It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ultimate goal of the NSA is total population control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a persons (or group entities) judgement is only as good as the information they have
in the ongoing quest to control everything, all this info is a goldmine..

how else are they going to develop those theme-parks of the future, calculate how many toilets to install, how many cubit feet of hotdog vendors & coke machines are needed and so on?

How people react to price fluctuations on fuel, corn, potatoes...?

How do people react and respond to tragic events, manufactured or otherwise?

What's the global response and outcry to any ongoing disaster such as Fukushima?

Well look on the bright side, at least we should see a decline in random phone polling. No need to ask us what they already know.

Social engineering is a discipline in social science that refers to efforts to influence popular attitudes and social behaviors on a large scale, whether by governments, media, or private groups.

en.wikipedia.org...(political_science)

edit on 14-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So what does data mining have to do with population control?

All this is is just a lesson in being careful what data you put out there.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
So what does data mining have to do with population control?

All this is is just a lesson in being careful what data you put out there.

Don't you mean what words you speak, type or write? What is private? Our thoughts?

The onus is on us to be mindful of our speech? Wasn't there something written in the constitution about that?

It isn't data mining. As stated in the OP 80% of all AUDIO. You speak on the phone, its recorded. You type an email to a friend, colleague, doctor, lawyer....it's recorded.

Spied on for Being Muslim? NSA Targets Named in Snowden Leaks Respond to U.S. Gov’t Surveillance

www.democracynow.org...

A new report by The Intercept has identified five prominent Muslim Americans who were spied on by the National Security Agency. It cites an NSA spreadsheet leaked by Edward Snowden that shows nearly 7,500 email addresses monitored between 2002 and 2008, including addresses that appear to belong to foreigners the government suspects of ties to al-Qaeda, along with Americans accused of terrorist activity. But it also lists the email addresses of a former Republican operative and one-time political candidate, a professor at Rutgers University, and the head of the largest Muslim civil rights group in the country. We speak with Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Glenn Greenwald, who broke the story for The Intercept based on documents leaked by Snowden. "The only thing they really had in common is that they are all politically active American Muslims," Greenwald says.

Imagine hiring a lawyer only to find out ALL of your communications to the lawyer are being recorded by the entity you had hired the lawyer to protect yourself against. The person whom you hired is himself a victim of the same entity even though he is well versed in CIVIL RIGHTS. Where does it end?

Lets go a step further. Lets say a judge is weighing a case on the legality of a government action in the supreme court. That 80% of data includes them too. Are you suggesting we just bend over?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Obviously not, I'm just suggesting that people don't self incriminate.

Again where does data mining turn to population control?
edit on 14-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

It has been done before only in a more limited fashion due to technology limitations. Why ? Black mail; everyone in public office was afraid of Hoover.

Ever sent a picture of your children not fully dressed ? Ever tell a friend what a sorry SOB you boss is or some government bureaucrat via the phone. Have you ever seen something taken totally out of context and twisted to make a case against someone ? I really do not worry about us pedestrians but I do wonder about judges, congress and senators getting a nice friendly little call about how something should be voted or ruled upon.. Like I said it darn sure has happened before.

Bulk collection of everything gives law enforcement all the data they need on every citizen in the country. And, it gives NSA all that info on everyone too. Makes them akin to a J. Edgar Hoover on super steroids.

FBI head Hoover was famous for blackmailing everyone … including politicians. The New York Times reports:

J. Edgar Hoover compiled secret dossiers on the sexual peccadillos and private misbehavior of those he labeled as enemies — really dangerous people like … President John F. Kennedy, for example.

Alfred McCoy – Professor of history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison – provides details:

Upon taking office on Roosevelt’s death in early 1945, Harry Truman soon learned the extraordinary extent of FBI surveillance. “We want no Gestapo or Secret Police,” Truman wrote in his diary that May. “FBI is tending in that direction. They are dabbling in sex-life scandals and plain blackmail.”

After a quarter of a century of warrantless wiretaps, Hoover built up a veritable archive of sexual preferences among America’s powerful and used it to shape the direction of U.S. politics. He distributed a dossier on Democratic presidential candidate Adlai Stevenson’s alleged homosexuality to assure his defeat in the 1952 presidential elections, circulated audio tapes of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s philandering, and monitored President Kennedy’s affair with mafia mistress Judith Exner. And these are just a small sampling of Hoover’s uses of scandal to keep the Washington power elite under his influence.

“The moment [Hoover] would get something on a senator,” recalled William Sullivan, the FBI’s chief of domestic intelligence during the 1960s, “he’d send one of the errand boys up and advise the senator that ‘we’re in the course of an investigation, and we by chance happened to come up with this data on your daughter…’ From that time on, the senator’s right in his pocket.” After his death, an official tally found Hoover had 883 such files on senators and 722 more on congressmen.

the Stasi had to employ one police informer for every six East Germans — an unsustainable allocation of human resources. By contrast, the marriage of the NSA’s technology to the Internet’s data hubs now allows the agency’s 37,000 employees a similarly close coverage of the entire globe with just one operative for every 200,000 people on the planet.

You feel safer now ? You feel better protected now ? Do you think for a moment inside information would not be used to swing a crucial decision at the supreme court ?
r.search.yahoo.com...=A0SO8yecu8NTCkEAhmNXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EzYmF1YXY4BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1NNRTM5OF8x/RV=2/RE=1405365276/RO= 10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonsblog.com%2f2014%2f07%2fproof-nsa-spying-american-politicians.html/RK=0/RS=1yTIVzFe133lADRFlF5ilpUlCEs-

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

You are on ATS, that's probably enough to ensure you a place on one of there lists simply because of the subject matter discussed on said site.

There's your self incrimination right there i'm afraid. Easy done these days, anonymity simply does not exist with regards to these alphabet organisations!

edit on 14-7-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: HauntWok

You are on ATS, that's probably enough to ensure you a place on one of there lists simply because of the subject matter discussed on said site.

There's your self incrimination right there i'm afraid. Easy done these days!

That's probably what gets under my skin the most. Such a waste of resources. If they spent half the money they do monitoring us on things that would benefit us than there wouldn't be a need for monitoring. Not saying we should get a handout but at least stop taxing everything or build better and more public R&D for star travel or energy efficient living. You would think that would be more fun than reading peoples correspondence.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Obviously not, I'm just suggesting that people don't self incriminate.

Again where does data mining turn to population control?

Social engineering is a form of population control. The more statistical data they can muster the better they can manipulate the stock, I mean economy, damn it, I mean society (6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.
).

I don't think the OP was directly suggesting a depopulation agenda rather an agenda to control the population. Perhaps that is where we are missing the mark in our understanding of each other. If they know what we are thinking and saying to one another than they can plan on stifling dissent. In the Art of War it states (paraphrasing) "If you know yourself and not the enemy, for every victory you will suffer a defeat. If you know not yourself or the enemy you will succumb in every battle. If you know both yourself and the enemy, you need not fear a thousand battles." Information is key and they have A LOT of it.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Maybe.

I saw something i the local news here. . Xahive

I've started using xahive for my messaging only catch is that they are new and the notifications are still WIP. Probably in a few weeks or a month they will be better. Also their Web app isn't out yet. They do offer real endpoint encryption though which helps with privacy and anonymity. I've been using it to store some personal docs and i keep them encrypted.

How long before apple bans them I dunno but I'm using the android version until they have a Web app then it's vpn time for me.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The argument of "they can't listen through all of these calls" and "they just store them in case something happens" doesn't work when you introduce giant computers that translate all of the calls to text and have AI that understands what is being said for the most part... while articulating your metadata and creating your profile, a snapshot of your life, which is neatly filed under your name in an FBI database.

The scariest thing about this, is that it's all being collected and sorted and each one of us most likely has a dossier that highlights everything we're up to and the 'important' calls/texts/websites we visit.

They already share the information with the IRS.. looking for people talking about tax fraud. How many other agencies are going to start knocking on people's doors because of information the traitors are sharing? Will the RIAA pay the NSA for information on people downloading songs?
edit on 14-7-2014 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
a reply to: Swills

My question would be how do they sift through all of it, of course much of it can be used as meta-data to reveal overall statistics yet how much the Nsa knows about each of us puzzles me.

I wonder if an advanced program or even AI would be capable of compiling and linking the personal data that we each produce so that it can then be used for further statistics, investigation or even as a spring board for a file on the person that they concern.

Meta-data = behavior patterns (this shouldn't be news to most ATSers)

Behavior patterns are more important than specific data. However, if your behavior patterns fit into a category that is of interest to the NSA or information another LE organization needs then your specific data may be called up, scrutinized, and used against you.

Human beings are more obvious in their behaviors and patterns than many like to believe, creatures of habit we are. They are collecting behavior patterns and habits - Email habits, phone habits, spending habits, etc.

It's no doubt why the government has been increasing it's militarization of police forces - from the DHS on down to local departments. It's seeing a pattern among the behaviors and chatter it's collecting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join