It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Did these school "chums" happen to be navy officers?

Have you been talking to Astr0?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Heh, well, reading astr0 and having my mind blown along with everyone else... if the man is yanking our collective chains then he deserves a book/movie deal and is an extremely creative sociopath... I (perhaps foolishly) believe him, though.

I went to a school for "brainiacs" (until they figured out their mistake re: me) and it was a place for spook recruitment ...and two classmates, at least, are in defense... and another few are in think-tanks.

I don't wanna get anyone in trouble... and truth be known the one who dropped hints never gave out anything too juicy... just the old drinks, questions and abrupt silences after questions I thought were ridiculous... the super juicy stuff came from guys that worked at Ft. Hauchuca (sp? always sucked at Indian names) in S. AZ and didn't go to school w/me... too old. They just said stuff I already knew about total electronic surveillance since the early 80's and then dropped huge hints about massive black space programs and exotic propulsion.

This stuff is so darned frustrating... if true, then people deserve to know. Not only would most of the things keeping me up at night (pollution,energy worries) be moot, but our collective human future would look much brighter and we need that info in our intelligence pool to properly expand on it... and knowledge like that belongs to everyone.

And if Aliens are involved... especially near god like tech capable aliens... then I do NOT want it all handled by small minded, paranoid warriors. Heck, I definitely don't want those folks having tech that fools with consciousness and it looks like its too late. I grew up with the military and there are fine, honorable, smart people involved... but there are also folks who are not... and we all know they tend to get promoted to power... mostly by default.

I really hope I get to see how the narrative turns out... at least I think I do.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

This stuff is so darned frustrating... if true, then people deserve to know. Not only would most of the things keeping me up at night (pollution,energy worries) be moot, but our collective human future would look much brighter and we need that info in our intelligence pool to properly expand on it... and knowledge like that belongs to everyone.

As I have already states I think they may be doing us a favour and they may be crap scared themselves at what they have.
Imagine Anti matter? Sure it would power the world. But what if NK got that tec? Imagine the threats? "give me $1 trillion or Il reduce the south Korean peninsular to a smoking hole?" or if ISIS/(insert other Muslim extremist group) got it? "all the world convert to Islam or we blow it up and take us all to allah to decide!".

You just have to look to the orion project to see this train of thought.
As part of the project they focused on making smaller, easier made nukes thats uses reduced amounts of Uranium or Plutonium and were extremely efficient.
The idea being the nukes would be cheap to make and would cause minimum fallout.

It deosnt say much in the public papers and books but that part went well, very very very well. We are talking nukes the size of coke cans that only needs a slither of radioactive material. One thing holding Iran and North Korea back is the difficulty in getting the refined Uranium.....well this tec if released would negate that, hence why its back really really really black! Venta black!

We may be able to use such tec responsibly but there are billions out there that would not.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, to all ... I'm not so idealistic that I'm brain dead... I know how people can be... but that goes for all people and black ops has little to no limits or controls... and I'm not advocating schematics online for all (hardly)... just the bare bones of "So and so exists ...and is possible... " especially for the big ideas and discoveries... that's all.

It is more than a bit worrying, though... I certainly get it. Some prudent control is needed... but it seems it's gone too far.

Opening up the world of ideas inspired from simply knowing this stuff exists might go far in combating some of the destructive, small minded ideologies out there... there is that...

ETA x2 I think I can better explain why I think too much secrecy is bad... or inefficient. It's been noted before in a much more artful ways, see information theory or another post anywhere on the internet, buuuut...

You have people A who believe the data they have is potentially destructive so they create a smaller, more controlled environment for the dangerous data , now group B... but that creates a new, separate group (civilization) that excludes some folks who might have helped improve something regarding the initial data due to the larger info pool... that civ B grows and looks far different than the initial A... then new data is found in group B and the one in control of finding it doesn't think most of the other folks can "handle" it... so another break-away group is formed, group C ... on to infinity.

Staying in group A would be more efficient. The secret group B (or X or Y) have now become equal to the initial data they found so strange and dangerous in the first place... for instance, in regards to possible alien discovery they, themselves, have become "alien."

Who's to say who can and can't deal with the data... secrecy in govt just comes from fear of unknown outcomes and the inability to deal with larger, more chaotic systems... along with the basic desire to keep the new and shiny thing in your own sandbox. We have to draw a line somewhere and be more inclusive and trusting of fellow intelligent beings while still staying "safe"... we can leave out specifics of certain data until any interested parties are vetted into the subgroup... but I think we should all stay in group A ...though subsets of A are fine...

It seems they are attempting to avoid this problem of smaller info pools due to secrecy by using the collective intelligence of group A ...while they are asleep! Why not just ask them?

ETA: says the guy with bed hair sitting in his underwear neglecting his home office duties... people... sigh
edit on 7/21/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/21/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ScorpiusMaximus

There was a certain program for a ship that could have made the outer solar system and back quickly. It made it as far as ground testing, and suddenly vanished. It always makes my radar twitch when that happens.

I'm not saying it does exist, but it's twitchy when programs get the axe for no good reason.

Can you share the name of the program? I'd love to read about it if it's publicly available, I'm intrigued.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Project Orion

There a good book to by George Dyson the son of one of the lead scientists Freeman Dyson.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yes, to all ... I'm not so idealistic that I'm brain dead...

Good. Critical thinking leads to creativity in the subconscious which leads to leaps and bounds made by a sleeping subject.

I know how people can be... but that goes for all people and black ops has little to no limits or controls... and I'm not advocating schematics online for all (hardly)... just the bare bones of "So and so exists ...and is possible... " especially for the big ideas and discoveries... that's all.

Once Orion Sprint was completed, the Earth governments left it largely to the 11 (Two Officers from each nation and one 'black ball' to veto or consent to a project), and that's when control span right out of any ones hands that could of brought it down to earth with a bump. it became a self sustaining guided pathway.

It is more than a bit worrying, though... I certainly get it. Some prudent control is needed... but it seems it's gone too far.

You do not know how badly I want to shake your hand right now. I'm old as many here have already guessed, and right now their are human children that have never set eyes let alone feet on Terra soil.

Opening up the world of ideas inspired from simply knowing this stuff exists might go far in combating some of the destructive, small minded ideologies out there... there is that...

We have a stone cold rule: No religion. None. We know there is a Creator, we know other galaxies have life, and ours is teeming with life too. Taking religion into the stars is a mockery of scientific exploration and connectivity.

You have people A who believe the data they have is potentially destructive so they create a smaller, more controlled environment for the dangerous data , now group B... but that creates a new, separate group (civilization) that excludes some folks who might have helped improve something regarding the initial data due to the larger info pool... that civ B grows and looks far different than the initial A... then new data is found in group B and the one in control of finding it doesn't think most of the other folks can "handle" it... so another break-away group is formed, group C ... on to infinity.

No - Our breakaway civilisation has no 'group C'. Why? because we value knowledge and discovery above all. Our children, grandchildren, they are raised and taught that exploration is to be celebrated, praised, honoured.

Staying in group A would be more efficient. The secret group B (or X or Y) have now become equal to the initial data they found so strange and dangerous in the first place... for instance, in regards to possible alien discovery they, themselves, have become "alien."

Staying in group A would of killed the project due to small minded narrow petty religious people. There would be no Men of Goodwill amongst the stars right now if we took 'Group A' as a way forward.

Who's to say who can and can't deal with the data... secrecy in govt just comes from fear of unknown outcomes and the inability to deal with larger, more chaotic systems... along with the basic desire to keep the new and shiny thing in your own sandbox. We have to draw a line somewhere and be more inclusive and trusting of fellow intelligent beings while still staying "safe"... we can leave out specifics of certain data until any interested parties are vetted into the subgroup... but I think we should all stay in group A ...though subsets of A are fine...

Islam versus Christians versus Jews versus... you think any of them would want to take a seat behind the other right now? its embarrassing. This is why we set up Olympus, and why right now as I type, the 'clock is ticking' so to speak.

It seems they are attempting to avoid this problem of smaller info pools due to secrecy by using the collective intelligence of group A ...while they are asleep! Why not just ask them?

hahaha that's a great one. 'Dear Citizens of Terra, at night time we need your collective brain power. We need you to plot the path of photons, planets, stars and galaxies so we can make giant leaps across the cosmos, to unscramble some puzzles we have come up against and for some, to travel with us as energetic beings so we can make sure your clones are happily connected to the grid. Oh and yes, those clones are kept well, as we need them more than we can explain right now. Sorry about that 3am crash call through your dreams'.

PS.

When we get to the critical mass of citizens we can utilise on Olympus, when they can take over the dreaming portion of our existence, humanity becomes then irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

You keep saying the clock is ticking and there is a schedule? For what? I have Pm'd if you dont want to share openly.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

the clocks ticking on how much longer earthlings can keep doing what we do before we destroy ourselves. The people on olympus are getting ready to move on and forget about the actual folks on earth. Leave us to destroy our selves. they will represent humanity in the universe. Soon they will have enough of their own population and wont even need to visit earth anymore for computational aid. leave us to our devices. And our own personal fate.

I think thats what he's getting at. the clock is ticking. they will be leaving us soon. and we are running full tilt boogie to our own destruction and it's our fault. religion, current cultures and priorities et all.

Hey astro, you have a PM sitting in your in box from last week. seeing if you have time to check it out.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Astro. most of the following is for the Olympus leadership.

my.... how nice it feels to be used and thrown away because of a few inconvenient character flaws. Science without faith in anything but that will eventually lead to another dead end that the originator species ran into. The leaders of Olympus know that right? I mean you should correct?

Even without cyborgization as they did. I do have to ask though. Why Do you think they you are so holier than thou so to speak? Oh were lucky enough to be able to been selected by corrupt men and governments to go foward and spread humans influence to the stars and leave all you poor suckers behind after we used you like a condom and tossed you away.How selfish and self serving the leadership of olympus are. How afraid and ball less do you have to be to abandon ship? How very Flawed and human.

Maybe its the feeling of rejection talking but if Olympus is such great collection of minds and scientific geniuses reveal the entire plan to the rest of the world from a safe distance of course to avoid getting nuked,but try it and see what happens. What do you have to lose now? absolutely nothing. Show some backbone.

Astro I like you alot man. If i could id ask to come with cause really there is nothing here for me on this planet except My friend Kristina. were both pretty open minded so if yall need a few more mundanes let em know. If the Olympus leadership has any moral highground they will at least offer some of humanity a choice to go with them or stay.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Interesting reply... and thanks for answering a fuddled, early morning attempt to sort out the nature of civilizations and information that I wished I hadn't posted as my head cleared.

I just feel, at the bottom of it all, that the breakaway isn't a good idea... although I totally agree it was necessary... at first.

The human race is great when all the pieces are employed... true, some people are deluded by wrong info or left stagnant by non access to information others are lucky enough to have... but there are a great many millions of people who know the way we exist is wrong and feel hopeless and trapped.

Heck, they ARE hopeless and trapped.

Human empathy is our greatest asset, or at least up there with processing power. A hand picked group of pragmatic scientists will leave out random, human factors that I think adds the "x" factor that is needed to enjoy our experience of existing, rather than simply reducing it to abstract concepts... reducing it all to component parts... we need different points of view for a more holistic approach... if that makes any sense.

I hope that if there is a breakaway civ, then they use their new resources, mental and technical, to help the ones left on Terra unfirma.

Otherwise...what the hell is the point?

edit on 7/25/2014 by Baddogma because: add- fix

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Interesting reply... and thanks for answering a fuddled, early morning attempt to sort out the nature of civilizations and information that I wished I hadn't posted as my head cleared.

I have an inate ability to find what a person is trying to convey to me no matter how garbled the wording may be.

I just feel, at the bottom of it all, that the breakaway isn't a good idea... although I totally agree it was necessary... at first.

I wrote a private reply to some one, but I will add the gist of the message here: Every decade, world leaders were approached. 'Please, let us reveal this to the people'. The answer was and always 'No'.

At first it was due to security - Crazywok is correct in their thoughts - devices made, materials, electronics, all were shrouded and channelled into 'SAP' projects.

Now? its basically about control, and how they (your leaders) will maintain their control over you all if we were to say 'here, share everything that we posses'.

The human race is great when all the pieces are employed...

If they are rational, critical thinking open minded people without fear and superstition choking the very life out of their existence, then I agree.

true, some people are deluded by wrong info or left stagnant by non access to information others are lucky enough to have... but there are a great many millions of people who know the way we exist is wrong and feel hopeless and trapped.

When they are asleep and working hard, mankind is capable of wonderful, sweeping, visionary works of such magnitude it makes the heart swell with pride. Then they wake up and go back to that small narrow petty field of view.

Heck, they ARE hopeless and trapped.

Yes, sadly that is true.

Human empathy is our greatest asset, or at least up there with processing power. A hand picked group of pragmatic scientists will leave out random, human factors that I think adds the "x" factor that is needed to enjoy our experience of existing, rather than simply reducing it to abstract concepts... reducing it all to component parts... we need different points of view for a more holistic approach... if that makes any sense.

Curiosity and the desire to explore and discover is THE greatest asset mankind has. That insatiable drive to explore new worlds and new stars. In short, growth. Artists are amazing, musicians, writers, poets, as long as they have a primary skillset that allows them to be of a connective use. They are however formidable dreamers and some of the best Forever Men we utilise.

I hope that if there is a breakaway civ, then they use their new resources, mental and technical, to help the ones left on Terra unfirma.

Otherwise...what the hell is the point?

The point? survival and taking our place as humanities fifth pillar. The 'Earth' was a sanctuary, a place of incubation, growth. It took vastly longer than anticipated for our return to the table, but we have made it. What do world leaders say to us?

'we like being in control of these billions, we don't want them set free'.

In 2044 we either sit at the table together, or we sit, as Olympians, as humanities fifth pillar.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

It occurs to me that if the breakaways are really as elite in morals as they are in knowledge, then they might do something about the intractability of Earth's leaders... it seems they have the means, now, to do whatever they want.

It's nice to hope, anyway...

So I must have missed some posts (actually, I've missed most and am now stalking you like a star crazed preteen to gather bits of info)... 2044 has a reveal day? Or a "later idiots" day?

I assume that if things are as you assert, then you have some permission to "spill." There is no privacy anymore with the tech we know about "down here"... if remote consciousness reading is commonplace, then there really is no way to be furtive.

ETA: and as far as the "point" ...knowing a portion of us, at least, have a shot is comforting... I rather meant that 70 plus years of working on the shoulders of giants ...as well as midgets... would indicate that someone was working towards something with an idealistic ending... using the Earth and leaving it to die just seems pointless in one sense... wistfully wonderful in another.
edit on 7/25/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It occurs to me that if the breakaways are really as elite in morals as they are in knowledge, then they might do something about the intractability of Earth's leaders... it seems they have the means, now, to do whatever they want.

The universe runs on freewill. You voted for this structure, you support it, mould it, empower it. You are the system that enslaves yourselves.

It's nice to hope, anyway...

We seed the desire to be free in your dreams. You know what 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% do with that? wake up, suppress it, and go back to their dogma and superstitions.

2044 has a reveal day? Or a "later idiots" day?

Farewell

I assume that if things are as you assert, then you have some permission to "spill."

I am under no permissions. I am acting of my own free will.

There is no privacy anymore with the tech we know about "down here"... if remote consciousness reading is commonplace, then there really is no way to be furtive.

The remote access is ours. We use it strictly for off world use. Nothing in your brains storage medium is ever used against a person.

ETA: and as far as the "point" ...knowing a portion of us, at least, have a shot is comforting... I rather meant that 70 plus years of working on the shoulders of giants ...as well as midgets... would indicate that someone was working towards something with an idealistic ending... using the Earth and leaving it to die just seems pointless in one sense... wistfully wonderful in another.

At the start, it was envisioned that the earth would become a starting place for our civilisation. We had the motivation, the methods, the ability and above all, the desire to build a peaceful star system wide civilisation. We also had a plan, a very strict time table to adhere to.

Then it went sour, the Military didn't want us unless we weaponised the craft, NACA / NASA didn't want it as we were all over their best minds at every step (you went to the moon in a tin can for goodness sake whilst we were accessing Saturn's moons on a weekly basis).

Now? now were are 300 years and climbing ahead of you. Why? because with your freewill you gave petty dictators the power to keep you in the dirt.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
I wrote a private reply to some one, but I will add the gist of the message here: Every decade, world leaders were approached. 'Please, let us reveal this to the people'. The answer was and always 'No'.

You don't need their permission or blessing. Do or do not, there is no ask.

It's not anybody's but your responsibility.

Any why ask people who have a vested interest in existing power, as opposed to the multitudes who have a vested interest in enlightenment and freedom?

Land at 200 worldwide universities.

edit on 25-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For everyone following this thread please read this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

WoW!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Anyone else feeling a tad lost and confused?

Unless all you guys claiming private verification are in on it, I'm at a loss... I keep spinning gears and looking at it from all angles... and the result is...

A) Astr0 is legit (and in that case this guy in Tucson, AZ would gladly volunteer as a janitor in starfleet... if any warm bodies are needed...) or

B) The other seemingly rational posters (and a Mod) are Astr0 in disguise, and/or doing some weird long term, mean con or a mean, long term psych experiment.

That outside verification is the one thing that keeps me from shaking my head and "going on" with my drudgery filled slave existence.

Any other possibilities occur to anyone? My cognitive dissonance just might break me here.

ETA I guess the posters claiming private verification might all be lying, too... but then that involves a group delusional effort that rivals a guy from a break away civ dropping in on the slave compound in novelty... almost.

edit on 7/27/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hi I am the same, at a loss too.
The conclusions I have reached read exactly the same as you. The last 3-4 months and probably since May the stuff he posted seemed that he was in the know. Again I have looked at it and questioned whether a certain Mod has been playing games with us all.
( no offence meant if you have not, just then where does that leave us?) If you read some of the stuff he guided you too, and how he explained it, then it made sense.
You can see why with that last post why he was not going to be sticking around!!! if you know what I mean.
If it was just a game then he fooled a lot of people. All I can say is I miss him and his juicy gossip ( eveytime I came on here lately all I was looking for was his posts)All I can do is quote from Hunter S. Thompson "Wow! What a Ride!!” a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: Astr0

You don't need their permission or blessing. Do or do not, there is no ask.

It's not anybody's but your responsibility.

Any why ask people who have a vested interest in existing power, as opposed to the multitudes who have a vested interest in enlightenment and freedom?

Land at 200 worldwide universities.

LEts just say the reason they dont go around the powers that be is very good. Trust them on that its for a good reason not because they are being stingy. If i could remove my previous rant I would as well. I was totally wrong and being selfish because i felt hurt a bit. typical human thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join