It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
Sign me up for one of those starship jobs, it would be a dream come true for me to find out about the true nature of our space program, and to become a part of traveling to other worlds in our universe.

you need to change your way of thinking first. start trying to dream and dream more often. toss away all prejudices and thought of materialism. Then you might get a dream time visit from our space brothers.

Anyway back on topic. New aircraft using liquid lenses huh? sounds like something similiar to the way water magnifies objects or if totally still reflections. maybe they have come up with a way to make the water in the lenses maintain stillness with applied current?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes it uses liquid optics but the optical system uses a lot more cool stuff than just that. But I'll let others figure that out. Liquid optics is just a small part or component of the new optical system.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Ever hear of a substance called SAPHFIRE? Its a non conductive agent that acts just liek water does. You can dip electronics in it and it will not hurt them no matter the time of exposure. it also will not damage paper or electronics and thats why it is being used in some high rise buildings with alot of both.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Never heard of it. But that's not what I was getting at, or talking about. SAPHFIRE does sound pretty interesting. I'll look into it. But what I was talking about is a TYPE of thing you can do WITH/TO light or other SIMILAR things.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You don't happen to have any info on this project do you I would love to read about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaaer

It's being worked on. Hopefully there will be some more info in the coming weeks.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Saphfire flame supressor

Tells what it is in th e first sentences and lets you know its manufacturer. WHo if i am not mistaken has contracts with said company deving the new aircraft somewhere down the line.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Anyway back on topic. New aircraft using liquid lenses huh? sounds like something similiar to the way water magnifies objects or if totally still reflections. maybe they have come up with a way to make the water in the lenses maintain stillness with applied current?

We use immersion oil for higher magnification (100X) when looking at thin sections through petrological microscopes, so yes, depending on the refractive index of the liquid, it could work quite well

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Also, and apologies if this has already been posted: 4.4 trillion frame per second camera!

That's pretty quick!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This topic is getting less incredible by the day, thanks to the sanity being brought to the topic by some entirely credible sources.

I have three questions, and theoretical answers are fine, by the way.

1. How close was John Lear to actually telling the truth? Did he stumble onto reality, or did he say some of the more incredible stuff in order to stay alive?

2. Okay. We have stuff that can really get around, and they could be more way out than we ever imagined. To what end? What's the goal?

3. What have they found out there?

I'm sure there aren't clear answers to these queries, but I'm curious about what the informed speculation might be.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

They say starships for the same reason they say that the pay is great, the food isn't so bad, and that they won't send you away from your sweetheart. They want you to sign a promise to do whatever you're told for 4 years before they get into the nuts and bolts of what you will actually be doing.
edit on Fri 15 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri 15 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: sputniksteve

They say starships for the same reason they say that the pay is great, the food isn't so bad, and that they won't send you away from your sweetheart. They want you to sign a promise to do whatever you're told for 4 years before they get into the nuts and bolts of what you will actually be doing.

Thats for the mundane enlisted men. The good stuff is reserved for people chosen for their ability to keep secrets or be controlled. Ill make you a bet. if by 2044 just before new years eve that year if they have not brought out a USAF black tri ill give you 100 dollars in gold,but if they do bring one out you owe me 100 in gold sound fair?

And the only reason the thread does not seem as exciting is the explanations behind the said aircraft de mistyfying it.
Basically we are all the majicians telling you how the trick works.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ha!

I had a dream last night that ALL my favorite sci-fi shows were combined together. There was a huge celebration on "Earth" for the Battlestar Galacitica's people finding it. The Federation showed up, Klingons, Star Wars peeps, Ender and Valentine from "Ender's Game" and some showed up via a Stargate. It was a huge party.

Sadly, Starbuck was getting arrested for something, and there was a "stonehenge" made of pine trees that I remarked looked better cut down and as just stumps.

Space brother's indeed!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No action on that bet my friend, I was being both glib and serious without sufficient detail at the same time.

I take it as obvious to me, based on the government's MO, that we did not abandon space and F-117, SR-71, B-2, et al were right on the border between a generation and two generations obsolete by the time we were shown them. I think the JSF doesn't work because it's in a skipped generation of technology that we knew from day one would never be used- its just out there to explain where the money goes and conceal our true capabilities.

But they aren't recruiting black tri pilots on TV. I'll hazard a guess that whoever is working on those things has been put through the academy, proven himself on classified work for at least 8 years and made at least O-4 before he even gets screened, and if he washes out he still never hears about it.

But bet your butt that some college drop out is watching star trek and thinking, "man they're giving me a wink and a nod, I could be the guy who checks the wiring on that thing... i could know the secrets". And he joins up and he empties septic tanks in Alaska.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

What do you think I'm doing up here

*sigh*

Back on topic:

Liquid optics...*rubs chin* I would imagine that if you were to pressurize it that may add to it's capabilities?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Keep fighting the good fight my friend. We can't have our boys slipping in their own dookie when the Russians come. On a more serious note, great point about the Navy being the more logical choice for running a starship (i assume i'm reading between the lines correctly). I actually had that same thought when I was binge watching Stargate SG-1.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

But bet your butt that some college drop out is watching star trek and thinking, "man they're giving me a wink and a nod, I could be the guy who checks the wiring on that thing... i could know the secrets". And he joins up and he empties septic tanks in Alaska.

Awesome!
"Come join the airforce and be all you can be"
a $#!+ sucker

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lambchop

Take a look at the photo at this url and I think your question will answer itself:

www.educatinghumanity.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

still working out the bugs in the optical stealth? not quite all-aspect yet.

(a real warp drive makes gravitational lensing. I'm waiting for the UFO reports which say starfield get twisted and bent around them, but so far evertyhing looks like a black triangle instead of a black hole)
edit on 27-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel
That wasnt a black triangle of a UFO it was a small crack in the glass loks like to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join