It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much proof do you want ???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I feel like a lot of people a out there (and myself) believe in alien life, I mean its ignorant to think we humans are the only people in the entire universe, and its just hard for me to believe in the proof and the evidence, because there are so many lies piled on top of lies and there's nobody to trust anymore.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To me, the irony of the situation is that hoaxers have thoroughly poisoned the well with hoaxes that got passed along to evidence channels, yet skeptics are the ones blamed for a lack of belief. Pics of UFOs? Poisoned a million times by hoaxers. Eyewitness testimony? Poisoned by hoaxers. Newspaper, video and web articles? Poisoned by hoaxers. Hoaxes across mediums so often that a reasonable person is forced to be a skeptic. Yet when a new pic or vid comes along, the skeptics are now the ones being booed away while hoaxers are praised. Then threads pop up about why everyone doesn't believe in alien visitation, and the passive aggression is aimed at skeptics rather than those who want you to buy their story hook, line and sinker.
edit on 8/11/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to understand how much proof people want? There is a difference between being open minded, and naive.

The thing is the lack of logic behind those events. If something technologically advanced would want to hide it's presence, why would it do a light show in the sky? Why would it have lights at all? Why assume it would use lights? Why assume it needs lights? Why not assume that when something needs lights, it must be terrestrial instead? Isn't this reasonable? What is the possiblity of something alien actually needing light, why we assume their eyes are built like ours? If they used light to show themselves, what for? What is the logic behind partially hiding presence?

It is simple things like that. Never a good answer, only wishful thinking and groundless speculations.

It is like someone saying "You know what, you won't believe it, yesterday I saw a squirell talking with a bear", "-ok, let's say I will accept the possibility that animals can talk... what kind of mutual interest could a squirell have with a freaking bear?? That would be my doubt." It is not the disbelief in the event itself, it is the doubt in the logic behind it.
edit on 11-8-2014 by iknowyou because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join