It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi partys: Yes or no?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Should there be such extreme partys like the American nazi party? Do they do anygood at all? Of course they don't!!! So why are they there?

Should freedom of speech be so lax on such a sensitve subject, i seriouly doubt it.

What are the chances of them getting into a position of power slim at best.

So should they be banned or not?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Of course not. I hate Nazis as much as the next guy but it would be unconstitutional to ban them because of extreme and hateful views. We have to allow them to be a party, if we did'nt that would be a huge blow to politcal freedoms. Also if we ban the Nazis, we'd have to ban other extreme political groups like lets say the Guns and Dope party or some extreme Communist parties.

Just because they don't do any good is no reason to get rid of them. A lot of third parties cannot do anything, can't get any positions and do no good for the rest of us but they are still around. Banning a politcal party is wrong and should not happen in America. If I want to start the Peanute Butter Conspiracy Party of America I can damn well do it.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Political freedom isn't always a good thing.

And if there should be a Nazi party why arent they filling places with propaganda like Bush does or Blair or the Torries ect.... Whats the point in a party that cant publish itself that has no power but a following that is too large.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
we should be aiming at a society where ANY viewpoint, if there is a constituency for it, should be respresented. We also must dedicate ourselves to fighting fascism, but not by outright banning. We must educate the people to change their mentalities, not extort or legislate them to, or we become the very thing we are attempting to stop.

No matter how dispicable the neo-nazi movement's viewpoint is, you must accept their right to it.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Should freedom of speech be so lax on such a sensitve subject, i seriouly doubt it.

What are the chances of them getting into a position of power slim at best.

These type of subjects are EXACTLY what freedom of speech is supposed to protect. Speech that makes every feel all warm and fuzzy doesnt need to be protected.

I would say that their chance of getting in power are even less than slim, you know why?

Freedom of speech allows them to show EVERYONE just how stupid they are

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Political freedom isn't always a good thing.

Are you a member of the Nazi Party? Sorry I had too.

Nazi's should be able to spew their hate all they want, as long as their expression isn't in the form of a burning cross on someones lawn. Some people think that Christians are intolerant and hateful for a few of their beliefs. Some things get pretty subjective. When we give an inch they take a mile - and that's not a ball we need to get rolling. Freedom of speech should be absolute especially in cases of extremism.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I mean come on! They are by far the best-dressed political party ever!

When I see them goose-stepping through the streets, I just want to reach out and tweek their little cheeks -- they look so cute!

Sure, some people might get hung up on the genocide and whatnot, but really, is anyone not guilty of a little genocide now and then?

I say we should welcome the Nazi party into the mainstream, because frankly, it doesn't look so great under the spotlight without makeup.

Underground, it grows. Aboveground, it withers. IMHO.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Freedom of speech should be absolute especially in cases of extremism.

I agree with your point, but it's missing something. What could it be?

I know: more cowbell!

Bruce Dickinson: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Underground, it grows. Aboveground, it withers. IMHO.

Exactly

Trying to shut them up gives them more power than laughing at them ever would

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Freedom of speech allows them to show EVERYONE just how stupid they are

Couldn't have said it better. I can rant and rave all I want in my living room, but if I were to do it in public, people could see what I real lunatic I am.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Let them exist, we've seen what evil they commit when in power, and we sure as hell won't be voting a Nazi party into power in the future, so what harm can they do us.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You cannot ban them because there are people in society who they represent and those people are entitled to the same rights as you. I know you may not agree with their views, but it wouldnt be democratic of us to ban them. People are entitled to political freedom and the right to vote for someone to represent them. The far right does represent people, so we have to live with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Come to think of it, if we where to ban Nazis and far-right wing parties then we would become the Nazis ourselves by banning poltical parties because of their extreme views. I don't like Commies or Bible thumping politcal parties, but I don't think they should be banned.

Plus its not like we'll ever get Hitler jr in office.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Come to think of it, if we where to ban Nazis and far-right wing parties then we would become the Nazis ourselves by banning poltical parties because of their extreme views. I don't like Commies or Bible thumping politcal parties, but I don't think they should be banned.

Exactly, by removing them we will create more support for them

Plus its not like we'll ever get Hitler jr in office.

Hmm...im not sure, the European far right is on the rise again.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just what is meant by "nazi", anyway? Is it a group that espouses some sort of "racial identity"?

And if that's the case, should we ban all these race-groups in the United States like the NAACP, Ku Klux Klan, La Raza, Chicanos por la Causa, and Movimiento Aztlan?

I personally think racism is silly, but if a person wants to join a black or white or brown race-group and run around spouting their respective slogans, it is certainly his right to do so.

And if these race-weenies want to hustle people into voting for their platforms, they should be allowed to do so. That is what democracy's about, right?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

And if these race-weenies want to hustle people into voting for their platforms, they should be allowed to do so. That is what democracy's about, right?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Off_The_Street]

Agreed.
It is their democratic right to do what they like.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Plus one thing, why do people want them banned? Becuase they hate all other races? Or for their facist beliefs? All a Nazi party is a group of facist racists working toghether. Like the ANP for example, just a bunch of radical white sumpremiscts. If the Nazis were a facist black supremist group would we be banning them?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'd say that the only limit to political freedom of speech should be incitation to hatred. And that, unfortunately, has to be examined on a case-by-case basis.

However, if the Nazi Party must exist, I'd say... watch them. Watch them closely.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
However, if the Nazi Party must exist, I'd say... watch them. Watch them closely.

Well why just the Nazis? They are not the only hatefilled politcal party out there. We have Asian extremists, black extremists, we have hatefilled people in every party. Politcal freedoms are one of the best freedoms that we have, we cannot ban parties based on hatred. Hatred is a human emotion and we cannot prevent people from speaking their trash in politics. If a Nazi wants to run for president let him, he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning but so does Nader and he runs every election year.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Jedi - the only thing I fear is that before 1930, a lot of Germans chuckled at the Nazis and said they had no chance of winning, either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join