It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fires into Lebanon after rockets launched over border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Israel has fired into Lebanon in response to rocket attacks in the northern region of Israel. It is not known who fired the rockets into northern Israel, although Hamas has claimed responsibility for the actions. These events bring fear that the Israel/Gaza conflict could very well expand. I hope it doesn't...

Rockets fired from Lebanon hit Israeli territory on Saturday and Israel's army responded with artillery fire, Lebanese security sources and the Israeli military said, in the second such incident in two days.

"Initial reports indicate that at least two rockets fired from Lebanon hit open areas north of Nahariya. No damage or injuries, thus far," an Israeli military statement said, adding that Israeli forces had fired artillery toward the source of the rocket fire.

The recent events came a day after rockets were earlier fired on Israel, from Lebanon:

On Friday rockets from Lebanon struck northern Israel and drew Israeli artillery fire. Lebanese security forces arrested a man suspected of firing the projectiles, the national news agency said. He was Lebanese and a member of "fundamentalist groups", the report said, without naming the groups.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I echo your sentiment regarding escalation and hope that some level of common sense may prevail. Sadly I'm not expecting any good news.

It's not the first time this has happened and no doubt not the last.

From a related article;

Israel's offensive has killed 145 Palestinians since Tuesday. Gaza medical officials said at least 82 civilians, including 25 children, were among the dead from the air strikes on the territory into which nearly 2 million people are packed.

This at a time when the pot is at near boiling point. Worrying times.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
ROCKETS FIRED ON ISRAEL...ISRAEL RESPONDS

the cycle of idiocracy continues

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What will happen if some country would shooot rockets to USA.. should they sit still and let those come ?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I dont think thats a good analogy.

I think you have to consider the conflict's origins.

The Palestinians and the people of that region were in their own countries minding their own business when a group of foreigners violently invaded their nation with the intention of taking their homes and land.

Dressed as Arabs, one of their most violent acts was the bombing of the King David Hotel. These terrorists (as labeled by the British government) would actually go on to become Israel's leaders and make-up the IDF and Mossad.

The problem is, its never ending. The Israeli government is constantly taking more land, displacing and killing as needed, finally imprisoning them behind a 30 foot wall in their own country...

edit on 13-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
What will happen if some country would shooot rockets to USA.. should they sit still and let those come ?

I think you will find this has already happened when northern America was initially invaded by foreign settlers and the land stolen from the American Indians by force.
The original inhabitants out gunned by superior technology, out numbered, almost genocided into submission fought a gallant stand for their rights.
So is natural for an oppressed people to fight back when their world is being destroyed around them, of course it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
And tomorrow will be from the Golan Heights. Which of course is a scary situation for Israel and would naturally be in need of assistance. Fortune smiles on them of course as the US is heading that way to irradiate those ISIS terrorists wreaking havoc up and down Iraq and Syria. Oh the winds of fortune......

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

I think you will find this has already happened when northern America was initially invaded by foreign settlers and the land stolen from the American Indians by force.
The original inhabitants out gunned by superior technology, out numbered, almost genocided into submission fought a gallant stand for their rights.
So is natural for an oppressed people to fight back when their world is being destroyed around them, of course it is.

Sadly it has never ended well for the oppressed who fought back. The scant instances such as the French Revolution and American a Revolution are not exactly as they appear. Doesn't mean they shouldn't or don't have the right, simply that if history teaches us anything its that unlike cartoon heros, the good guys rarely win.

new topics

top topics

join