It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Ancient High Technology Of Egypt Before The Pharaohs Part 1 - 2 Brien Foerster

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

what got me was dunn's original work on the subject of ancient machining. he had a website on the subject, several years back, in which he showed several bowls and vases in a museum in cairo. one in particular had a fluted neck made of schist (flint like rock). flint chips and splinters. imagine a smooth fluted neck from material like that??? it was a stunning thought. or how about the stone bowl that was perfectly balancing on a bottom no bigger than the size of a tip of a hen's egg, and the stone was perfectly balanced with no variations in density or weight of the material on any side. jaw dropping stuff.

edit on 13-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

imagine how precise they were about everything else. every dimension, every angle, and then they make a body with the head way too small?

It's a sculpture, who are we to say that this isn't exactly how the ancient Egyptians wanted it to look? Have you ever seen a living sphinx? Can you tell me what is the precise dimension and angle of a sphinx?

When you look at a cross section of it, sure, it'll look odd, but that's not how it was intended to be viewed. How do you think a cross section of Michelangelo's David would look, with it's oversized head and hands? Hardly a "precise" representation of a human being is it? Let's also remember that Khafre's sculptors may have been reworking the head of the Sphinx after Khufu's. You can only reshape a visage so many times before you run out of material.

And please, quit alluding that everything the ancient Egyptians did was "perfect." Did you know the Great Pyramid is not a true pyramid? It's apex is off center. Its side are of unequal length. It's base is not perfectly level. Yes, it's very close to being "perfect," as far monumental building goes. It looks perfect to the eye, which is all we should really care about, but it is not mathematically perfect.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

have you ever seen anubis? his head matches his body.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: onequestion

what got me was dunn's original work on the subject of ancient machining. he had a website on the subject, several years back, in which he showed several bowls and vases in a museum in cairo. one in particular had a fluted neck made of schist (flint like rock). flint chips and splinters. imagine a smooth fluted neck from material like that??? it was a stunning thought. or how about the stone bowl that was perfectly balancing on a bottom no bigger than the size of a tip of a hen's egg, and the stone was perfectly balanced with no variations in density or weight of the material on any side. jaw dropping stuff.

That work was consider extraordinary well before Dunn highlighted it for his theories, the people deserving the credit for it were the AE craftsmen (and perhaps women) who developed the skills to do so.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Yep the most precisely made ancient building (that has been measured for that distinction) is the Parthenon, although technically it is not an ancient building but a classical one.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

well i didn't say they didn't make it. so therefore you're picking on the wrong person. i just don't think the head on the sphinx was the original. i realize it's uncomfortable for you to rubber stamp dunn for anything, but he proves a point without even realizing it. the ancient egyptians could do monumental work in stone, very precise work. as my repost below, shows (in case you missed it, reposted):

i will say this, however, it doesn't make sense to say the ancient egyptians were not advanced enough to produce the monuments. watch this to see what i mean

now if he's right regarding their perfecting technique with stone, and it seems evident that he is, i don't think they were incapable, rather i think they just kept that knowledge as a highly guarded secret and as a result, we still don't know what they did back then. i mean, generally speaking. which is just as frustrating as arguing over it being the work of an earlier atlantean culture, hidden from us

--

so back off. you're crowding my brain space with irrelevant argument.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

But I get tired of constantly relaying the same info over and over so I'll let Hans do it,

Harte

Hey dude I did it last time it's your turn! Seriously it does get boring debunking the same silly fringe claims over and over again.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So? You are comparing apples and oranges. Even so, the size of the Sphinx's head has never been a determining factor in dating it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Sorry don't get your point. I think we're agreeing that the AE were skilled and cool and Dunn was off base in many areas but made some interesting non-fringe points in another?
edit on 13/7/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

So? You are comparing apples and oranges. Even so, the size of the Sphinx's head has never been a determining factor in dating it.

it's not apples and oranges. it's a human body with a dog head. in proportion.
or even the jackal anubis statues -- head not smaller nor larger. it was in proportion. ya know, they had a thing about proportions. it's odd that the sphinx is like the one place they didn't stick to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Sorry don't get your point. I think we agreeing that the AE were skilled and cool and Dunn was off base in many areas but made some interesting non-fringe points in another?

no i made the point, using dunn's video. you're accusing me of stuff i haven't said. you even skipped over my post that basically argues in favor of your point so that you could accuse me of more stuff. knock it off.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sorry don't get your point. I think we agreeing that the AE were skilled and cool and Dunn was off base in many areas but made some interesting non-fringe points in another?

no i made the point, using dunn's video. you're accusing me of stuff i haven't said. you even skipped over my post that basically argues in favor of your point so that you could accuse me of more stuff. knock it off.

Tad paranoid eh? What exactly do you think I'm accusing you of?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Tad paranoid eh? What exactly do you think I'm accusing you of?

of not giving the ancient egyptians credit for their work. of course i did but you chose to block out the entire post where i did. and here we are several posts later, and you're still attacking me. now it's paranoia. what next, my spelling, my avatar? good grief.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

of not giving the ancient egyptians credit for their work. of course i did but you chose to block out the entire post where i did. and here we are several posts later, and you're still attacking me. now it's paranoia. what next, my spelling, my avatar? good grief.

Sorry no attack intended or delivered. If I delete something it means I accept it and have no comment on it.

You seem to be over reacting but fortunately I need to go back to the real world while you calm down, see ya later dude, ,lol

Actually I like your Avatar and your spelling is better than mine.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

sorry. i'm calmed down now (and i'm female not a dude. no it's not that time of the month. i'm an OLD female).

i just didn't appreciate the accusation

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: JamesTB

''Contrary to the thoughts of most historians and egyptologists, mounting evidence from engineers, geologists and other scientific minds are revealing imagining the concept that the Sphinx, Great Pyramid and other famous Egyptian works were created 12,000 plus years ago, and that the Dynastic Pharaohs simply inherited them...''

*Fixed* ^^

The guy is promoting these ideas so people will want to go on his tours to S. America. In that light, the videos are very much commercials for his tour businesses.

I just love people like you who dis someone like Brien. Do you even follow ANY of his work? Have you read any of his books? Watched countless hours of his videos? I doubt it. I have and I absolutely enjoy everything he posts. He doesn't claim anything and if you watched the videos instead of posting without watching you would see that. His wording is never concrete and he doesn't say he knows these things as fact. He suggests them based on work others have done like Schoch. He researches the sites himself!

Also this is Egypt, it has nothing to do with his South American tours. This guy dedicates his life to this and you come in here thinking you know everything about him just because you dont' like how he does things or thinks he is selling his tours. I love what he shows. He has shown me more than Hawass EVER did and I use to think Hawass was some Egyptian archaeological god as a kid, now I don't think very highly of him and find him to be quite the opposite of what i use to think. I do not see any of his vids as advertisement for his tours just videos of places of interest and someone discussing his own views and opinions with others.

As business models go, it's not a bad idea. The mainstream tour market is occupied by much larger outfits so Brien and his team have gone out to create a niche market with a few books here and few free videos there.

Is he paid for the making these vids? No he does them on his own. The tours are not that pricy and they include everything but airfare so if he is getting paid he isn't getting much. The man also lives in South America and I would think he knows more about that part of the world than you could ever know just by reading.

He is also very interactive with people on his friends on FB. I love that. I don't get that from many authors but he is one I enjoy and he does interact. He asks our opinions and has a discussion. I haven't seen Hawass do anything like that! Heck I wrote a paper in 2000 on the Sphinx erosion and emailed Robert Schoch and Zahi Hawass and guess who emailed me back WITH information for my paper? Schoch! Hawass never even replied.

I respect people like Brien and Schoch very much because they are ridiculed for not going with what mainstream archaeology tells us. They think outside the box and I enjoy their theories and believe many of them to be more possible than what we are told is the truth. I have seen more of these sites through their books, sites and videos than I ever saw in any History Channel documentary. They only show what they want you to see.

Is there anything substantial behind the '12, 000 plus years ago?' No, there isn't.

Is there anything substantial to the age we are told? No, there isn't.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

I just finished watching both of these today. I was so happy because when he posted them I just put them in my "watch later" section of Youtube but then I was scrolling the new Roku channels and saw they finally added YouTube. So I've been watching YouTube documentaries all day!

I found both videos interesting and will definitely watch again to take notes. I didn't get to this time, my little one was awake while i watched them so he didnt really let me take notes like I usually do when I watch something like this, he kept taking my pen. lol

Thanks for sharing these! I'm friends with Brien on FB and follow him on YouTube and his blog. I have a few of his books as well and find his work amazing. He truly loves what he does and loves sharing it with others.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

plus he partnered with the old egyptian fellow from khemitology and his son, who live there and have been studying the ancient information their whole lives. well the old gentleman has since passed away.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So has any one refuted Dr. Schoch's threoy that the walls of the Shinx enclosure has been weathered by relentless rain fall which has not occurred in eygypt for at least 10000 years? Weather the head was recarved is kind of trivial. But water erosion is something that can be scientificly validated or refuted.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

a reply to: mblahnikluver

plus he partnered with the old egyptian fellow from khemitology and his son, who live there and have been studying the ancient information their whole lives. well the old gentleman has since passed away.

Yup I follow him as well, very nice people. I enjoy their website a lot!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join