It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scored a dream job at age 60

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Congrats, nothing better than getting paid well to do a job you love.

I'm in year 18 of an IT career and wouldn't trade my job with anyone.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

That is an awesome job.

The guy we have here doing "maintenance" loves it as well.
The pay is great,you get to tinker with stuff all day,
and if it is anything like where I work, if you get an emergency call, you make the big bucks then.
You might even get a fancy nickname out of the deal!
We have Hot Rod, and he is the best!
He is in his late 50's as well,
and really a great co-worker!

Congrats & Enjoy!

edit on 13-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow! Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how the right jobs falls into place just when really needed!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, if that's your dream job, that's great. Here's mine:

Katy Perry Breast Adjuster

I've been training real hard and I can give references (mostly from the local police).
edit on 13-7-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Chances are you will want to work into your sixties, there is only so much golf you can play, I find it hard to take a couple of days off let alone the rest of my life, that day will come, but until then I will keep on keeping on.

You are the same age as my kids (not saying your a kid, to us olders you are though) make your money while you are young, keep some aside, and hopefully you too can land your dream job.

I don't consider myself old yet, when I am 70/75 I will slow down, health permitting. My family all live long lives, mid eighties some in their ninties.

One of the benifits of this type of job is I am meeting new people everyday, a part is my job is talking to the customers, as people who know me call me "have a chat" this is a blessing.

I'm not a couch potato, I don't watch TV, I'm what my Mother used to call me as a kid. A figgit arse.

Again thank you everyone for your kind words

a reply to: Biigs

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
it's nice that you've found a job that u enjoy. Can I sincerely suggest that when u have some time to ponder over why we were actually put on this earth? Was it to work and get by or is there something more to it... And something more once we die? Having pondered these questions gave me a whole different outlook to my view on work and time...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
omg you leave home at 7:30... what time do you wake up every morning ???? thats like slavery

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I work because I enjoy it, I don't like sitting around doing nothing, I am past "you work to live not live to work" I am happy with the job I have now because it dosen't seem like work when you compare it with what I was doing before hand.

I have plenty of time during the day to go shopping between jobs if need be, I can sit down in a cafe and drink coffee if that takes my fancy.

A good example is today I had 1.5 hours between jobs, what do you do with the time... food shopping at a major store that is not in my small community, I saved money.

After shopping I went to the bakery and had some lunch, not actually doing it hard, but doing something I enjoy.

a reply to: Kamza

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I get up at 5am every day, yes weekends included.

Driving to work at 7.30 is perfect for me, the time is not important, as for being a slave, I take it you work for a living, if so I am interested to know what time you start work and what time you finish and what type of work you do that frees you from the slavery.

a reply to: milomilo

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

Thank you for your reply, its okay, us "kids" get what you mean

The idea of meeting new people and helping them sounds very rewarding. I know the sort of thing you mean as an IT admin at a large firm it feels good to see somone in trouble, even panicking and then if your skill set can help them - you do - and they are very grateful. Earns you return favors you didnt ask for, smiles and just a general well being feeling.

When you fix something that no one sees, that no one else even knew was broken, its thankless and unforfilling. (this is the bulk of IT network admin work)

edit on b04041158 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
More power to you, and thanks for sharing. Take care.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
my other question is why a person as old as you still have to work at that age where your physical and mental abilities already reduced past optimal ? shouldnt you be retired and do something fun with your grandkids ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
haha, are my phyical and mental abilities reduced past optimal, I would say yes to that, My phyical abilities started reducing around the age of 28 when I gave up playing soccer, couldn't reach match fitness.

Would you have all people 60 and over euthernised, or simply put out to paddock because in your eyes we are old and useless.

I work along side people half my age, who do they come to for direction.... yes flower, me. Mentally alert!!!

As to the question of retirement, not until your 70 years old now and I'll probly work beyond those years because I will be phyically & mentally adequate.

You did not answer my question milo, what is your line of work.

As for playing with the grandkids, nah, I would rather play with younger women.

edit on 15-7-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro
haha, are my phyical and mental abilities reduced past optimal, I would say yes to that, My phyical abilities started reducing around the age of 28 when I gave up playing soccer, couldn't reach match fitness.

Would you have all people 60 and over euthernised, or simply put out to paddock because in your eyes we are old and useless.

I work along side people half my age, who do they come to for direction.... yes flower, me. Mentally alert!!!

As to the question of retirement, not until your 70 years old now and I'll probly work beyond those years because I will be phyically & mentally adequate.

You did not answer my question milo, what is your line of work.

As for playing with the grandkids, nah, I would rather play with younger women.

sorry i missed your question , i am not working currently and on goverment subsidies. It is enough to live comfortably so i am not planning to look for work in the short future , maybe next year i will try looking again seriously.

correct me if im wrong but shoudnt you get sufficient subsidies in your old age to live comfortably too ?

i would caution you against playing with younger women since they might be interested in your assets and not into you.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No subsidies until I turn 70, then I can apply for a pension.

I could get the dole but you can't live off of the small amount paid.

I don't really look at myself as old yet, definitely not too old to keep on working, especially in this new position.

I will take my chances with the younger women, thanks for the advise though.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

No subsidies until I turn 70, then I can apply for a pension.

I could get the dole but you can't live off of the small amount paid.

I don't really look at myself as old yet, definitely not too old to keep on working, especially in this new position.

I will take my chances with the younger women, thanks for the advise though.

i thought subsidies started at age 55 for old person like you ??? at 70 you would be too old to enjoy it ..

about younger women, dont use any performance enhancing drugs ok ? they have dangerous side effects for old man like you

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
haha your a funny guy milo, I'm starting to get a complex about my age.

I looked into aged care homes today, your killing me.

An update. My first week of work comprised of 24 working hours, 3 days on 4 days off. $720 in the kicker.

Got to pay my own tax out of that.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

haha your a funny guy milo, I'm starting to get a complex about my age.

I looked into aged care homes today, your killing me.

An update. My first week of work comprised of 24 working hours, 3 days on 4 days off. $720 in the kicker.

Got to pay my own tax out of that.

what about your own kids ? dont you want to be cared by them instead of joining the old-age-homes

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Joking about the aged care home milo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join