It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOD Sending pink slips to thousands of officers currently fighting in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And here I thought America cared about its soldiers. The government in all its wisdom is sending pink slips to officers while still in combat zones. How smart is that?? I wonder how many soldiers we could keep employed with 3.7 billion instead of using it to feed and house illegals. Just goes to show Obama and his transparent administration don't give half a Sh1t about our veterans. Sorry if this has been covered did a search and came up with nothing..

allenbwest.com...

www.foxnews.com...

nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

This is something Ron Paul has talked about at length.

We spend a lot of money on our "military" ie the Military Industrial Complex but not a lot on our actual defense.

As he has said repeatedly, we can save money by getting rid of the foreign empire and bringing our troops home.

Once again our government shows its disdain for the actual men and women in the armed forces. They would rather fire people and slash the VA instead of putting a stop to the war-for-profit industry.

edit on 13-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, maybe you should not have voted for Republicans who voted for the sequester and other budget cutting billes, who threatened to crash the government by refusing to raise the debt ceiling etc. Or maybe you should stop voting for republicans who run on balancing the budget when it can never be balanced (because capitalism runs on monetary expansion - just like physical systems run on growth of entropy - and if the public can't afford to keep borrowing anymore - which is actually the real reason for the 'boom' under Clinton and his balanced budget - the government simply has to do it. or else).

Why would you complain about this when you know you voted Republican and you know they rammed sequester through and other budget cutting bills through?

Don't you know banks print trillions of new monies each year?

That that's how they pay for credits and loans to consumers and businesses? By simply conjuring up the monies as they loan them out?

Don't you know that if the public can't afford to borrow any more, the government has to or the economy collapses?

I don't understand why this disconnect between cause (voting republican or right wing independents or DINOs) and the consequences (pink slips sent to service people on duty).

Help me out here.
edit on C0442f31America/ChicagoSunday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

if the administration/WH is imposing the 'Sequestration' spending cuts on the active duty military

then why the hell is the WH/administration going wonkers by spending Billion$ for Ammo to the Post Office
or Billion$ in hollow point .45 ammo to the department in charge of school lunches
or the totally wasteful spending of Billion$ for some 1,700 Urban Tank Vehuicles ... ???

Its because the WH/administration is intent on destroying the past military-industrial complex and replacing that money-pit with their own money-pit that rewards scum like PeeLousy & a whole spectrum of lib-tards and leftist comrades, et al

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
According to Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely, Obama is intentionally weakening and gutting our military...

Obama 'gutting military' by purging generals

WASHINGTON – President Obama this year alone has fired some nine generals and flag officers, on top of at least four similar dismissals during his first term, suggesting that a purge may be the real reason behind the removals, which are being described as cases of personal misbehavior.

Retired U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely, an outspoken critic of the Obama administration, claims it is part of Obama’s strategy to reduce U.S. standing worldwide.

“Obama is intentionally weakening and gutting our military, Pentagon and reducing us as a superpower, and anyone in the ranks who disagrees or speaks out is being purged,” he charged.

“Over the past three years, it is unprecedented for the number of four-star generals to be relieved of duty, and not necessarily relieved for cause,” Boykin said. “I believe there is a purging of the military. The problem is worse than we have ever seen.” ~ Lt. Gen. William G. “Jerry” Boykin

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
IDK about the guys overseas, but I do know is that some people are on the chopping block right now, even me.

My contract doesn't end till Mar 1, 2015, but already their are hints that HRC is willingly to cut that time shorter if nothing going on but just working. For instance, if the units deployong, but your ETS is towards the end of their tour or just right after, then off to another unit or early separation, nothing bad about it, just getting your contract cut short.
Sucks for the service member who had plans on saving up before getting out.

Even us with less then a year left are on the chopping block, my name has not been called yet, but I won't hold my breath.

HRC pov is that if you got less then a year, with no critical missions going on do to ETS, then your pretty much milking the system till you get out, might as well as cut them early, save a few more bucks. You still keep your benefits an all entitlements.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They will cut out the little people in the military before they ever cut the sugar contracts with defense contracters

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The current administration really doesn't give a ratts snip about the military active duty or otherwise.

Hell getting fired when they are over seas fighting their wars.

The VA outrage.

Meanwhile look at how they treat people who don't even belong here at the border.

Free food, free healhcare, free housing, free plane trips.

Active duty, and veterans at least EARN it unlike some.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Chiftel

Stop with your nonsense. Where did the OP say he voted for republicans???

You are a brainwashed buffoon. Anybody who argues the conservative vs. liberal thing is, IMO.

No need to keep derailing threads into political arenas.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am gonna refrain from making an ad hominem here.

But the ONLY bank that prints their own money is the one 'republican' opposites created.

The federal reserve that controls EVERY financial investment vehicle in this country.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Perhaps one day they will see that the "Illusion Of Choice" really is an illusion.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

if the administration/WH is imposing the 'Sequestration' spending cuts on the active duty military

then why the hell is the WH/administration going wonkers by spending Billion$ for Ammo to the Post Office
or Billion$ in hollow point .45 ammo to the department in charge of school lunches
or the totally wasteful spending of Billion$ for some 1,700 Urban Tank Vehuicles ... ???

Its because the WH/administration is intent on destroying the past military-industrial complex and replacing that money-pit with their own money-pit that rewards scum like PeeLousy & a whole spectrum of lib-tards and leftist comrades, et al

Better yet! Why is Obama hell bent on keeping our southern border open and asking for billions of dollars for taking care of those whom are illegally entering our country instead of securing the border and sending them back where they came from until they come here legally!

Not to mention, how many of these soldiers are getting the shaft because of answering questionnaires on whether or not they would fire upon American citizens if so given that order?

Here is where I disagree with you! Where is John McCain? Lindsey Graham? and all the rest of these whores whom serve the Military corporations whom leech off of the American public????

Stop thinking this is all about Obama and his Progressive puppets and giving the rest of the Republican accomplices a free pass!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I am gonna refrain from making an ad hominem here.

But the ONLY bank that prints their own money is the one 'republican' opposites created.

The federal reserve that controls EVERY financial investment vehicle in this country.

Why haven't the Republicans supported a real audit on the Fed then?

Why? Because they answer to the same freaking master the Progressive Democrats do!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Better yet! Why is Obama hell bent on keeping our southern border open and asking for billions of dollars for taking care of those whom are illegally entering our country instead of securing the border and sending them back where they came from until they come here legally!

That is great question !

First Obama says we don't have any money, guts the military.

Turns around and wants to blow 4 billion dollars on the border.

Quite the cognitive dissonance he has.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Dunno.

Why? Because they answer to the same freaking master the Progressive Democrats do!

But !

The progressive Democrats that created the FED expanded the FED's powers in 2010 with Frank Dodd.

Then created the Consumer Protection Bureau that picks up where the FED leaves off.

I honestly don't get why people fight over money in this country.

The government created it out of nothing.

Which means people literally fight over nothing.

They get mad because some people have more nothing, than others do.

And at the drop of a hat can print more nothing out of thin air.
edit on 13-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Dunno.

But !

The progressive Democrats that created the FED expanded the FED's powers in 2010 with Frank Dodd.

Then created the Consumer Protection Bureau that picks up where the FED leaves off.

I honestly don't get why people fight over money in this country.

The government created it out of nothing.

Which means people literally fight over nothing.

They get mad because some people have more nothing, than others do.

And at the drop of a hat can print more nothing out of thin air.

So then can you see the irony in my original question?

Just goes to show that the two party system has turned into a farce that does nothing more than make us idiots whom believe in them fight over which one of them is better, while they sit and dine together and laugh their asses off at how stupid us useless eaters really are?
edit on 13-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's been happening for a while now: Soldiers survive combat, then lose their jobs

$17 trillion in debt, remember? We can't keep spending a billion dollars on a plane that doesn't work and expect to keep every soldier employed as hostilities are reduced.

Between budget cuts, sequestration and the overall bloat of the DoD budget it's expected. It happened in Vietnam, it's happening again in Afghanistan.

It doesn't give me a warm-fuzzy but I'm hardly surprised.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

25 years of NAPTA and it is time to form the true union of Mexico, America, and Canada. General Petrous seemed to have the answer of what comes next after America.

RIF or reduction in force always comes after war. The majority of the military officer corps that will be left are the Academy graduates and the one's who specialize in brown nosing or have strong political connections.

TSA is still doing it's thing at the airports and yet the government is busing and flying illegals all over the country.... Humm maybe Petrous is right after-all ?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't been back on this thread in a while I was at a kids birthday party. Everybody here is making good points and i agree with the fact that the two party system is only in place to give the illusion of choice. Right wing and left wing there both the same bird!!! What Upsets me most about this is not the cut backs that I get. Its when we gotta cut back on American jobs and soldiers but yet we have 4 billion to spend on illegals who have to right to be here.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just ran across an article that explains why our Caliph-in-Chief is intentionally gutting our military...

Obama is Destroying Military – to Prevent being Deposed?

Editor’s Note – It is becoming clear to many Americans that Obama is destroying our military through firings, removing Christianity, removing “don’t ask, don’t tell”, and many believe there is actually a test on whether an officer or soldier would ever fire upon their own citizens. He is also changing it in other directions and introducing diversity as a core item over proper military training, but could it be to prevent being deposed?

In fact, many now believe the reason behind all these moves is to prevent a military coup as Gina Miller writes below:

U.S. Military could depose Obama, so he’s destroying it.

For several years now, many of us have been wondering who will stop the anti-American, anti-freedom, lawless Barack Obama (or whatever his name is), his administration and the commie weasels in Congress.

As we watch the in-your-face criminal actions of Obama and his minions (the list of which seems interminable), it is clear that members of the other two co-equal branches of the federal government are either in agreement with him or are too scared of the shadowy powers behind Obama to lift a finger against him.

This strange, debilitating non-resistance to Obama can’t be based solely on the fear of being falsely accused of “racism,” so I conclude it is based either on agreement with Obama or fear of something much worse. The courts and Congress rarely defy him, and Congress is too wimpy to bring articles of impeachment, so who is left with the power to depose this junior tyrant who’s occupying our White House? The military is the only force with that power, and Obama knows it.

www.standupamericaus.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join