts on every little speck of rock floating in the galaxy, our relatively ordinary Moon included.

Once again, here is an illustration of how people fail to grasp just how big space is and just how insignificant our place in it is.

Ahh! but you see, our Moon is our resource, except we ain't there, even though science itself is saying, 'time to mine the Moon', and they're saying that now! So if we want to mine the Moon, so should any other Geezers knocking about space.

www.channel4.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FeistyFemme

So annoyed by some members on here. Go be a member of a skeptic site. DUECES.

I believe there are plenty of fantasy websites to speculate on these matters also. ACES.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join