It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm am fairly certain that the US didn't build an aircraft carrier sized spacecraft, in LEO, without anybody noticing.

For one...it would have been visible from the ground with cheap amateur telescopes...and the construction would take years based on our current delivery methods.

For two...it would be aircraft carrier sized in about a decade (so if we started research today, it might be that small in a decade)...to make it anywhere past the moon with crew, supplies, fuel, and storage space all with the intent to increase mass at the destination, and return home.

For three...just warming up engines that could move this kind of craft would be easily detectable by every 1st and second world nation...

Oh, who am I kidding...of course the US has them. They have even been winning a war against some alien aggressor without our knowledge...laser beams and all that.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sounds he was paraphrasing for different kinds of vehicles, not trying to leak some secret. I do believe in the space navy or whatever its called. but i dont think this is a secret code.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

power perceived is power achieved? that is how I took it we don't have to have them exactly as long as our enemies THINK we have them.

not to say i don't think the government would not be working on such things how far along they are on such things is up for debate,but I think we can all agree the us air force would love it some star ships.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Oh they would, but they wouldn't get them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There's another thread about this, and I'll say the same thing here. If you sit down and really think about it, the Air Force is a bad choice for starships.

^^^ This.

Think about what most resembles a starship, and you'll know exactly which military branch would have them

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There's another thread about this, and I'll say the same thing here. If you sit down and really think about it, the Air Force is a bad choice for starships.

^^^ This.

Think about what most resembles a starship, and you'll know exactly which military branch would have them

I am aware of no US military branch that employs cubes as vehicles?

None that employ heavy use of spheres, either.

Naval ships in space was hugely popular for anime...not really all that functional for reality. Heck, the only reason our current prototypes even resemble ships is because we lack the technology to make them the ideal shapes for space.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Me thinks the Air force guys here are trying to lead us on for laughs.

Sorry if im wrong. But just seems like some leg pulling

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Me thinks the Air force guys here are trying to lead us on for laughs.

Sorry if im wrong. But just seems like some leg pulling

I think they're having a fit of "little-brother-itis"

Feeling a bit left out of the loop.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Oh, the USAF does indeed launch things from Vanderburg and other launch facilities -- but they're pretty much tasked to LEO (low Earth orbit). The idea of "starships" would not be with the USAF. It certainly sounds plausible at first glance, and that's probably why it was included in the commercial. Misdirection? Perhaps...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Or to invoke mental imagery of grandiose designs.

It's a marketing pitch...it is supposed to make you want to enlist in the Air Force.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Indeed it is a marketing technique.

But if we're going to be using nuclear reactors for space flight, it wouldn't be the USAF. The USAF doesn't deal with nuclear reactors very much if at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
But if we're going to be using nuclear reactors for space flight, it wouldn't be the USAF. The USAF doesn't deal with nuclear reactors very much if at all.

I don't think that would be an actual problem, as we aren't go to go very far on nuclear power anyways.

To be completely honest, humans will most likely never actually take an interstellar trip in the traditional sense. We are far more likely to launch probes (capable of far harsher environments and speeds than us) that will go to the distant places, and deploy technology that lets our frail parts travel much more safely and efficiently.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

To be completely honest, humans will most likely never actually take an interstellar trip

Olympus.

Thats all I'm ever going to say.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A buddy of mine who was in the Air Force said that there was talk about ten years ago of the Air Force having a base on the moon within a decade, we're beyond those ten years now.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
A buddy of mine who was in the Air Force said that there was talk about ten years ago of the Air Force having a base on the moon within a decade, we're beyond those ten years now.

And, still no lunar base.

It's almost...and I do dare say it...the military is not nearly as far ahead as some people seem to believe.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

As far as you know.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA

And, still no lunar base.

It's almost...and I do dare say it...the military is not nearly as far ahead as some people seem to believe.

While I can't say I know more than you or any other civilian, and am not trying to say you are wrong; It is impossible for "us" to know how far ahead they actually are. It is easy to say they don't have things because you don't know about them but that doesn't necessarily make you correct. That doesn't mean I am advocating you should believe we have interstellar spaceships and moon bases because joe on ATS says we do, but I think it is naive to disbelieve everyone on ATS just because it doesn't make sense to you. We can look at how far ahead of the world they were 40-50 years ago, and extrapolate that into todays technology and assume they haven't slowed down their pace, if anything I think it is safe to assume they have sped it up.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

To be completely honest, humans will most likely never actually take an interstellar trip

Olympus.

An oldie but goodie?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

aww christ.. .Now my interest is piqued. If you want to PM me feel free

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

Olympus.

Olympus Mons?.. hmmm

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join