It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You love him. You hate him. You ignore him?

Many people have different views on this very political man, if you even choose to call him political.

Everyone has seen his movie F9/11. Do you believe what he says is true?

Personally, I do not believe everything but I do think that this is a very educated man, who knows what he is talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Me? I can't stand the guy, even putting his politics aside I still don't like him. He seems like such a blowhard, one of those guys you can never get along with. As for his movies sure he may know how to make a documentary but my problem are the people who go to his movies and any movie for that matter and base a political opinion off of that and see everything in his movies or a movie as fact and do not look at the other side.

I have not seen F/911, but I will eventually see it therefore I will not critize his movie and the parts that I do not know, I have read transcprits and seen snippets and I don't agree with all of the points that he tries to get across.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I see Moore as a very motivated man who has the courage to challenge conventional thinking and to basically say "screw the system" for a few minutes so he can add shock value and get answers to questions we all think about but would never dare ask....

I don't believe everything he says - I don't worship the man - I don't agree with some of his facts or his underlying motives....however....The positive things I see Moore doing outweigh the negative:

He's making people question what he says and think about what's going on around them

He made more people show up to vote - I hate that bastard Moore and here's a vote to Bush in spite of him...I agree with you and I'm voting Kerry....etc.....

He's invigorating the youth! He came to FSU and gave a speech....the crowd was humongous and drawn right down the middle.....do you think he cares?! He got his message out, he got his awards, he's making $75000 to talk for an hour.....He won, regardless of what others may think of him

And to boot....I hate this whole "Moore is anti-American" crap....So much so that I think it's pointless to even arguee it - I beleive I've done that on ATS once or twice and you can find my opinon there....people who think Moore hates America are more dense than a pile of bricks....

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Michael Moore films are more for entertainment than actual serious political discussion. There are a lot of funny bits in Fahrenheit 9/11, which have little political merit. It provides a funny left-leaning view. However, to understand, you most likely have to have some sort of previous knowledge of the issues involved. So, for those meaning to actually understand the issued discussed, read Chomsky.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
saw a video with him walking out a building with his legions of fans hollering. our good friend alex jones walks up with a mic and asks "why dont you talk about NORAD standing down?" micheal responds "that would be unamerican"

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ack... Michael Moore is a hypocrite. He knows exactly what type of movies... I mean documentaries... and books to put out in order appease the disgruntled, conspiracy theory nuts, and angst filled teenage Americans. He tells them exactly what they want to hear, pockets the cash, and calls himself anti-capitalist.

I just can't believe so many people actually fall for it.

It actually pains me that his face is on the icon for this forum.

I feel that Eminem does the same thing... but at least he isn't a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have always thought that Micheal Moore was a hypocritical arse. With that bieng said, I watched F9-11, and did a little checking. Evrything he presented was based in truth, but he twisted the truth of his subject matter to make it fit his agenda. He is what I like to call a wanna be reporter with too much money. Sleaze is his life.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If there's one thing Moore is good at it's self promotion. You all know him, love him or hate him. I have a hard time believing that his speaking engagment tour was simply to "get out the vote" I think it was more about Moore then getting Kerry elected.

He got what he wanted. People went out and saw his movie, the bought into his rhetoric, and in the end... the stupid white man from Flint is sitting on a wad of your cash in the back of his limo in a pair of Chuck Taylors and a baseball cap.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think Michael Moore and his compadres like Billionaire George Soros, Barbara Steisand, Robert Redford, Cher, Rosie O'Donnell, Dan Rather, Sean "Puffy" "Vote or Die" Combs, Al Franken, Danny Glover, Whoopi Golberg, Sean Penn, Julia Roberts, Linda Rondstadt, Susan Sarandon, Bruce Springstein, Dixie Chicks, all helped Bush get re elected and should be applauded! These people galvonized the Republican base, but no one did it better than Michael Moore!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I really think he is underappreciated by both friend and foe. The truth is that Michael Moore has a problem with everyone, including himself.

He is the ultimate skeptic, pointing out the hypocrisy that he sees all around him -- and in himself, as well.

I think the most common mistake I have seen regarding Michael Moore is taking him seriously -- a mistake he himself seems to make now and then. although he is amazingly adept at bouncing back from such temporary errors.

Whether you love him or hate him, if he gets you to think, he has succeeded in his mission.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think he is a complete P.O.S.

He has caused more deaths of Americans while he claims to love the country? He has caused extreme heartache and even when he is proved wrong he Deny's it. Again he is nothing more than a P.O.S.

IMHO

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I think he is a complete P.O.S.

He has caused more deaths of Americans while he claims to love the country? He has caused extreme heartache and even when he is proved wrong he Deny's it. Again he is nothing more than a P.O.S.

IMHO

Don't mince words there Ed. Are you a MM fan or not?

No offense Ed, but your post is a classic example of the conservatives spoon fed rhetoric.

I'm not diagreeing with you, I just hate to see Ann Coulter regurgitated.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Heres my 10 cents on Moore.
If Moore wants to write books & makes movies that bash Republicans then thats fine I agree with some of the things he says.
However I dont think the Democrats have gained one vote thou his flims & books.
People arent zombies they can think for themselvs If someone is going to vote for a Republicans chances are they will do just that on polling day.
The only people that can influence the way people vote is the candidates themselvs.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I do think that this is a very educated man, who knows what he is talking about.

Really? In Dude where�s my country he wrote:

Latvia (more Nazi collaborators), Lithuania (even more collaborators!),

Should I be happy and say �thank you� to Moore that he accused me to be a Nazi collaborator?

[edit on 4-12-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes that is exactly what Moore is doing, why do you think the major powers allowed his weak arguments to proceed in a public format?

At the same time, people say he is "disloyal," when he is only going according to what his controllers want him to say. Yeah that "NORAD standown thing," it is such a reality that no amount of sweeping under the rug can dispose. Oh yeah you can have all those obvious things like sweet deals, and then discredit those things later no matter how affirmed. Face it anything reaching broad based media acknowledgment is so partial, specialized, and out of touch. In the movie studios that had all those false front buildings to save money, and yes that is what they did to build old western towns. In our case we have a smattering of reality from any one source, while we are divided into camps.

Moore is "disloyal," but by designed weak assumptions, touching on reality only to abandon it when the coffers start piling up his take. What a great idea! Just cover less than two per cent of what is actually happening, use it as a partisan shill, then watch while conservatives pile on the criticism. People are already conditioned to think Moore is carrying the "truth," but it is the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Just go figure, he is too obviously the front man for a wet noodle of analysis. Under Michael Moore, propaganda with a liberal spin arises under the media illusion masters, to dismiss even the truth of what he is saying with more distortions. He has spawned a new generation of democrats whose prime wish is to flee into Canada, where people still don't lock their doors because they actually are safe. You know there is nothing more interesting than to hear various ethnic groups talk in a thick British accent, instead of demanding to set up Atzlan or Kwanzaland. Well forgive me for departing into irrelevance but that is the story.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Michael Moore... where do I begin?

Sometimes I think he's a genius, other times a complete idiot.

I love his movies though. They ask a lot of hard questions and usually let you draw your own conclusions. He takes some liberties in the edit room from time to time, but I've yet to see a case where he has outright lied or intentionally misled in one of his films. But most importantly, his films get people talking about things they wouldn't normally be talking about - whether it's industrial job loss, gun control, the influence of certain industries on our political leaders, etc.

He's arrogant, he's sometimes obnoxious, he's loud, he's fat, etc. He might try too hard 90 percent of the time, but he's out there taking advantage of his First Ammendment rights and, in many ways, freedom of the press - which is a hell of a lot more than most of the rest of us can say.

For all his faults, I say hats off to Michael Moore.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
michale moore is like bahgdad bob, cept better at lying. hes just out to line his poctets by dividing the country.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thought htis pick fit the thread nicely......

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
www.blunks.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Here's another one, only it's real.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Amorica
Here's another one, only it's real.

A picture is worth a thousand words

top topics

join