It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am God. Do you believe in me?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys

If you have ever read the Bible - any part of it at all - you will read that God is not always kind, far from it, but it is usually the `cruel to be kind` actions of God that really are done to teach us a lesson when we press the `self destruct` button. We were all made in Gods own image, but were given free will, so we can choose how we want to act and whether or not to be good or bad. Do not confuse `being God` with having free will! When you have faith in God I believe that you are filled with Jesus`s spirit, and the less selfish you become and start to realise that you can not be a hypocrite etc... I have asked for help through prayer and have received it through being given visions of which I can tell are very different from your regular dreams and generally come with a message. I have had a real person in the street come to me with a message and have had dreams about family members to do with God and satan, where I am trying to get them to believe in God, and they will not, even when there is evidence in front of them, which I found strange! I could bore you for hours with my stories and you would probably think I was a little insane once I had finished. This is why some Christians are too embarrassed to speak out loud about their faith, and why Jesus himself was tested by ordinary folk time and time again as people found it hard to believe at times according to the Bible.

I enjoy talking about my faith and just flicking through the Bible 2 nights ago I read in James I think, cant be sure but was near the revelation section that we should not discriminate and cause a divide between people in other religions because there is one God for all no matter what they call themselves and God loves us all the same. How wonderful!

If you open up your mind a little, as I did, I think you will be given the opportunity to believe and may even have a little vision of your own.

One example of a vision was of one that I had which told me that my Grandfather was my guardian Angel. I knew this dream was a vision because he showed me things in the dream that I could not have known about because I was not born, but my Dad knew, and a fellow Christian told me that it was demonic, but I didn't think it was. I prayed to God and asked him how am I supposed to know the difference between a vision and a `wolf in sheep`s clothing` and he showed me through another vision, and it was horrible.

Everyone has an insight into Gods power in very different ways, but all have the same aim at the end of the day. I am sure that one day we will find out for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What you are describing is known as egocentrical theism-I know this because I coined the term myself over ten seconds ago.

I can understand the point you are trying to make-we are the masters of our own destiny and no governing force dictates our wants or our needs- and everything else is circumstantial. But then again our universe is governed by laws that are beyond our comprehension-is that due to a governing force or due to a set of mathematical equations?

I'll leave with that question because my brain is starting to hurt.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you are god, go fly. I'm waiting eagerly to find out how well that works out for you, but if you are god, then there should be reason why you can't rewrite the laws of the universe to allow yourself to just fly up off the ground and soar, no plane, just under your own power.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you are god, go fly.

You do know that mankind has figured out how to fly, right?

Spiritually speaking, we can fly, too. Witches have brooms right? The ability to fly outside of the body was a promise of Jesus.

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

edit on 13-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If I were God, I wouldn't have stuck myself in this horrid body. I'd be metaphysical and free. Or at the very least, I'd be in a physical body that isn't so damn sick and so at the mercy of tiny little germs.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If I were God, I wouldn't have stuck myself in this horrid body. I'd be metaphysical and free. Or at the very least, I'd be in a physical body that isn't so damn sick and so at the mercy of tiny little germs.

"God" works in mysterious ways.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

stepping off this, would that be a good reason for self destruction, that god committed suicide so a universe could live, learn, evolve, change .. end? kinda like what Jesus did

funBox

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There are a lot of great religions out there so why should I choose one over another, let alone anybody.

People don't just look into religions find one they like, and then decide thats what they want to believe. For example, I think Greek mythology is cool and all but I don't believe it is true. A religion can teach great morals, but ultimately it must be coherent with reality.

If you are so sure we are not god, Then explain or answer the question do you believe in god? If it makes more sense then what I believe then you got yourself a follower.

You had a beginning. You are a creation. Scientist have proven that the space time and matter came into existence along with the laws of physics AFTER the first planck time. Logically, whatever cause space time and matter to come into existence was space-less, time-less, and immaterial. Now, as God that would mean you as Creator are outside the system and should have known every response you would get and how every action would play out in this dimensional realm. Seeing as how I doubt you can even tell me my last name you are probably not God.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You sound like my husband. "It's all for a reason".
I used to believe that. Now ... not so much.
It depends on how bad the autoimmune depression is that day ....

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

mysterious ways..

maybe gods in a prison locked in a brain constantly destroying itself until it gets reformation to a level that is acceptable to something else?

considering all the manifestations of wrath in the bible...it going to be prison for a while

?? iterations later ??

then maybe freedom

but into what?

funBox

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I like that.
Could you imagine the troubles we'd be in, economically, if people didn't have to pay for transport? What jobs would all those employed in petroleum engineering, car manufacturing, gas station servicing, et al perform so was to earn a living and put food on the table?
haha

Or what happens when we confirm that the material space is nothing but an electromagnetic, holographic projection of electro-chemical (ion) interactions across networks of neurons? And that the only thing isolating the individual from the realization of the whole was the bubble, or surface tension of fear? In other words, what if the whole thing is really in our heads--that the material objective space is a shared place of interactions where cause-and-effect relationships (karma) ripple through space and time in perpetuity? What if our ancestors have been trying to tell us through all our cultural traditions all this time? Far out! Cats and dogs, man. Cogs and dats, friend. What if these cultural traditions have equipollent fallibility just as we postdiluvian humans today? What a big cosmic family we share! The universe is 13.7 billion years, then it's 20.3 billion years, then it's 33.1 billion years. What if it just is? What if we're already flying?

What if it's just The Great Mandella (The Wheel of Life) ?

Cheers,

P.S. What if I'm just being rhetorical? Just a work of art, ma'am--sir. What if love truly is the fundamental reality?

edit on 13-7-2014 by irak33 because: truly

edit on 13-7-2014 by irak33 because: addendum

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I believe that each soul is the master of it's own reality, and in that respect, each one of us is like a god.
We are creators and destroyers,caught in a world of laws and physics.
While the body is stuck in these laws, the mind obviously is not,and can wander everywhere and anywhere it pleases,
and what you pay attention to, is what you will experience.

While I do believe there is something WAY more intelligent than us paying attention for some reason,
and occasionally it does make changes and adjustments in people lives,
I do not understand it.
I think the universe we live in is much much much more complex that we see or understand.
Once and a while, some people manage to stumble onto some of the complexity and something "weird" happens.

I'll figure the rest out when I am dead.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Really? So you can fly without using any mechanical apparatus? No glider, no special suit, no airplane or helicopter ... You can just go outside, flap your arms and fly like Superman?

Why is Lois so freaked out? She's a god. She can fly like Superman can't she?

That's the kind of flight I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

So you think superman is God? Is flying how you define God?

edit on 13-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

you would if you run and jumped off a very tall building , just like superman when he flys to the ground ,you would be like him almost exactly, up until a point,but then it wouldn't matter

funBox

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Many years ago during my psychedelic journeys, I had a profound experience with what might be termed GOD.
It defies description but man and all creation is but a minuscule fraction of reality. The cosmos is much larger and complex than our primitive five and six senses can even imagine. But one thing is sure...It's our arrogance that keeps us from
the awareness....That is our cross to bare!
edit on 13-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goldenwilys
Have you ever had someone ask you the ultimate question ," Do you believe in god? "

Well I did and I couldn't come up with an answer at the time. I do not practice any religion or truly believe in any religion. There are a lot of great religions out there so why should I choose one over another, let alone anybody. I've tried many dif meditating techniques and keep an open mind and still no answers from god. So what am I to believe, every religion someone claims to of heard and talked to god. Someones' gotta be wrong, right? The universe is filled with infinite possibilities god is small, god is tall, god is everywhere yet nowhere. I started thinking to myself what makes a god a god, and there are no wrong answers to that question . With that in mind if god is whatever I come up with , then I must be god. We are all our own god

My only true belief is self everything else is faith and wishful thinking

Are you god? Yes..because you believe you are god.If you truly believe you are god you are different than some people that say they don't believe they are god yet they do believe they are god because everyone does believe that whether they know it or not.All of mankind were born with a "religious" nature.It is inherited and "natural".The amalgamation of all your experiences form your belief in faith of your Belief System religion.

In your Belief System (B.S.) you are God.You believe you have free will and are the master of your reality.Only the 2nd part is true.Your perception of reality is perceived by "you"…God. Fortunately what you believe (and what you don't know you believe) are not true.
You only believe you are God , you are not the creator God.The "God" you believe in will always be just you because that is mankinds nature to believe in what is not true.The true fact is, it is impossible to know the creator God by belief.There is only one way to know the creator God…when the creator God wants(wills) you to.Religion is just …religion…belief..it cannot "know" anything it can only believe by it.

The true fact is searching for the creator God is futile.…seek and you will find…if you search for god you will find God …and that God will always be you.The creator God does not need to seek you to find you.Nothing in the physical realm is in "truth" what it seems.Physical realm reality is a dicthomy.It cannot be " known" because it cannot be truthfully measured so it is ALL belief through perception(observation).Are you god…yes…are you the creator God..definitely no…Thank God.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You should be more specific. Do you mean that you are the GOD or that you are a god or that GOD is inside you or that you are like GOD? Being general in terms seems to make all these ideas of who we are collide.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
You should be more specific. Do you mean that you are the GOD or that you are a god or that GOD is inside you or that you are like GOD? Being general in terms seems to make all these ideas of who we are collide.
All great questions but the answers are yes to all the universe is filled with infinite possibilities. All ideas collide because it's all possible somewhere somehow. And no I don't think I'm actually god, but he hasn't talked to me or something of that nature, but it still leaves the possibility that I am god so I personally can't rule it out.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

No. I don't believe in any gods...unmitigated nonsense for the gullible, and weak willed who cannot think for themselves, and " Believe " because they are of the
" Sheep " mentality, and feel they have to " Fit in " and be like everyone else, wasting big chunks of their life on meaningless religious activity.

I have a relative who is a " Holier than thou " born again Christian, who thinks everyone else should be too... No point trying to discuss the ridiculousness of religion with this person...totally obsessed, almost fanatical.

Think for yourselves, don't agree with something because everyone else does, even if it means you are " The odd one out "

If you are not liked for this attitude, ....so what ?

Question everything.

Dare to be different....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join