It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK I ##$%^^$ Quit cigarettes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I am now 49 and have been a pack a day smoker since 16,but today was the final straw I give up they win,Ive been banned from restaurants and pubs and clubs,airports and shopping centres I cant smoke within 4 metres of a door or in a car if there is anyone in it,I went along with all this yes I know second hand smoke etc,then they put the price of a pack up over 20 dollars so I bought chinese cigarettes at 13 bucks a packet which you may as well seeing as they killed the industry here its all asian chop-chop anyway theres no discernable difference between a 25 dollar and 13 dollar packet in taste now some blasted senator is introducing a bill that any cigarettes are at least $20 a pack,Im sick of being a cash cow and to make matters even worse these a-holes have made electronic cigarettes illegal,so I quit Ive had a gutful of being treated like a leper.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Nah.. You didn't quit , I can tell by your OP .

If you wanted to quit your rant wouldn't be about " quitting because the price of ciggs are to high" .

Rather it would probly be about how your poor lungs never had a choice , and how terrible your lungs feel , along with regrets and hopes that you don't develop lung cancer or some other type of respatory issue.

Quit for your health and the health of others ..

Duces!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Nah.. You didn't quit , I can tell by your OP .

If you wanted to quit your rant wouldn't be about " quitting because the price of ciggs are to high" .

Rather it would probly be about how your poor lungs never had a choice , and how terrible your lungs feel , along with regrets and hopes that you don't develop lung cancer or some other type of respatory issue.

Quit for your health and the health of others ..

Duces!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Your motivation to quit is fine in my book. Whatever makes you say 'enough' and add determination to not give in, and you're on your way. Congratulations on quitting! Take it one day at a time. There are some excellent online support groups that may help you. Beware of naysayers. Hang in there.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
20+ year smoker here, look into vaping. I quit, I no longer slave over the cigarette. PM me if you want tips to quit!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Quit for your health and the health of others.

Smokers just can't catch a break. The guy is quitting and you want to lecture him about his motivation?

Jesus, we can't do anything right.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

hey at least i offered the realistic smoking simulator that has masses quitting!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Come on LSH, this is rather negative of you

what ever it takes for him to do it is fine. I wish my pops would take this line of thinking to quit.
The man does vapping, lozenges and still smokes, he would save a small fortune if he could kick the stuff

Good luck OP!
My tip is sunflower seeds, worked wonders for me, especially in the car which is where I enjoyed the cig the most

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

re-reading I assume your either in Aussie or Canada at the prices you mentioned. I've shipped (yea yea illegaly, get me nsa) to both countries e-cigs and e-juices with and without nicotine. Its like the war on drugs, it's only bad when it's caught.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Like others have suggested, just switch to vaping. You can enjoy your nicotine, and a nice heavy burst from your lungs and not only is it cheaper, but in many ways better than smoking.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
a reply to: NthOther

hey at least i offered the realistic smoking simulator that has masses quitting!

You're pushing Nicotine in a new form.

The OP stated Ecigarettes are illegal where he/she lives.

That's NOT because of nicotine free Ecigarettes, which I use so effectively to stay off cancer sticks, but entirely because of "Vaping" and the people that don't specify or differentiate between that and NO NICOTINE Ecigarettes.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
You are a newbie to the industry I suppose. I make E-Juice. I can make my flavors with or WITHOUT nicotine. Quitting smoking? Best to start with Nic-filled e-juice and progress down. Best part? You don't inhale the 4,000+ chemical additives found in cigarettes, just some anti-freeze...which is also found in common products like coca-cola and ice-cream.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

what ever it takes for him to do it is fine. I wish my pops would take this line of thinking to quit.
The man does vapping, lozenges and still smokes, he would save a small fortune if he could kick the stuff

"The man" is still addicted to NICOTINE.

If one uses Nicoderm patches as directed to wean oneself off the chemical addiction AND uses a NON ADDICTIVE Ecigarette with NO NICOTINE to replace the RITUAL of smoking, then you can SUCCESSFULLY QUIT and not be addicted to nicotine and prone to RELAPSE.

A NICOTINE FREE Ecigarette is something that you will naturally taper off of and eventually NO LONGER NEED.

There is ZERO harmful second hand smoke and nothing to make illegal about them, YET they get grouped in with the addictive and harmful practice of "Vaping" and as a result, may not be available to help cigarette smokers BREAK the CHAIN of ADDICTION.

People who encourage others to try "VAPING" are NO DIFFERENT than schoolyard DRUG PUSHERS!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

you are so sadly hypnotized by media I literally almost vomited in my mouth by your response. So, it OK for them to put a nicotine sticker on there arm abnd vape NON nicotice juice...and that's quitting. Why the # would you CREATE MORE THAN ONE PROCESS TO QUITTING! Love big pharma? Yea push them freaking patches that do NO GOOD whatsoever to the smoker that says that won't replace the habit. Infact lets DEMONIZE that person as someone that has a worse fate than a SMOKER THEMSELF. Lets NOT include studies on it, lets just DEMONIZE IT, #ing REEFERMADNESS.

E-cigs get banned while cigarettes are not...think about that
edit on Sun Jul 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: inserted correct word....Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Come on LSH, this is rather negative of you

Good luck OP!
My tip is sunflower seeds, worked wonders for me, especially in the car which is where I enjoyed the cig the most

Sorry maybe I was a little harsh ..

But I didn't sense that he wanted to quit by his own will.
He made it seem like he was sort of forced to.

I have no remorse for smokers ..

I smoked for 10 years and quit cold turkey ..because I wanted to for my health.

Not because the price of ciggs was to high :/

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
As an ex-smoker you should hope ANY smoker gets off it by ANY means. You did this, great for you, you are not society. Quitting smoking is NOT easy, and any ex-smoker that demonizes ANY quitting method is a hypocritical ass in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Quit for your health and the health of others.

Smokers just can't catch a break. The guy is quitting and you want to lecture him about his motivation?

Jesus, we can't do anything right.

Sorry i am an X smoker and his rant didnt seem sincere to me.

He's supposedly quitting because the price of ciggs are to high?

Sorry I don't buy it..

When he complains about how toxic cigs are ect ect then maybe I'll be willing to contribute some healthy knowledge on how I was able to quit cold turkey and not go back .

I hope I am wrong and he really does quit !

Though .

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

regardless the means or motivation, you PERSONALLY know the damage of smoking. Support the guy, give him ideas, don't freaking say you can't quit because it's not for the right reasons....I mean really listen to yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
As an ex-smoker you should hope ANY smoker gets off it by ANY means. You did this, great for you, you are not society. Quitting smoking is NOT easy, and any ex-smoker that demonizes ANY quitting method is a hypocritical ass in my opinion.

The guy says he is "quitting" because the price of cigs are to high?

Lol really ?

When i was a smoker i didnt cair about the price of cigs when i needed one . i recall payinf 8$ a pack at one point .
It didnt bother me a bit.

For what its worth i hope the guy does quit..
But i am a realist and that excuse just does not seem legit to me.

Sorry

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Where are e-smokes illegal? And patches did not work for me, nor that little inhaler from the drug store. Esmokes do, vaping, but not without nicotine, and whoever is writing on here about them being harmful, not compared to most things they're not. A gmo sandwhich is far more so. And you can taper it off just the way you want, slowly mixing 1/4 medium, to your strong, or 1/4 low to your medium and after a month go half and half and so forth, at your own pace.

And it should be a 6 month or longer pace because half the people who quit have a huge drop in brain chemistry that makes them extremely anxious and depressed and its not worth it. So gradually over a year, getting lots of sunshine, and excercise, and finding natural sources to keep healthy, normal, is a very good thing indeed.

<<   2  3 >>

join