It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I've learned a lot since those days. But why couldn't it be an allied force in space instead of an American one?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Clairaudience

originally posted by: crazyewok
Only problem is if you launch a nuclear pulse ship the bangs so big the whole world will know you launched one.

It actually would be very inefficient to use a nuclear pulse engine to get the spacecraft into orbit. We have better ways to do that, using less fuel and obviously being a lot more low-profile. But using such an engine in space can accelerate you to insanely fast speeds in a very short amount of time.

Not really chem rockets can only really launch a 100 tons at a time. And just look at the price tag on the Saturn V rocket that could lift that!

NPP could get 8 million tons into orbit. The cost of getting 10,000 ton in orbit would be alot less than if using the chems.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I've learned a lot since those days. But why couldn't it be an allied force in space instead of an American one?

How would you keep such a thing classfied?

I mean the man power on such a projects would be in the 10,000's? Someone will blab.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Please don't get me wrong, I DO believe you. I agree that he was talking about what he liked as a child. I was just bringing up the point that if you watch the commercial alone, with out going to the internet or wiki to investigate further into the significance of the statement it is pretty open to interpretation. At least in my opinion. I was just being precise and arguing the specifics/semantics of the commercial alone, without any accompanying details like his BIO which would explain it.

Hope we are on the same page now, I am getting tired of talking about it
No sense in us both repeating ourselves over and over.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Maaaayn, I remember the good old days when they used to entice you to join up with the promise of Skiing.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You might be surprised. And honestly, even if they did, do you think the average person would buy into it? The ones that would would pretty easily be marginalized.

And I didn't say it IS happening, just pointing out some possibilities.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: eNumbra
I was just being precise and arguing the specifics/semantics of the commercial alone, without any accompanying details like his BIO which would explain it.

Fair enough, I may be too used to easily picking up more complex writing to even see a semantic issue.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i saw the other topic too...?

real or not.. it seems someone out there wants us to think they's got starships

stealth technology that'd make george lucas cream in his pies?

eventually "something" like this is going to happen.. why not now? we've been hearing about it for years..
ah well.. back to the spice mines

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I think its just advertising to be honest. Thats a pretty powerful commercial, with powerful images and an uplifting message for aspiring young men like myself who dream of being a pilot. Im not even gonna lie, when i see that commercial, in that instant i wanna go join the airforce, but then i realize im probably not the right guy to be selected for being a starship pilot, or even to be selected to fly a prop aircraft for the airforce.

i want in on the super top secret stuff, but admitting that probably kills any chance of me ever getting selected...i promise i wont tell anyone, guys! heck, fake my death or disappearance, just give me a chance to fly a star ship lol

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

politics groundside are just a farce to keep the masses occupied and looking down.

russia, china, india, EU, USA, etc. etc. - all major powers are in cahoots, a space program beyond launching probes, landers, and tiny crews into orbit, would undeniably take the combined forces of all the nations of earth, or atleast the most populous and wealthy.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Someone else first posted this in this thread, so I am not trying to take credit for it but is a damn interesting read and very relevant to this discussion. Just in case anyone missed it or decided not to check it out the first time. I implore you to check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well...

Now that was a read and a half. Some of the questions in there are eerily accurate,

Solar Warden - wasn't THE projects name, it was and is a weapons name. A huge retractable / inflatable system that gathered up energy from the sun to power its rail gun. (The reason for alack of nuclear power plant aboard was to defeat Soviet sensors that were amazingly accurate at sniffing out EM fields - this sprang from their desire to be able to determine false from real ICBM war heads)

When it goes 'cold' it presents a conical shield towards the ground. When the war fighting command is given, voila, powers back up, gathers in the rays and starts seeking.

edit on 14-7-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I rewatched the youtube very slowly playing and pausing very quickly as I went and I tried to capture what was displayed on the screen when certain words were spoken ... and this is the result of the screen captures I took ...

"Airplane"

"Jet"

"Rocket"

"Spaceship"

"Starship" [two screen grabs]

And then it quickly cuts to this frame ...

and the commercial continues on from there!

Its my opinion that the pictures are of the following ...

Airplane: combat aircraft such as the JSF.

Jets: Cockpit view looking out of jet fighter from next to pilots helmet.

Rocket: The Shuttle Launch Vehical

Spaceships: The Shuttle with cargo bay door open and HABLAB present.

Starships: 1st Nuke detonation flash followed by another 2nd Nuke detonation flash slightly away from the 1st one.

I am going to stop here and declare that is ORION!

And then that is all quickly covered over by the long after shot of in cockpit looking back from in front of pilot with wing visible.

Now as for what Zaphod said ...

Project Orion (nuclear propulsion)

Image of the smallest Orion vehicle extensively studied, which could have had a payload of around 100 tonnes in an 8 crew round trip to Mars. On the left, the 10 meter diameter Saturn V "Boost-to-orbit" variant, requiring in-orbit assembly before the Orion vehicle would be capable of moving under its own propulsion system. On the far right, the fully assembled "lofting" configuration, in which the spacecraft would be lifted high into the atmosphere before pulse propulsion began. As depicted in the 1964 NASA document "Nuclear Pulse Space Vehicle Study Vol III - Conceptual Vehicle Designs and Operational Systems."

Further reading on nuke tests in space ... Operation Fishbowl

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Dude, nice work. That Airplane screen shot looks like the Raptor to me. Based on my very, VERY civilian expertise. Anyone else see that? Not that it is important, just flexing my mad airplane spotting skills. The other ones are very interesting, I like the Orion interpretation. If they were in fact going for a theme then what else could they put up for Starship?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Yes, Raptor 100%.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Katchow, I am now an expert. Compared to my wife and son at least. Putting Airplane shadow spotter on my resume now.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke
LOL
Holy hell!

Great spot!

Talk about hidden easter egg.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know what I've always liked? The Apollo mission patches.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
You know what I've always liked? The Apollo mission patches.

Any in particular?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All of them, or is there a specific mission you are more fond of than the others? I am viewing them now myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join