It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOD Sending pink slips to thousands of officers currently fighting in Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

if the administration/WH is imposing the 'Sequestration' spending cuts on the active duty military

then why the hell is the WH/administration going wonkers by spending Billion$ for Ammo to the Post Office
or Billion$ in hollow point .45 ammo to the department in charge of school lunches
or the totally wasteful spending of Billion$ for some 1,700 Urban Tank Vehuicles ... ???

It's hard to have good conversations with people who apparently don't understand our government.

Who holds the purse strings? Who decides budgets and spending? Why is the President ASKING CONGRESS for 3B to expedite the deportation of the illegal immigrant influx?

The White House is not "Imposing sequestration"...each department is at the direction of the GOP dominated congress, including the DOD.

The White house is not "going bonkers" spending "Billions for Ammo to the Post Office"??? Whatever that nonsense is, Congress and the GOP Majority decide and direct that spending.

Power of the Purse

“All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 7, clause 1

“No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7

Conspiracy? Fine...Complaining about the POTUS? Great...but let's acknowledge foundational reality.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It's hard to have good conversations with people who apparently don't understand our government.

This is TRUE.

Since the only difference between right and left blowing money is the left calls it 'investing'.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Chiftel

Really???

I guess the Govt has 3 billion to spend on illegals, but not the US Military.

And the Sequester has nothing to do with anything. It was found last year that the sequester affected only a handful of people.

Oh, and let's not mention that during this, ALL Govt employees placed on furlough are given back-pay once they return to work.

Just another foreigner thinking they know what's best for the US and the people within it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Chiftel
And the Sequester has nothing to do with anything. It was found last year that the sequester affected only a handful of people.
Oh, and let's not mention that during this, ALL Govt employees placed on furlough are given back-pay once they return to work.

I was affected by it and I received no back-pay. I suppose it's your word against mine but I would like to know where you heard that.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Are you a contractor or a Fed Govt employee?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

They definitely are weakening this country in each and every respect they can manage to weaken it!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I'm not a contractor. Full fledged govt employee.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I was just talking to my younger brother about this, he is in the Army. From what he said, it was going to military personnel with tattoos. Apparently the military is phasing out tattoos, at least on the officers for now. He said they were telling officers with tattoos, that they are now ineligible for re-enlistment.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Fed or state?
No wonder you love Govt.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My biggest fear while my son was in the service was that the gov't would go broke while he was halfway around the world and be left stranded (happened in Russia when they fell). I do hope they are bringing them home before they fire them???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join