It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:42 PM

I saw the movie. Hollywood films are no longer (nor were they ever) made strictly for our entertainment. It is a massive propaganda machine, where each storyline is based on a hidden message or theme meant to sway public opinion. I will begin by listing a few things that popped out at me right away from the new Planet of the Apes film.

1] revolution is real and hollywood is supporting/provoking us to rise up
2]guns are bad. obvious anti-gun themes throughout the film. we can revolt but no guns
3]san francisco is the next location for a massive false flag ("terrorism", earthquake, civil unrest, massive public awareness, revolution etc )
4]even though we are all completely different, we need to put our differences aside and come together to revolt. race, religion, etc doesnt matter. it is us vs the NWO

The movie at the end sets up a third planet of the apes film (probably in 2015). Considering how it ended, it looks likes the film will be about apes and humans fighting the military (government). It will be very pro-Revolution. Just like the 3rd Hunger Games will be very pro-Revolution. Star Wars comes out in 2015, an interesting time to reboot a franchise based on galactic revolution. Who knows what else they will throw at us.

The main revolution monkey who is anti-gun and has everyone under his control is named Caesar. That could be a reference to julius caesar or caesar chavez.

I will go into more later, but wanted to see if anyone else saw the movie and what their thoughts were.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
a reply to: revolutionaryawareness

Haven't seen film but for sure mainstream films are absolutely full of caca.

My girlfriend won't watch the majority of films with me anymore because I'm like "Are you #ing kidding me?"

I like to pick films apart as I watch them. I've had maybe one or two friends in my lifetime that actually enjoyed watching films with me.

The new Batmans, all the new superhero movies, Hunger Games, and even the show the walking dead all have this anti-regular folks having gun theme going through them all.

Just let the heroes(wonder who the "heroes" will be?) have the power. That sort of theme. Certainly makes you think they are prepping the regular folk for that "hero/heroine" they will create that will "lead" the masses right into the arms of the new(and by new I mean completely old) world order.

Roll my eyes.

I will still see the movie, always do but yeah I get what you're saying 100%.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:11 PM
I saw it and thought it was really good.

Once again, humans created a monster and it got out of it's cage. All sorts of government genocide and martial law messages. Dirty politics and race wars pretty much make it a modern day reflection of society.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:16 PM
or it could be that there are no good scripts coming in, so the movie studios are pulling out old cult classics dusting them off and putting a new spin on them to get some bucks in the kitty.

after all they made five in the sixy's and seventy's and a two tv series one was animated.
there is a cult following and they have die hard fans of all ages.

still big bucks to be made.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:20 PM

It's just a film, based on a book, written by a Frenchmen in the 1960's....

It seems, given your reasoning as to the who and why of events and characters in the film, you are blissfully unaware of the 60's book nor the series of films in the 70's, most of which has simply been re-hashed for the new films. (for example the Character Caesar is not an analogue for Chavez....)

You are looking way too much into it.
edit on 12/7/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:21 PM
I can't watch that mainstream crap anymore. I am far from an art guy, but I prefer independent film these days. That being said, I am not really in the Hollywood movie demographic anymore based on my age.

I wouldn't go see Planet of the Apes or any super hero movie for free at this point in my life. I need a story with substance and something that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
Revolution to resolution :If we all will the creation of a better world and take steps to make a blood free transition to it blood will still flow as it does day by day ,but the intent will raise our awareness to have more compassion and make for a better journey than the one planed behind closed doors ,good luck to all the visionary seekers and selfless doers and those who endure .the path ahead is not cast make a plan to form your way though to a space you want to share with other fellow travelers . enjoy the side show if you want ill be at the front making new trails Nameste

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:31 AM
If you were to distill every movie script produced by the Hollywood film studios since 1900, you'd be lucky to fill a small thimble with wisdom.

This self-serving industry has established a dark empire and accumulated a massive fortune simply by manufacturing and selling what is in most cases nothing more than junk or pure garbage.

edit on 13-7-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:27 AM
Idk, I don't buy into the government conspiracy symbolism stuff, but I do think they do it for marketing purposes.

I thought the theme was that apes are just as bad as humans, but from the apes point of view. Doing that is supposed to make us wonder if were just as bad as animals... I think. Lol

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:33 AM
Planet of The Apes is about black people.

End thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:46 AM
a reply to: BerenstEiner

king kong worked in a similar way

it represents the potential for becoming unified.. militant, political; establishing a powerbase
becoming a threat to the establishment *snip*

i just think of all this 'isis' stuff on the news these days & it all makes sense..

..that's probably why 'the holcroft covenant' was on the TV late last night

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:50 AM
I thought the movies message was how RH positive (monkey blood) took over the earth from a dying civilisation who were RH negative

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:27 AM
Personally I am really looking forward to the film. Loved all the originals the 2011 re-make was also great fun to watch.

If this is based on world events all it proves is that nothing has changed since the 60`s.
While I agree film makers put imagery and metaphor into films I do not think they are sending messages to people warning of impending doom.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:56 AM

I agree with what you say in a way. The atmosphere of the movies these days from a lot of the music, sound effects, themes in general, scores, etc. are a little dystopian in one way or another in most cases. I liked how they made movies in the 90's and early 2000's, but I don't like what Hollywierd is doing these days.

I suspect that the movie industry will still collect their billions off of the crap movies. I have heard people talking in the park this year that they don't like to go to movies as much anymore. If Hollywierd keeps it up, I'm sure that they will start losing money fast.

It kind of reminds me of the Japanese video game developers who do a shipshod translation. Most of them do not, but many companies get lazy on translating it for the other countries. Especially European releases-because they have 5 languages usually, but USA ones too. People that buy games start to notice real fast when the developers are getting lazy, and quit buying products that have been tried and true for generations before that.

I don't think the movie industry is much different. IF they keep pumping out this crap, people will quit going altogether (like me). I have not been to a theater in about 2 years. I noticed it costs $50 for 2 people to go and I just don't feel that it is worth that much, if anything in most cases.

The problem I think is that the market is oversaturated with content. There are too many movies, too many games. The producers of these novelties are just getting lazier. People should vote with their cash and just quit going altoghether. I do not think that will be noticeable until food prices rise significantly again.

Then you will see movie theaters closing left and right, or at the least a significant rise in the already exuberant prices.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:04 AM
There's a strange old story about comic books, if you put a giant ape on the cover it will sell significantly more copies:

Everybody loves apes.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:12 AM
Haha talk about thinking to much about something.

As a recent thread has said, threads like these are what's making newbies not stay on ATS for too long.

Too many gullible people on here nowadays. Or people sucked into a made up agenda in their heads. A film is made to entertain, but most of all it's to make money.

A movie about chmps takin over the world and you tie it to a conspiracy....

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:13 AM

As an old man who enjoyed the franchise since the 70's, I'd only have to comment that what you are seeing is the same anti-establishment anti-racism message that was underlined throughout the earlier series of films.

I'll watch it, enjoy it, and then in all probability, forget about it. Fun for 2 hours, but not something that'll have a major impact on society, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:26 AM

I've seen the movie and Friday posted my response, a very positive response as a great movie with substance which is frequently lacking in sci-fi movies and anything with tons of CGI stuff these days. These days you get a lot of Bang! (explosions) for your buck, but little shrapnel (points of great interest) enters your vital systems to make a lasting difference. This movie is different.

You can create all sorts of hidden agendas from the portrayed events in the movie. Gloom and doom is fashionable these days because it is in the air for good reason. These particular movies have always been, one way or another, about the follies of mankind. This one gets a little introspective in large and small ways. I was stunned by a almost passing comment made by one human at one point in the conflict. He noted how the apes survived as intelligent, social creatures living in the wild as animals without all of the trappings that we humans take for granted. In the case of the movie, the need for electricity. The unasked question he presented was, "Are we better than them?"

It was just a movie, a damned good movie especially as a sequel in a series. Go see it, and as you go away from the theater consider that as our vast arrays of various highly technical instruments (all the while ignoringl UFOs) search the skies for signs of intelligent life far and away from Earth, we may eventually discover that we are on the wrong track with about everything we think and do and at some point a severe comeuppance will come along.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
The "messages" in movies are often times very subjective. I found a write-up on the dystopia in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes that points to what might be the actual intended message.(assuming there is one)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the most upsetting dystopia of all.

A large part of the film deals with the escalating tensions and violent conflicts between the apes and humans, and the war scenes are absolutely gut-wrenching. Though the apes never do anything that humans haven't done in battle, it seems far more awful when we realize that yet another species has fallen under the spell of warfare.

You might think that Dawn is a dystopian story because of the Simian Flu plague, but it isn't. This is a war dystopia. It goes far beyond "war is hell" into something like "war is our genetic destiny as hominids." When the apes pick up machine guns as if it were the most natural thing in the world, it's like watching a condemnation of our species that's darker than anything The Road could ever deliver. Our penchant for war has infected another intelligent species, and the curse of humanity will live on even if we die out.

It's not about guns. It's not about people having guns. It's about the human condition wherein we just love to goddamned kill things.

This I find to not be subjective - as it's not something that's debatable. It's not an opinion that can really be disagreed with.
edit on 7/13/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
Yes that's it.. It's not that original ideas are lacking so a movie made decades ago gets rehashed with new graphics.
I could literally film a rock for 2 hours and someone here would find a reference to the CIA or Arken would see an alien artifact.

As for this false claim.. "Star Wars comes out in 2015, an interesting time to reboot a franchise based on galactic revolution" It is not a reboot of anything but rather the continuation of a story arc.

new topics

<<   2 >>