It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Astr0

Not just ANY nuclear propelled craft but the most bad ass awesome "makes everything else obsolete up till that moment we developed our magnetic wave warp drive" nuclear propelled craft

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, I went there.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: crazyewok

I've learned a lot since those days. But why couldn't it be an allied force in space instead of an American one?

How would you keep such a thing classfied?

I mean the man power on such a projects would be in the 10,000's? Someone will blab.

I think at this stage with such classified projects and operations happening for 50+ years it has reached levels far beyond anything considered "normal" for us. My guess would be that the employees for such projects are born into the project and live there lives in the project. They wouldn't employ people from earth, let them go out on operations then say "great job, you can go back home now, no talking m'kaaay". It's too great a risk.

The logical way in my mind to operate such highly classified missions with such vast technology would be to have an "off-shoot" society located off world with minimal interaction here except when completely necessary. Anyone they deem important to the program could be "killed" here (missing plane perhaps?) then they would live the rest of there life in the project.

Far-fetched, but that's what I would do, assuming all this technology exists of course

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

If the US really did have a Star command and a space fleet, don't you think the Russians and Chinese would know about it.

If they did, what do you think they'd do... 1, either nuke the hell out of the US and it's allies or 2, they are a part of a worldwide coalition out there...

Which would mean that everything else going on around us is just a "wag the dog", costing thousands of lives every day to keep up the charade...

Having said all that, I don't think the US has a star fleet, because of the two above reasons... 1, the US is still here and 2, the crap that goes on around us every day is very real.>!!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

The question is, what's the difference between a starship and a spaceship?

Starship has interstellar capabilities.
Spaceship or spacecraft is what we know what NASA uses publicly

That's my two cents

what is 'interstellar' by your definition ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If you guys hear closely, he also mentioned "propeller planes" So, i really think its a marketing gimmick. What you guys thing?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: assbandit
If you guys hear closely, he also mentioned "propeller planes" So, i really think its a marketing gimmick. What you guys thing?

USAF still use propeller planes like their osprey and helicopters and hercules garbage haulers.. i dont know if US still operate the Sherpa and Spartan ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000

If the US really did have a Star command and a space fleet, don't you think the Russians and Chinese would know about it.

If they did, what do you think they'd do... 1, either nuke the hell out of the US and it's allies or 2, they are a part of a worldwide coalition out there...

Which would mean that everything else going on around us is just a "wag the dog", costing thousands of lives every day to keep up the charade...

Having said all that, I don't think the US has a star fleet, because of the two above reasons... 1, the US is still here and 2, the crap that goes on around us every day is very real.>!!

As cool as a USAF fleet sounds. And how the USA so should have gone down the orion route in the 70's the above is why im skeptical.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Well. By my opinion, interstellar is a area in relation to other stars or star formations.

Good enough for you? I'm close I'm sure. Google it yourself to get many other definitions of.
edit on 15-7-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
yes the usaf has starships, what a joke. you guys should get your heads examined.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You mean like how the US knew every detail of the Soviet space program?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You mean like how the US knew every detail of the Soviet space program?

I think a fleet of orions would have been detected. Even if built in LEO the manpower for one would make a secret like that hard to keep, secondly in LEO or even high earth orbit a wake of nuclear explosions would be detected.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If they were built at a Lagrange point what makes you think they would even notice the first detonation? And if they were launched in pieces as, say, a classified satellite, and assembled at say Skylab while it was up there, they could be conventionally boosted out.

There are ways around detection.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If they were built at a Lagrange point what makes you think they would even notice the first detonation? And if they were launched in pieces as, say, a classified satellite, and assembled at say Skylab while it was up there, they could be conventionally boosted out.

There are ways around detection.

The question is why?

such a program would cost Trillions.

and sure the US have "lost" Trillions over the years,

And likley its a allied job anyway so even more money.

But why bother?

Ok its super cool and beyond awesome.
But government dont do uper cool and beyond awesome things for the sake of being super cool and beyond awesome. Or at least not in secret anyway, ok the moon landers were cool but done publicly to show the world how awesome the USA is.

But to build a fleet for kicks then sit on it as a secret? Makes no sense.

edit on 15-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just wanted to chime in and say that you shouldn't concentrate too much on the Orion project....

Nerva

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Can you imagine if they could say go to Saturn or Jupiter and find diamonds that could be used for who knows what. Or go into deep space far from everything and grow even better crystals than they can in LEO, that can be used in lasers or optics.

Not to mention the simple fact that who owns the high ground owns it all. A fleet of hidden ships could stop any war cold, and there is no counter for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Shhhh! We're getting there.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Clairaudience
Just wanted to chime in and say that you shouldn't concentrate too much on the Orion project....

Nerva

Orion craps on NERVA lol

They would just be manovring thrusters compared to a orion drive monster

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Can you imagine if they could say go to Saturn or Jupiter and find diamonds that could be used for who knows what. Or go into deep space far from everything and grow even better crystals than they can in LEO, that can be used in lasers or optics.

Not to mention the simple fact that who owns the high ground owns it all. A fleet of hidden ships could stop any war cold, and there is no counter for them.

Fair enough

But why the secret.

USA + freinds could reveal it tomorros and that would be it.

Western domination.

China and russia would have no choice but to toe the line.

North korea and iran? Could be blown off the face of the planet.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

NERVA is a lot more cost effective, considerably smaller and more realistic to execute/build/maintain/operate than the Orion project.

But anyway, this was just the start of what was to follow....
edit on July2014201415-0500fCDT10America/Chicago10 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Technology exploitation. If you out it, sooner or later they develop their own, and you start to lose your edge.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join