It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official, can't stand even being in a city anymore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus Yep Metallicus, that's the thing. Country living is great but if health problems ensue and you can't upkeep the property as much as necessary....that ruins that. Here in Louisiana, the other problem we had was we lived at 2 different country areas and the logging/fracking companies came in and spoiled the tranquility, spoiled the water and chased away the wild life. Had to move to smaller towns and had to move twice again as both residences were ruined by the immigrant/illegal invasion...the noise and rudeness and garbage and more.

Ended up in a semi-wooded community in the town near Barksdale Air Force Base. The home community we live at has cedar wood fencing all around, woods/swamps behind us. We still get to see occasional deer, rabbits, raccoons, turtles, snakes and such. Only problem, we are at the end of AFB runway. Wow, those jets make noise. Can't have it all I guess. Louisiana is like that. You can have feast and famine all in one block. Mostly though, I like Louisiana even though I am a transplanted "Yankee".

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Absolutely!

In my younger life I've been a urban city dweller, always enjoying the hustle and bustle, sights and sounds of the city.
But as I've gotten older, every day in traffic, ever night with noisy city life and neighbors, has started to wear on me.
My parents are considering buying land and building a house outside the city when they retire, and I have a very strong feeling to sell my house and join them (by helping them buy the land, and building my own house close to them).
Enough is enough, bring on the starlight!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I spent a lot of my life living in cities. Dallas, Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles - and all of the worst things happened in cities. Once, I went to my car and found a window smashed - nothing stolen, so just random vandalism. Another time, I arrived at my car to find someone had used a jack to open up my dash to steal my stereo - $1000 of damage to steal a $100 junk stereo. Waking up at 2 AM to the sound of someone trying to break in my front door (they ran as soon as they were staring down the barrel of a .38 special).

I don't miss cities one bit.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join