It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Yep, your right, my bad. Sorry 'bout that..
I re-watched it and it is how you say, BUT, i still don't believe we have a "starship" to speak of.

I wish we did tho, lord knows i would love to be one of the first ones off this god forsaken rock....

Yes, one of few on here that can admit when i'm wrong... and i usually am lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Navy?

I reckon. They have submarines, which are self-contained units capable of operating in extreme and exotic environments (beneath the sea) with nuclear power.....

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ScorpiusMaximus

There was a certain program for a ship that could have made the outer solar system and back quickly. It made it as far as ground testing, and suddenly vanished. It always makes my radar twitch when that happens.

I'm not saying it does exist, but it's twitchy when programs get the axe for no good reason.
edit on 7/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Navy?

I reckon. They have submarines, which are self-contained units capable of operating in extreme and exotic environments (beneath the sea) with nuclear power.....

Yes..but the navy always maintained their know how on sea and space....when a need to know comes up..
It's always the Dept. Of the Navy.....and they did blow a Russian satellite out of space from a sea launch platform..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There was a certain program for a ship that could have made the outer solar system and back quickly. It made it as far as ground testing, and suddenly vanished. It always makes my radar twitch when that happens.

I'm not saying it does exist, but it's twitchy when programs get the axe for no good reason.

OK...hands are up..

Your saying..you ...YOU. are giving into the space travel.....thing... you! Zaphod...moderator of comments sense....
And suddenly my crud got real.........
Spill it Zaphod! What do you know...
Spill it and I'll give you my only cuff links of the first 10 years in CIA! Not mine but very real..,..
I have 4 more decades where those came from.... but...they are yours!
No more playing...
Spill it if it won't kill ya!

Sorry a collar pin......very real.....
edit on 13-7-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

4!

3 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2 ooooooooooooooooo

Before I say one....I gave you my twitter address... with a pic I just took of the first 10 years CIA PIN....

I realised you are signed out........
But come on man....it's still shiny since the 1960's...

Here's a little bit...come Sunday.....my family knew what the prez was going to read Monday morning...or Tues, weds,Thurs, and so on......dad was a bit of a drinker....and a map vault kinda employeeeeeeee.....now you and ATS knows!

On..oneeeee. 1111111111 awww common man...........
Wait...you have one already don't you?.......

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I saw that ad last night as well and it made me do a double take..

The term "star ship" implies interstellar.

That is a pretty big thing to slip up about. Or, the marketing firm creative types who ran the ad for the Air Force have a few brainless ones running around their midst..

Either way, double take..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

There's another thread about this, and I'll say the same thing here. If you sit down and really think about it, the Air Force is a bad choice for starships.

It seems pretty obvious that we would employ the Navy seeing as they have many years of experience operating in long term, contained environments.

A starship would just be a fancy submarine.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Correct me please if I'm wrong.
But the Air force changed their motto from Air and space to Space and Air a bit back right?

But I'm still sticking with Navy.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScorpiusMaximus

Yep, your right, my bad. Sorry 'bout that..
I re-watched it and it is how you say, BUT, i still don't believe we have a "starship" to speak of.

I wish we did tho, lord knows i would love to be one of the first ones off this god forsaken rock....

Yes, one of few on here that can admit when i'm wrong... and i usually am lol.

No worries man, and I apologize for sounding kinda brusk in that reply. I wasn't trying to rub your face in it or anything, was meant to be friendly. Hope I didn't rub you the wrong way with it. And I have to say that I respect a man more for his ability to admit when he is wrong than to always be right.

How does a magician do a magic trick?

Trust me, this is relevant.

Misdirection?

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

There's another thread about this, and I'll say the same thing here. If you sit down and really think about it, the Air Force is a bad choice for starships.

It seems pretty obvious that we would employ the Navy seeing as they have many years of experience operating in long term, contained environments.

A starship would just be a fancy submarine.

That is very astute of you. A lot better than my guess, which currently I didn't have one lol. I have to say that you are probably right though. Certainly makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well put!

And better than mine.
I was assuming navy because they have been around longer, gaining more Intel...,

Also.. as I go through the list of astronauts..it seems the majority is navy or marines......

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Well put! Put!
So we all agree navy then?
Or salvation army?
Nope! Navy!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki
Ya Iv'e always mused to myself military submarines are the closest thing to hte starship enterprise on Earth that I know of. They have a large crew and are in a hostile environment. Only difference is they're military. IMHO, they're more like star trek than the space shuttle or the space station just simply because they got a large crew. I remember reading the navy has sent subs under the poles to gain information. I think for a long time that was all we had to estimate the ice thickness.
edit on 14-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Is that ship public knowledge or insider knowledge? As in can we see it in any budgets or anything? If its public can you name it or link it? I am assuming you can't or you already would have. Just want to be sure though.

originally posted by: miniatus
People who make commercials for the government aren't in the "know" about what capabilities we have and don't have.. commercials are scripted, reviewed and approved..

Exactly, they have to be reviewed and approved. Do you believe that no one in the Airforce stopped to think, wait a minute we don't have Star Ships that's Sci-Fi? Or asked anyone else if that was a term the should be using? I don't believe that happened, I think it was done on purpose for what ever reason conspiracy or not.

However I am not offering this commercial as some kind of proof, I just found it extremely peculiar and wondered if anyone on AP did as well. Apparently, I am not alone. If you pay really close attention to who posts here, and whether or not their information is reliable as well as pay close attention to all the threads in the AP section you will start to change your mind about somethings, or at least become a lot more open minded, I certainly did. I have gained more knowledge in the Aircraft Projects section alone over the last month that I have started paying attention than I have in all my previous time on ATS I reckon. The people that post in this section are smart dudes, who have a lot of interesting things to say. A lot. Check out the thread linked in on the first page if you haven't already familiarized yourself with it. It is a really, really interesting thread. It starts getting really juicy on page 10 but I suggest you read it all if you have time. Then save it and go back to it after you get to know who the guys you listen to are if you aren't already familiar with AP section. I have automatically assumed you haven't so forgive me if I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

You might be surprised. There's at least one project for a high speed spacecraft that suddenly got canceled, despite everything going better than they expected. That's usually a pretty good sign of something going black.

Orion project (1960's) ?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Yup orion

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Yes the Air Force did preside over Project Orion for a few years. NASA came into being I think in the late 50's. At some point, it was determined Project Orion presented too much radiation concerns and was somethign that belonged at NASA. Then they killed funding in early 60's. Chemical rockets were already established and had none of the political hassles.

It's all a mute point now. They're working on thigns like this now:
www.theregister.co.uk - NASA-backed fusion engine could cut Mars trip down to 30 days...
edit on 14-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Would Voyager qualify now for "starship" classification now that it has left the solar system and travelling between stars? Maybe that is what he is talking about. Although I would like to think that real starships are available.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
US Navy, Air Force and DOE Project Prometheus:

It appears that the Navy has funded the next test device, WB7, and not gone in hook line and sinker and funded a 5 year 200 million push to achieve proof of concept: a 100MW generator. Though if proven, the best case scenario is electrical generation on a scale to replace most liquid fuels by around 2050, replace all coal fired plants by around 2050. Putting a man on Mars & Titan by 2035, Mars would be a 33 day trip, Saturns moon, Titan is 76 days. Normally these days, Mars is 180 days away.

www.dailykos.com...
www.space.com...

By the way, all accounts agree on the fact that the US Navy is keeping details of this program under tight wraps.
edit on 7/14/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

Also, Google HEPS or "high energy propulsion systems."
edit on 7/14/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I know before it got canned they were working on 100% fusion nuclear pulse and a few of the project scientists carriefd on in the employ of the USAF on black projects. The trail go dead there.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Do you know if the radiation concerns were for that of the public who might be exposed from it's take off or for that of the passengers? I appreciate you posting more info on it. I am trying to get through the episode of "The Strain" so was going to investigate tomorrow

Clay and Ewok great last 2 posts!
edit on 7/14/2014 by sputniksteve because: Commenting on other posts

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join