It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Goths or Monsters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From time to time I can notice people's fascination of gothic culture and I can notice it inside of me too. Because of that I liked my pale face, but I am blondie with grey eyes-so I would have to change a little bit to become a goth girl. But for daily life I don't want to.

Darkness for people is attractive. It's visible especially in today's fascination of vampires.

During this weekend I was looking at different pictures of goth people on Google graphics and I have to say that most of them are monsters!
It's hard to find natural goths there.

I think being born with natural gothic beauty-this is a treasure than making yourself a monster. Or at least change colour of hair and do some not large make-up on face to make your natural beauty look more gothic.

Maybe this is a strange topic, but among all kinds of serious topics I think about such weird stuff too.

What are your views on that subject? What do you prefer-natural gothic beauty or artificial?
edit on 13-7-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnieWolf19

I just see it as people trying to express themselves by being/looking different. It doesn't make them any better than anyone else OR make them a lesser of a human being because they are different!

Hell, I am a 51 year old male, and I think Goth women are hotter than hell!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I was "goth" in the early 90's. I have blond hair, no need to die it, it was all about the fashion. I liked the style of clothes. I never associated "gothic" as a look someone was born with. Gothic to me is the style of dress, the type of music and general interest in things many people consider morbid.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Are you talking alterna-teens that sit around dressed like the Crow talking about the latest Korn and Slipknot album
Are you talking old school people still wishing Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie were still touring (sadly this is partly me)
Hopefully for the lulz you are talking about Juggalo's.

edit on 13-7-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
black black black black no. 1!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
black black black black no. 1!

Hell yah..I was just listening to Type O earlier today..good times.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

It's great stuff. They are basically the soundtrack to my life.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
...Sisters of Mercy...

Patricia was hot. Totally useless as a musician but hot.

Every time I see a Goth now I think of the South Park episode and want to help them burn Hot Topic down.

edit on 13-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Bring back the Limelight

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I dont think kids dress as The Crow or listen to Korn and Slipknot anymore. They've gotten worse if you can imagine. Hell they are so crappy I'd welcome back the mall goths with open arms!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I dont think kids dress as The Crow or listen to Korn and Slipknot anymore. They've gotten worse if you can imagine. Hell they are so crappy I'd welcome back the mall goths with open arms!

You know it's bad when you would gladly take the Hot Topic Food Court scene over what is out there now.

I look back and think yah I got to see Peter Murphy (before he was a shell of himself) Faith and the Muse, The SIsters\Mission UK and so many other bands.. I was lucky to be at both Type O+Philly+Halloween shows and all the fun they were.

Current people seem to be spouting off about Black Veil Brides and HIM to which I want to /wrists.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The term "gothic" has always struck me as a bit of a misnomer since it refers to a culture. Ironically, when I think "Goth", I think of old churches and scary priests.

As far as being attracted to "dark" things, I don't think darkness gets a fair shake. People place too many associations of evil with darkness where I see it as a negating, minimizing, and calming force.

A source of divinity and love found in darkness is brighter than anything you will ever see in the light and light has a way of disguising hate and evil. Therefore, in my eyes, I associate love and goodness with darkness and hate and evil with light.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

You know it's bad when you would gladly take the Hot Topic Food Court scene over what is out there now.

I look back and think yah I got to see Peter Murphy (before he was a shell of himself) Faith and the Muse, The SIsters\Mission UK and so many other bands.. I was lucky to be at both Type O+Philly+Halloween shows and all the fun they were.

Current people seem to be spouting off about Black Veil Brides and HIM to which I want to /wrists.

OH! Damn dude! Some chick tried to turn me on to HIM, so I bought a CD. At the time, I was very unstable and perhaps even suicidal. Let's just say I wanted to kill myself after listening to that crap for 10 minutes......

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yeah the scene is dead and gone, but hey it happens. As long as my girl throws the old "uniform" for me once in awhile I'm a happy guy.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

S&F'd.. homer's make-up shotgun came to mind

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnieWolf19
From time to time I can notice people's fascination of gothic culture and I can notice it inside of me too. Because of that I liked my pale face, but I am blondie with grey eyes-so I would have to change a little bit to become a goth girl. But for daily life I don't want to.

Darkness for people is attractive. It's visible especially in today's fascination of vampires.

During this weekend I was looking at different pictures of goth people on Google graphics and I have to say that most of them are monsters!
It's hard to find natural goths there.

I think being born with natural gothic beauty-this is a treasure than making yourself a monster. Or at least change colour of hair and do some not large make-up on face to make your natural beauty look more gothic.

Maybe this is a strange topic, but among all kinds of serious topics I think about such weird stuff too.

What are your views on that subject? What do you prefer-natural gothic beauty or artificial?
Tbh goths are beautiful they are more real than the plastic barbies about nowadays

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was never Goth myself, but had a couple of Goth friends growing up. Then the popularity of Emo began ramping up, and I swear it was a steady, at least partial, melding of styles in the late 90's/early '00s. I'm well aware due to the punk origins that they do have some overlap, but the styles used to be pretty unique between the two. Now? Now I'm starting to have actual difficulty telling the visual difference between the Goth & Emo kids. Even my husband, who was into everything Goth & knows the differences better than me, is having the same trouble.

WTH happened in the last 10 years? o.O

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to a post by Jose Cuervo:

a lot of times when I see a goth or emo person, all dressed in dark and whatnot, what I see is a good person who has been hurt, rejected or ignored, by the so called "light" happy fake people who act like they are the epitome of good but are in fact very judgemental and hurtful towards anything they perceive as different. So I can very much see why you would have that viewpoint.

top topics

join